Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Miracles never cease. I did have one here at work. Not the greatest, but it is here.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

GB1

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Yeah, nice.

Those guns were/are good shooters. They're robust with their long recoiling action like an A-5.

I like their lines and their look.

DF

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Me too!!!

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When I was 13, I had a 20 gauge single shot, branded FIE. Brazilian made, cheap, and you pulled the trigger guard back to open the gun. But it worked. A friend of my dad's came out sharptail hunting, and took me with. He had a 20 gauge Superposed, IC and Modified. On the first flush, I got a bird, he got two. Then he said, I'd like to try your gun, let's trade for a while. So at 13, I got to hunt sharptails with a genuine Browning Superposed. As I grew older, I suspect he really didn't want to try my old FIE......

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Nice nice story. Thank you. You are lucky your Dad had a friend like that

IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
Nice nice story. Thank you. You are lucky your Dad had a friend like that

Yep.

I liked that one, too....

DF

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's a good memory.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 300_savage
When I was 13, I had a 20 gauge single shot, branded FIE. Brazilian made, cheap, and you pulled the trigger guard back to open the gun. But it worked. A friend of my dad's came out sharptail hunting, and took me with. He had a 20 gauge Superposed, IC and Modified. On the first flush, I got a bird, he got two. Then he said, I'd like to try your gun, let's trade for a while. So at 13, I got to hunt sharptails with a genuine Browning Superposed. As I grew older, I suspect he really didn't want to try my old FIE......

Killer story!
That is what making hunting memories is all about!
Thanks for sharing

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Looked at a superposed 20 gauge, it seemed really nice. I thought about it for awhile, am thinking about it still.

I bought an E. J. Bland, London side by side 12 gauge years ago that is really sweet. I only use it for ruffed grouse and wood cock but that is about the only birds I hunt now. So not sure I need that twenty gauge , but it is tempting me.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Need you say?
If it was about need, all we need is a 1 room shack and a woodstove!
A 20 Superposed? Treat yourself. You can thank me later.....
Have a good weekend
Ed

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I know I am old but it still catches me off guard when I hear "ruffed grouse". As a boy they were always partridge OR as a true New Englander would say "patridge". laugh laugh laugh

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I’ve had a couple, sold them when I quit quail hunting. Works of art, look out for salt stocks.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
They were never on my list until I saw my FIL's gun. My own Dad shot model 12's as far back as I remember then he got crippled in a paper mill accident. He switched to a Browning Lt 12 A-5 and as a little boy I loved the sound of it when it slammed shut. When I was 21 I bought an A-5 for myself. I never liked it because it was 1967 and it had a flat knob. I still have it to this day. The Superposed were always monetarily out of my reach. I'm 75, still work full time, collect a pension and social security. I can afford them now and I only hope I continue to live awhile to enjoy them

I'm soon to be 72 and finally got a 12 gauge this year with a leather takedown case with it. It only took me 50 years...

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Got a 20 superposed 20 yrs ago. a 4 digit from early 1950's. No gold trigger. It has been my go to bird gun, mostly doves. I had Darlington Gunworks in SC convert it to automatic safety since I was used to side by sides with them. It is the perfect size. The 12's are a little deep in the action for me, but those 20s, yum. Had a 410 Superposed for awhile, two owners back it belonged to Paul Tibbets. Just couldn't see keeping it for the limited utility.

Charlie

Last edited by crsides; 11/14/20.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great story’s and I enjoyed the entire thread. Congrats to Longbeardking! The Superposed is a work of art. But in my opinion, the gun to have, if you’re only shooting twice, is the sweet little 20 pictured at the top of the photo Dirtfarmer posted. That’s a sweet little bird gun!

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by crsides
Got a 20 superposed 20 yrs ago. a 4 digit from early 1950's. No gold trigger. It has been my go to bird gun, mostly doves. I had Darlington Gunworks in SC convert it to automatic safety since I was used to side by sides with them. It is the perfect size. The 12's are a little deep in the action for me, but those 20s, yum. Had a 410 Superposed for awhile, two owners back it belonged to Paul Tibbets. Just couldn't see keeping it for the limited utility.

Charlie

Agreed... the 12's are a bit deep... I still have 5-6 12's that never get shot and a doz or so 20's that get used a lot. They are the best feeling o/u to me...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I know I am old but it still catches me off guard when I hear "ruffed grouse". As a boy they were always partridge OR as a true New Englander would say "patridge". laugh laugh laugh

Especially if one had them in his sights.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Tag

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
My FIL thought the Browning auto was all you needed. He had a .308 BAR, a .22, a Sweet Sixteen, and a light 12 A5. I miss him. He was a good old boy.

I always wanted a Superposed. I probably should sell the half dozen nondescript shotguns I have and buy one.

Last edited by Hogeye; 02/04/22.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (264mag, Anaconda, 6mmCreedmoor, ak_Rick, 13 invisible), 1,505 guests, and 752 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,174
Posts18,465,421
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.