Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Anyone own one of the Colt Cobra Stainless? How do you like it or just stick with an old detective special?

BP-B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I've stuck with the old Detective special. Hard to beat those guns. Not to say the new one isn't good, but I have no experience with them.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The dick specials were and are superior to the S&W J frame. The actions were better and they hold another round.

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by BobBrown
The dick specials were and are superior to the S&W J frame. The actions were better and they hold another round.

I don’t think so, although it’s nice holding an extra round, I do like Smiths DA trigger better. The colts are just about a step to far from a pocket gun for me. The ultimate small frame 6 shooter is a S&W 30-1 or 631 grin

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by smallfry
Anyone own one of the Colt Cobra Stainless? How do you like it or just stick with an old detective special?

Old Detective Special.

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

I don’t think so, although it’s nice holding an extra round, I do like Smiths DA trigger better. The colts are just about a step to far from a pocket gun for me. The ultimate small frame 6 shooter is a S&W 30-1 or 631 grin

Stop reading on the Internet.

J Frames never had the quality of some of the N and K/L frames. J frame triggers are just OK

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S

Stop reading on the Internet.

J Frames never had the quality of some of the N and K/L frames. J frame triggers are just OK

Bob it’s just my observation with my own guns. 3rd & 4th issue with two J frames around the same years. Physically both colts have lighter trigger pulls, but I wouldn’t have guessed it had I not measured it myself.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Agree for sure and certain

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Stick with the Detective Special unless the price is exorbitant or you can't find one. Go with the newer gun if either is the case.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Wife's Magnum Carry in .357...actually a Detective Special in the longer caliber.

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Ethan,
I have one of those Magnum Carry's too, it's a great little revolver, I keep mine loaded with medium velocity Remington 125 grain 357 Magnum Golden Sabers.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ar15a292f
Ethan,
I have one of those Magnum Carry's too, it's a great little revolver, I keep mine loaded with medium velocity Remington 125 grain 357 Magnum Golden Sabers.
My wife and Mom both had Detective Specials. I traded the wife's on the Magnum Carry, though I should have kept both. My daughter got my Mom's. Both were newer Detective Specials with those big grips.

The Magnum Carry gets some old Winchester White Box 110 grain JHP's that I stocked up on back in the day. Jan Libourel recommended them as plenty powerful yet not so much as to kill your neighbor next door if shooting some creeper in self defense.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Wife's Magnum Carry in .357...actually a Detective Special in the longer caliber.
Externally yes, but internally that has the SF-VI action.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It depends on what you want from the revolver. If you just want the best quality revolver, then the newly manufactured Colt's are the one's to buy. They're better made, smoother actions, and much stronger than the original Colts. Now that said, the Detective Special is no slouch of a revolver at all; I love them.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I wonder why the Colt "magnum carry" has not been reintroduced. I mean they have the new 'Cobra' and 'King Cobra'. So why not the stainless Magnum Carry?

Deaf
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DeafSmith
I wonder why the Colt "magnum carry" has not been reintroduced. I mean they have the new 'Cobra' and 'King Cobra'. So why not the stainless Magnum Carry?
I've wondered the same thing. Probably Colt's ongoing propensity for shooting themselves in the foot.

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
The King Cobra is essentially the same gun as the Magnum Carry. The 3" may be the perfect carry revolver. JMHO-YMMV.........

JMHO-YMMV dd884
Gary D. Peek
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by ddixie884
The King Cobra is essentially the same gun as the Magnum Carry. The 3" may be the perfect carry revolver. JMHO-YMMV.........

I agree, i have one of the new King Cobra and I find that is the perfect cary gun in the field.

Dennis

Lets start over and talk about something you know about, like Mexican food.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
95 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, 13 invisible), 1,749 guests, and 736 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,727
Posts18,400,720
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.