Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#15222042 09/14/20
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
My wife bought an LCR at Cabelas and got put on delay by NCIS 6 weeks ago. Two week ago she ran that NCIS again since Cabelas will not release the firearm without approval, despite what the law says. She was put on delay again.

Is this common today? It would be her first firearms purchase. The counter guy said a number of people are getting that when it's their first purchase.

Last edited by Armednfree; 09/14/20.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
BP-B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I know a guy who purchased a shotgun at a Bass Pro and is dealing with the same thing.
First time gun-owner, 8 weeks delay on approval.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I'd shop elsewhere!

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
"Shall not be infringed" Yeah right. Somebody needs to remind the politicians and especially the courts of that.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Blackheart
"Shall not be infringed" Yeah right. Somebody needs to remind the politicians and especially the courts of that.

We need to purge some politicians and judges.

LOL
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Cancel the order.

Go buy it yourself and gift it to her.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Fireball2

We need to purge some politicians and judges.
More than just "some". The NRA and all the other Fudd"s who think a little infringement is OK need to go too.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No matter what you may of thought of Martin Luther King jr, , he was absolutely correct when he said "a right delayed is a right denied "

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I’ve had 3 NICS checks in last 6 weeks (2 Walmart 700s, 1 1911 at BPS) All were delays. All call backs the next business day.

Not a first time buyer.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 458Win
No matter what you may of thought of Martin Luther King jr, , he was absolutely correct when he said "a right delayed is a right denied "
It ceases to be a right just as soon as you have to get permission. Whether that takes a few minutes or a few weeks makes no difference.

IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Armednfree
My wife bought an LCR at Cabelas and got put on delay by NCIS 6 weeks ago. Two week ago she ran that NCIS again since Cabelas will not release the firearm without approval, despite what the law says. She was put on delay again.

Is this common today? It would be her first firearms purchase. The counter guy said a number of people are getting that when it's their first purchase.

Geeze? Is she doing better?

I remember she was in tough shape there for a while?

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Armednfree

Geeze? Is she doing better?

I remember she was in tough shape there for a while?

Bad bro-in-law, gonna take him out, mebbe?

FJB & FJT
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by steve4102
Cancel the order.

Straw purchase and a felony. Don't do it.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

10-4 on that.

I spend all my money on loose women and trapping supplies.....The rest I just waste.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Agreed💯

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by natman
Cancel the order.

Don't people pretty routinely buy guns for their family members as presents? Most boys, for example, get their first gun as a present from their dad, no? Is that an illegal straw purchase? Often, the first such a boy knows about it is on Christmas morning when he's opening his gifts, so he hadn't generally gone through a NICS check for it. I think husbands and wives do the same thing for each other fairly routinely, no?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cancel the order.

This is America - we have the ABSOLUTE RIGHT to buy weapons and give them to family and friends. All else is BUNK.

The "straw purchase" nonsense is legal bullschitt to scare people from doing just that. SCREW the straw purchase laws, they are null-and-void.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cancel the order.

That's misinformation.
Buy a clue.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/firearms-frequently-asked-questions-unlicensed-persons

Last edited by Snyper; 09/14/20.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
It ceases to be a right just as soon as you have to get permission. Whether that takes a few minutes or a few weeks makes no difference.

This! If the government legislates in statute form any exercise of a right, it is now a privilege, mediated by the government. If anyone imagines that's what the Founding Fathers envisioned when they wrote the founding documents, they don't know how to use basic logic.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

This! If the government legislates in statute form any exercise of a right, it is now a privilege, mediated by the government. If anyone imagines that's what the Founding Fathers envisioned when they wrote the founding documents, they don't know how to use basic logic.
Hear-hear.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
631 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 12308300, 56 invisible), 2,870 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,740
Posts18,401,149
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.