Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by oldcuss
You should try Medi-share- Phone is 866-963-9572. It is a
Christian health care plan and the prices are certainly right.

What's a "Christian health care plan"? Do you have to tithe back to them?

Yes, thats it. You got it.

""Mute the Greeniacs. Open the pipeline. Bury the Russians." - JPR - 2022
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Christian Healthcare Ministries

Also if the insurance you go with has a high deductible get a Health Savings Account.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by shaman
There was a scam going around. Some doc was said to be easy on getting you the paperwork necessary for claiming full disability. All you had to do was go in and claim you'd been having thoughts of suicide. $600/month for life. There was only one catch as some folks found out: When you went to buy your next firearm, you'd be rejected. Somebody had forwarded your name to the BATF. That boiled a lot of guys' bunnies.

Me? KYHillChick and I tried to get on Obamacare in late 2016. The first month's premium was north of $5K. Luckily this was just to tide us over until my new employer's healthcare plan kicked in. I only was on it for 2 months.

Who DaFugg can live on 600 a month? Damn people are stupid.

V
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
V
andrews1958,

By saying you are semi-retiring just what does that mean? Are you leaving the company you are working at now and getting a part time job, or are you going to work part time for the company you are at now? Do you have insurance with the company? If you do and leave the employment of the company you should qualify for COBRA for 18 months, although this timeframe varies state to state.

I retired at 63 and the cheapest I could get with full benefits was the COBRA. It got me close to medicare age but I had to get a policy to carry me another 6 months or so and was able to find a High Deductible/High Risk policy I could afford for that 6 months or so.

Last edited by VaHunter; 09/11/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
There was a scam going around. Some doc was said to be easy on getting you the paperwork necessary for claiming full disability. All you had to do was go in and claim you'd been having thoughts of suicide. $600/month for life. There was only one catch as some folks found out: When you went to buy your next firearm, you'd be rejected. Somebody had forwarded your name to the BATF. That boiled a lot of guys' bunnies.

Me? KYHillChick and I tried to get on Obamacare in late 2016. The first month's premium was north of $5K. Luckily this was just to tide us over until my new employer's healthcare plan kicked in. I only was on it for 2 months.

That plus what you can make on cash-only jobs is a living if you're in one of the poorer counties. What I saw when I was traveling down there often was that folks would band together and call themselves a family, and spool their checks. Doing so opened themselves up for other forms of welfare. My best friend down there had "wife," a "daughter" and a "grandson." I didn't know until he died that none of them were actually related to each other. Within a month or so of his passing, they just melted away, leaving Fingerhut wondering. My buddy died of brain cancer that lasted 2 years and never paid a dime in healthcare. This ain't stupidity by any stretch.

I was grousing to Buddy Joe one day about not being able to find a job. His reply, "You're a smart man. Your problem is that you haven't learned how to get your check. "

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

That plus what you can make on cash-only jobs is a living if you're in one of the poorer counties. What I saw when I was traveling down there often was that folks would band together and call themselves a family, and spool their checks. Doing so opened themselves up for other forms of welfare. My best friend down there had "wife," a "daughter" and a "grandson." I didn't know until he died that none of them were actually related to each other. Within a month or so of his passing, they just melted away, leaving Fingerhut wondering. My buddy died of brain cancer that lasted 2 years and never paid a dime in healthcare. This ain't stupidity by any stretch.

I was grousing to Buddy Joe one day about not being able to find a job. His reply, "You're a smart man. Your problem is that you haven't learned how to get your check. "

I am glad your buddy suffered immensely

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
That has to be the single worst thing I've seen posted on here in nearly 20 years. As a matter of fact, I watched Buddy Joe die myself along with 70 other of his friends and family. I was at the death watch. I arrived at 1 PM and Joe was still cogent. He begged me to shoot him and put him out of his misery. One of the things I reget in this life is not helping him out. I had wife and a family and folks dependind on me or I would have.

