Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Next time Climate Change comes up, and the Lefties start wringing their hands, tell them it is all over. The peak demand for fossil fuels has passed, and will never go back to former levels. So says the braintrust at BP.

What this means is that the world forever more will be using less fossil fuels, and that should mitigate man made climate change forever more. It will blow their minds.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/bp-says-era-oil-demand-230100653.html

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anyone who lived through the 70s, with smoke stacks everywhere, smog in every major city, lead paint, asbestos, and leaded fuel in every vehicle, knows that the environment is already 10 times cleaner today. That's why the only two groups who support this issue are brainwashed young people who aren't old enough to know any better, and older people who do know better but are using it as either a Marxist revolution cover story or a globalist scam to screw America.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
BP is obviously run by idiots at worst or manipulators at best.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
In the USA, that may be true.
In China - not so much.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
As dictatorial as the EPA is, I'll have to say that they have done a lot to clean things up. They've gone way overboard on some stuff but the air's certainly cleaner around cities.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
They are saying that soon (within a few years) there will be more electric cars sold than gas and that, in combination with self-driving cars, will make gas powered mass transit obsolete. It is on its way out except for small niches (air travel, heavy equipment, lubricants, etc.). When that happens, oil will fall dramatically. By rights, it should completely take the wind out of the sails of AGW, but I'll wager they'll try to find another way to ration energy.

Tarquin
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by RiverRider

I worked for BP for a short while after they bought ARCO Oil and Gas. Lord Brown was as odd (LBQTXYZ) as a three dollar bill, and staffed the company with a lot of like minded, so called socially responsible people. Biggest bunch of idiots I ever tried to work with! I took the severance package and worked for them as a contractor for two more years. Never was so happy to get shet off a company in all my life.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
BP is certainly the most "left" of the majors.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tarquin
They are saying that soon (within a few years) there will be more electric cars sold than gas and that, in combination with self-driving cars, will make gas powered mass transit obsolete. It is on its way out except for small niches (air travel, heavy equipment, lubricants, etc.). When that happens, oil will fall dramatically. By rights, it should completely take the wind out of the sails of AGW, but I'll wager they'll try to find another way to ration energy.

The Saudi oil minister is quoted saying “the Stone Age didn’t end because we ran out of stones”.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You can't stop religious fanatics with logic or reason.

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

True. Remember about 10 or 12 years ago they were running those TV ads telling us how green they were? Telling us that BP stood for “Beyond Petroleum”. Then they blew out that oil well in the gulf and caused that huge oil spill. Fortunately they had to cut out that Beyond Petroleum crap.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
JMHO, but most of the top managers at BP have lost their minds.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
, and that should mitigate man made climate change forever more.

Can't Mitigate something that never existed.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by Tarquin

The Saudi oil minister is quoted saying “the Stone Age didn’t end because we ran out of stones”.

+1!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Yeah yeah yeah. In the '80's they said that by the year 2000 cars would fly just like on the Jetsons. Haven't seen any of that stuff haopening yet.

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Allen917

I worked for BP for a short while after they bought ARCO Oil and Gas. Lord Brown was as odd (LBQTXYZ) as a three dollar bill, and staffed the company with a lot of like minded, so called socially responsible people. Biggest bunch of idiots I ever tried to work with! I took the severance package and worked for them as a contractor for two more years. Never was so happy to get shet off a company in all my life.

I worked for ARCO for 10 years or so before the buyout and BP for the following 10... you are right about BP. They kept working on bringing the operating procedures together and went with the "better" procedure every time, as long as it was the BP way. Talk about FUBAR! They were completely out of touch but fixed every situation with meetings... meetings... and more meetings. It was impossible to get anything done.

Lord Browneye made a site visit and absolutely swished from meeting to meeting. Shortly afterward BP took exception to the costs being rung up in his closet...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Anyone who lived through the 70s, with smoke stacks everywhere, smog in every major city, lead paint, asbestos, and leaded fuel in every vehicle, knows that the environment is already 10 times cleaner today. That's why the only two groups who support this issue are brainwashed young people who aren't old enough to know any better, and older people who do know better but are using it as either a Marxist revolution cover story or a globalist scam to screw America.

It's ALL about (1) control and (2) the money....

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Anyone who lived through the 70s, with smoke stacks everywhere, smog in every major city, lead paint, asbestos, and leaded fuel in every vehicle, knows that the environment is already 10 times cleaner today. .

Yup, those Damn EPA folks made that [bleep] happen.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
As dictatorial as the EPA is, I'll have to say that they have done a lot to clean things up. They've gone way overboard on some stuff but the air's certainly cleaner around cities.

Overboard in the portable gas can department for sure, still can't find any worth a schit and they are over priced crap.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
So, what caused the Medieval Warming? England was producing wine grapes in 900AD. Try that now.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

354 members (260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 264mag, 270winchester, 10gaugeman, 30 invisible), 2,486 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,598
Posts18,454,449
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.