Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Just watched a documentary called The Devil We Know. Its on Youtube.

DuPont executives should be in jail. Its 90 minutes but if you aren't aware of what they've done to you, you'll be pissed

Last edited by KFWA; 09/14/20.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
GB1

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Tag to watch later.

Big companies have done a lot of that. Motorola dumped toxic chemicals in a desert aquifer.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If you knew the depth of deceit related to pollutant discharge in this country you'd pass a few bricks.

There are two streams in Florida that are used by paper mills to discharge waste water. One flows into the gulf, the other wanders into the St. Johns River then the Atlantic. The discharge includes dioxin which is a byproduct of the paper making processes. The state recently declined to set a contamination standard for this and EPA said "OK, fine". My words, not theirs. Dioxin is the active agent in Agent Orange.

There be a couple things on this earth that are fundamentally necessary to human kind. Water and air are top of the list. You'd think we might be better stewards, no?

Take a look at this document which is a data summary of part of the findings from an investigation over the course of 2 years in a Florida river. The plethora of chemicals only represent what was tested for, not the entire chemical population. The mix is dumbfounding nonetheless.

https://www.warinconline.com/content/files/LWR_Phase%202_Interim%20Report%20070318.pdf

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
DuPont used to be THE major employer here in south Jersey - "Uncle DuPee". Dad was a welder there, and it ruined him. Retired at 62, dead at 68, and never had an opportunity to enjoy his retirement, spent it in and out of hospitals. Lost 40% of his lung capacity after being caught in a phosgene gas leak. Kidney failure believed to be from exposure to toxins from lead and galvanized metals; heart failure, broken bones, etc. Used to tell me I'd never work for DuPont's as long as he was alive to stop me.

Had a great-uncle who was horribly burned there, burned so bad that he could only be identified by his initials on his belt buckle. He survived after extensive plastic surgeries to rebuild his ruined hands, fingers and facial features.

Had a young neighbor, father of two, who was killed in the infamous Plant One explosion in 1969. Only remains they found of him was a finger with his wedding band attached.

I knew many DuPont employees who died way too young.
Dad knew what he was talking about.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
If you knew the depth of deceit related to pollutant discharge in this country you'd pass a few bricks.

There are two streams in Florida that are used by paper mills to discharge waste water. One flows into the gulf, the other wanders into the St. Johns River then the Atlantic. The discharge includes dioxin which is a byproduct of the paper making processes. The state recently declined to set a contamination standard for this and EPA said "OK, fine". My words, not theirs. Dioxin is the active agent in Agent Orange.

There be a couple things on this earth that are fundamentally necessary to human kind. Water and air are top of the list. You'd think we might be better stewards, no?

Take a look at this document which is a data summary of part of the findings from an investigation over the course of 2 years in a Florida river. The plethora of chemicals only represent what was tested for, not the entire chemical population. The mix is dumbfounding nonetheless.

https://www.warinconline.com/content/files/LWR_Phase%202_Interim%20Report%20070318.pdf

And people eat the seafood caught in those areas.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
DuPont had a facility in Pompton Lakes, next door to my town. The ground water was contaminated by their chemicals. https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/watchdog/2018/02/14/dupont-pompton-lakes-pollution/806921001/

NRA Endowment Life Member, G.O.A supporter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Hey, they create jobs, and dividends for the shareholders, so they're good for the nation. You can always buy water from Nestle and purchase a gas mask . . .

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well, I’ve worked for them for 32 years in R&D testing experimental pesticides. I’m still alive, healthy and still testing pesticides. I didn’t watch the docu, but my guess is if there is a coverup in ANY company, it happens at a level well below the executives.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shaun, bottled water from around here is pretty much as messy as surface water. It’s mostly all coming from springs. The river referenced in the report I linked gets about 75% of flow from springs.

Drink up!

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BRISTECD
Well, I’ve worked for them for 32 years in R&D testing experimental pesticides. I’m still alive, healthy and still testing pesticides. I didn’t watch the docu, but my guess is if there is a coverup in ANY company, it happens at a level well below the executives.

I don't think you'd say that if you watched the documentary

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’ll have to watch it then.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

So far???

I'm sure in today's world, perhaps even 32 years ago when you started, the company is providing you with appropriate PPE?

I sure hope your luck and skill hold out.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Dan, I'm surprised at your post given this quote from a 1987 paper:

EPA will begin regulating the discharge of dioxins from paper mills shortly to reduce levels in the effluents.

https://archive.epa.gov/epa/aboutepa/national-dioxin-study-released.html

It's been known for a long time that chlorine bleaching of paper has a result of dioxin possibly being released into the environment. And given how nasty that stuff is, and how persistent in the environment, I'm truly astonished FL would continue to allow it to pollute the Waters of the State.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The first 30 years of my life both in Kentucky and on the gulf coast, I was surrounded by contaminated water supplies. Asking a man to choose between a good paying job and the environment, my experience is he'll choose the job.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Valsdsd, I don’t know it is totally unregulated, the point I was trying to make was EPA offered an opportunity for states to modify the then existing standards. This was during the Rick Scott era. The state chose to ignore dioxin and raised the allowable level of some 4-5 other known carcinogenic compounds. They also raised allowable levels for other common pollutants. FWIW, I wouldn’t piss on Rick Scott if he was afire.

Having won the Agent Orange lottery I’m a bit polarized on the topic of carcinogenic compound pollution. It is BS writ large. While I’m at it, Dow, Monsanto and their ilk deserve a special niche in Hell.

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Shaun, bottled water from around here is pretty much as messy as surface water. It’s mostly all coming from springs. The river referenced in the report I linked gets about 75% of flow from springs.

Drink up!

I had my tongue firmly planted in-cheek. Personally, I think those responsible should be shot. But I feel the same way about most politicians as well so . . .

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Dan, I'm surprised at your post given this quote from a 1987 paper:

EPA will begin regulating the discharge of dioxins from paper mills shortly to reduce levels in the effluents.

https://archive.epa.gov/epa/aboutepa/national-dioxin-study-released.html

It's been known for a long time that chlorine bleaching of paper has a result of dioxin possibly being released into the environment. And given how nasty that stuff is, and how persistent in the environment, I'm truly astonished FL would continue to allow it to pollute the Waters of the State.

Green paper is a miraculous lubricant.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by ShaunRyan

I had my tongue firmly planted in-cheek. Personally, I think those responsible should be shot. But I feel the same way about most politicians as well so . . .

There are a lot of us who agree with you.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I understand you have significant time invested, but if they’re still testing experimental pesticides on you, I would seek other employment.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Couple years and I’m done.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 64 invisible), 2,539 guests, and 1,126 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,315
Posts18,468,381
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.