This is something no civilized human wishes on the other.

You're going on ignore, but I thought you needed to read this before I did.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by SPQR70AD

Utterly reprehensible statement.

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I'm in PM contact with a fellow camper who is right now going through this with his father. I'm praying he doesn't see this. If this dickweed had any humanity, he'd delete that post.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Theses plans can be a real benefit and I can vouch for Liberty Healthshare. The monthly cost is far less than regular insurance but the expectation is that you are not a smoker and work to maintain a healthy body. You need to actively manage the bills and help look for lower cost items when it comes to prescriptions etc. you need to remember that others are helping pay your bills as you are helping them. Medical providers will treat you as a self pay or private insurance. Major bills will take some time to resolve as the large insurance providers don’t like cost share groups and a HC providers won’t give you the same rate as BCBS.... Liberty has a advocate group the negotiates disputed costs and my experience has been that everything gets resolved but it takes time. Some times you get a collections call but they always get resolved. If you need an MRI on something, go to an independent imager pay cash, submit and get most if not all back. Example head scan at hospital outpatient can be 4K, independent or one outside a metro area can be $600 paid on the spot. Of course if it’s an emergency then you take it as it comes.

I ran numbers for insurance and you’re 20k into it before you get a benefit. Health share runs $400/mo with 2k deductible per year. They have been there for me and my wife having experienced eye surgeries and stage 4 cancer treatments.

What runs HC costs up is the corporate plans that allowed everyone to go to the doc anytime and not care about the costs, Then the providers are having to also provide low rates for Medicare and they take it from the corporate plans. Little guys as in self employed etc... get squeezed. O Care tried to level the field in a f’d up way and allowed insurers to stick it to self employed unless you got a subsidy or vote buying gift....

Pre O care BCBS major medical was $136/mo with 5k deductible. Same policy after O care, $900/mo with a 10k deductible. Or go gold and pay $2,300/mo with no deductible. Do the math = same screwing....if trump didn’t help blow up Ocare, those of you with great corporate plans were going to get your employers portion of your healthcare premium tacked on to your W2 income because “it’s noT fair” for some to have a good plane etc....... not that you worked hard to earn and market allowed it.......

I choose Healthshare, eat healthy, exercise, manage resources, and shop care and do just fine.

When I go, Liberty will gets Some of the estate as it goes to help good people. You don’t need to be a religious zealot to joint one, just be a good human....

Hope this helps

IC B3

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I often hear about, "COBRA benefits" and their cost. My understanding it that COBRA is basically a rule that allow you the option with your employer to continue your health insurance after you leave employment. In nearly every case, this means that you pay what you had been paying for insurance under your employer, along with the amount your employer was paying. I think I pay about $600 a month toward the health insurance and my employer pays around $1400 a month. That means the COBRA rule allows me to continue my health insurance, but I'm paying the full $2000 per month. That I know of, there is no aspect of COBRA benefits that allows me to pay less.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 240NMC

Theses plans can be a real benefit and I can vouch for Liberty Healthshare. The monthly cost is far less than regular insurance but the expectation is that you are not a smoker and work to maintain a healthy body. You need to actively manage the bills and help look for lower cost items when it comes to prescriptions etc. you need to remember that others are helping pay your bills as you are helping them. Medical providers will treat you as a self pay or private insurance. Major bills will take some time to resolve as the large insurance providers don’t like cost share groups and a HC providers won’t give you the same rate as BCBS.... Liberty has a advocate group the negotiates disputed costs and my experience has been that everything gets resolved but it takes time. Some times you get a collections call but they always get resolved. If you need an MRI on something, go to an independent imager pay cash, submit and get most if not all back. Example head scan at hospital outpatient can be 4K, independent or one outside a metro area can be $600 paid on the spot. Of course if it’s an emergency then you take it as it comes.

I ran numbers for insurance and you’re 20k into it before you get a benefit. Health share runs $400/mo with 2k deductible per year. They have been there for me and my wife having experienced eye surgeries and stage 4 cancer treatments.

