-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The brain child of Leslie Edelman IIRC, everyone else involved was not nearly as thrilled.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by gemby58
We sold truck loads of these in the late 90's when Kimber was trying to break into the rifle world.everyone that bought one said they were shooters. Bump for a good shooter

Fail. These were first converted in early 2005, prior to that, "Kimber" was not anything but rifles since the early 80s.

I think the 96 conversions were offered well before 2005. I would be interested in the barrels they used ...beside the 6.5's

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by 10at6
We sold truck loads of these in the late 90's when Kimber was trying to break into the rifle world.everyone that bought one said they were shooters. Bump for a good shooter

Fail. These were first converted in early 2005, prior to that, "Kimber" was not anything but rifles since the early 80s.

I think the 96 conversions were offered well before 2005. I would be interested in the barrels they used ...beside the 6.5's

You are right, that was addressed above. I was wroooonnnngggggg by a decade. Early 1995, Sooooorrrrryyyyyyy.

Wilson maybe. (Says guy with proven faulty memory.)

Bump

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by cas6969
The brain child of Leslie Edelman IIRC, everyone else involved was not nearly as thrilled.

LOL

Although there were definitely dollar signs flashing in Greg and Jack's eyes!

Mentioned elsewhere. They pulled me from stock work to be a handyman to set things up for this Fall 94, back in the Colton facility that had previously been used for KoO expansion 88-91. Working along side Jack, the brains of the operation, is a cherished memory. He'd send me to Platt Electric to buy some chit and the electricians would be like WTF, you can't install that! I was pretty wild, 25, dude. Ol' Jack tig welded the bluing tanks himself. I never did hear of his demise but gotta figure so. He was producing, prototyping Warne Rings then in Clackamas. He liked that a vertical split allowed function with one less part than horizontal split rings. Helping Greg per usual. We were getting walnut dust all over his nrw CNCs and he was eager to move the Kimber of America woodshop to Colton as well.

That Riverside Fire is nipping at the heels of that old factory building which originated as a saw blade factory in the 50s.

For amusement. I originally got hired on, after all the other available locals, in 88 soon after moving back to the area. I would drive up FAST every day in my blown motor smoking oil leaking 63 Corvair asking for that boss guy as I couldn't remember the name Greg, dude. Eventually Greg, a fairly party friendly sort, took a liking to me and said I could help the landscape lady dig the koi pond. I was wild but hardworking. After a few days I was invited to join the SwingShift woodshop, where the two of us would work up 75 Govt 82 stocks a night so the third guy could go dink around on the machinery making special things. In a couple of months, onto dayshift making sporter stocks. The rest is history.

Bump

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 09/11/20.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Swede collectors/purists may cringe a little, but bottom line these are really nice deer rifles. I just have too many right now or I would be buying this too - especially at that price.

My earliest is 1903, so it would be really cool to hunt with a rifle born in 1899!

Good luck on the sale, somebody will be getting a nice rifle

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Carl Gustav Stad too.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
absolutely - an Obendorf or later Husky are very nice too, but Gustav with the crown always seem more refined... I really don't need another, but this is grinding on me....

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by 10at6

You are right, that was addressed above. I was wroooonnnngggggg by a decade. Early 1995, Sooooorrrrryyyyyyy.

Wilson maybe. (Says guy with proven faulty memory.)

Bump

Was Wilson barrels

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by stealthgoat
absolutely - an Obendorf or later Husky are very nice too, but Gustav with the crown always seem more refined... I really don't need another, but this is grinding on me....

Being relatively poor, I couldn't stock up on loads of them. I sorted through the conexes and found an unissued all matching Carl Gustav Stad from 1907, the year my paternal great grandfather emigrated from Sweden. I suck, and sold it a few years later. Nary a ding on it. Kicking self. Family name being Carl too. Dohhh.

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Jason is a pretty good guy for letting me reminisce!

Bump

--- Kid Rock 2022

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Only one I ever saw in person was a VZ24 .280 in the used rack of an LGS. Stll had the military guard with the swivel hole, plus a miltary trigger by the feel of it. Stainless barrel IIRC.

What fresh Hell is this?
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I think the 6.5X55s were just turned down military barrels.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I worked for Kimber of America and Greg Warne in the front office in Clackamas,OR. 1995-till they closed shop there and moved to Yonkers, NY.

These rifles were sold then. They're a good solid rifle.

fwiw, the Kimber 1911's were ALL manufactured in Yonkers and then shipped to Clackamas to be distributed from there. They were stamped Clackamas because they thought it better sales appeal.

Yeah, Jack was a good man but mama held the purse strings to the whole op.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Huntz

Of course.

Bump

Oh, what were these Swede 96s twisted?

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 09/12/20.

--- Kid Rock 2022

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Of course.

Bump

I think 1-7.

Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Of course.

Bump

I think 1-7.

Those Scandinavias were ahead of the curve.

Wanting one now.

Bump

Saw this.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/876519036

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I always wanted one of these.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Of course.

Bump

I think 1-7.

Those Scandinavias were ahead of the curve.

Wanting one now.

Bump

Saw this.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/876519036

I stand corrected .The twist was 1-7.817,they used a 156 grain round nosed bullet.Thoses babies are super long and most 96 Mausers have a long throat to accommodate that bullet.I think later they went to a 140ish grain bullet.

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Rifle has been sold...

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Jason280
Rifle has been sold...

Congrats!

--- Kid Rock 2022

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

711 members (1936M71, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 163dm, 160user, 16Racing, 66 invisible), 3,086 guests, and 1,368 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,581
Posts18,454,147
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.