What runs HC costs up is the corporate plans that allowed everyone to go to the doc anytime and not care about the costs, Then the providers are having to also provide low rates for Medicare and they take it from the corporate plans. Little guys as in self employed etc... get squeezed. O Care tried to level the field in a f’d up way and allowed insurers to stick it to self employed unless you got a subsidy or vote buying gift....

Pre O care BCBS major medical was $136/mo with 5k deductible. Same policy after O care, $900/mo with a 10k deductible. Or go gold and pay $2,300/mo with no deductible. Do the math = same screwing....if trump didn’t help blow up Ocare, those of you with great corporate plans were going to get your employers portion of your healthcare premium tacked on to your W2 income because “it’s noT fair” for some to have a good plane etc....... not that you worked hard to earn and market allowed it.......

I choose Healthshare, eat healthy, exercise, manage resources, and shop care and do just fine.

When I go, Liberty will gets Some of the estate as it goes to help good people. You don’t need to be a religious zealot to joint one, just be a good human....

Hope this helps

My understanding is that the Christian medishare plans have somewhat strict guidelines about lifestyle (no smoking, as mentioned, but also no drinking, illegal drugs, dangerous recreational pursuits, expected church attendance, etc.).

My biggest beef with Zero-care is that it tacks on a lot of preventive care costs onto the policy. Physicals, mammograms, the list is almost endless. I used to be on a standard BCBS "major medical" plan. I had very similar eye surgeries with it, and with an Zero-care plan, and the out of pocket cost was comparable. The only difference is that my physical now gets run through the insurance, so it's 30% more expensive, and along with all the other bull crap that is "included", premiums have nearly tripled. Thanks, Zero!

Sic Semper Tyrannis
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Under Obamacare, increases in household income can result in increased premiums.

My wife was on it for a short while before she was old enough to enroll in Medicare. Our annual SS C.O.L.A. raise which amounted to only about $35 - $40 a month total for the both of us that year caused her monthly premium to increase $120.

I'll never understand nor could they explain why a $40 a month raise warranted a $120 a month premium increase.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Guess I lucked out........

when I retired from UPS......

went from plan A (working)

to plan B (retired)......

Then when I hit 65...Medicare !!!!!!

Cost me $140 month off the top of my SSA CK

Never paid for health insurance before.....

Luckily wife still under my Utah/Idaho Teamsters Plan also

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This thread got me concerned when it began.
I hate medicade and generally all health insurance.
Even the Christian share ones I've checked into do not cover my choice of health care. They are all DRUG and SURGERY programs. As a Christian I have made use of natural healing cures that work. All due respect to the fine physicians here and elsewhere, aside from a couple of times that I was sewn up, I can't think of much use that I've had for hospitals or major medicine.

I asked the Lord and "coincidentally"???
No, clearly and specifically He gave me the answer today.
Every week I take Dr. Daniels class. Out of all the topics pertaining to health, this is the subject that this retired medical doctor prescribed for herself at age 63 when she was in worst shape than many of us.

[video:vimeo]https://vimeo.com/457335329/recommended[/video]

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Check any professional / fraternal organizations you belong to. Some of them offer health insurance, some at a pretty good rate.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by SPQR70AD

Karma will come knocking at your door. Enjoy your ride.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for the suggestion.
It's not simply cost though. It's that a few times I've been injured, I sought chiropractic with one out if state fixing my range of motion with one $400 visit.
That was better than numerous trips to one of the top rated orthopedic doctors in my state that Rx tests, meds but no correction.

I normally do my own treatment after prayer and professional consults from a pool of naturalpathic physicians and an MD like Dr Patricia Daniels I posted. The Insurance companies I have checked with don't cover these or the vitamin, mineral, or herbal supplements that I use.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

405 members (17CalFan, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 38 invisible), 1,903 guests, and 1,052 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,602
Posts18,454,671
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.