Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Speaking exclusively to Townhall on a recent flight from Cleveland to Washington, D.C., Attorney General Bill Barr discussed the timing of U.S. Attorney John Durham's investigation into the FBI's Russia probe and efforts by the Department of Justice to ensure it remains non-political on the matter.

"I've said that there are sort of two missions, I see it. One is to get to the bottom of what happened and get the facts out about that and we are going to do that and you know, try to be careful about that, that we don't do anything that would unduly interfere with the election," Barr said. "And then there's the issue of whether someone crossed the line. In the course of these, in my view, unjustified and horrible abuse of power, actually cross the line and committed a federal offense and I can't really say anything about the status of that investigation except that it's continuing and we'll be careful about not bringing indictments in a way that can be viewed as interfering with the election."

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katie...f7ac823837210e9d3eaf4&recip=27116010

The way I see it the only way to "not interfere" in the election is to do nothing.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
BP-B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
He clearly stated back in early August that nothing would be released until after the November elections.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Durham said that months ago.

The monkey wrench is that if Biden gets elected, none of it will ever see the light day.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not releasing the information before the election directly impacts the election by denying voters critical knowledge necessary to make decisions. Those involved are the ones that set the bar on election interference. Release the information when it is ready. Holding it up is consciously making a decision to influence the election.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by 348srfun
Not releasing the information before the election directly impacts the election by denying voters critical knowledge necessary to make decisions. Those involved are the ones that set the bar on election interference. Release the information when it is ready. Holding it up is consciously making a decision to influence the election.

+1

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

+1

Not really.

The crooks and facts of their criminal actions have been out there for awhile.

Democrats support and vote for commies and criminals. No amount of fact or truth will ever change their minds.

The rest of us already have our minds made up.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Sure would be nice to see a warrant or subpoena for Obama, but that wouldn't be good for Trump's chances of getting some of black vote.

Life is good live it while you can.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
This is why justice is blind. So politicians can carry on as usual.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

+1

Not really.

The crooks and facts of their criminal actions have been out there for awhile.

Democrats support and vote for commies and criminals. No amount of fact or truth will ever change their minds.

The rest of us already have our minds made up.

There are thousands/millions of Americans that do not follow politics closely and have no idea what Spygate is, or what Operation Hurricane is or was. They get their info from the MSM which is pretty much silent on this. They have never heard about General Flynn, except for maybe some of lies the the MSM has reported.

As long as Barr does nothing, millions of voters will be voting blind.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
It's a political calculation. Indicting Comey, et.al. now would look like a political prosecution to consumers of MSM and could cost Trump votes. If Trump then lost, the cases would be dropped anyway. Waiting incentivises Trump voters to return him to office, not that we need any more reasons to vote for him; but it doesn't alienate potential undecideds, who may decide in Trump's favor. It would have been great if indictments could have been brought down early in his first term, but given that that didn't happen, perhaps this is the right approach. My $.02.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
IC B3

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Barr and Durham just want to drag this thing out and keep it quiet until it fades away. They know the public has very short memories. They don't want to do anything to jeopardize their next Deep State swamp jobs. Barr is no improvement over Jeff Sessions.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Barr and Durham just want to drag this thing out and keep it quiet until it fades away. They know the public has very short memories. They don't want to do anything to jeopardize their next Deep State swamp jobs. Barr is no improvement over Jeff Sessions.

...or Lynch, or Holder, or Yates.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by steve4102

When you say something like that, you ruin any credibility you may have built up. I understand your frustration and disappointment, which I share, but that is a ridiculous statement.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Speaking exclusively to Townhall on a recent flight from Cleveland to Washington, D.C., Attorney General Bill Barr discussed the timing of U.S. Attorney John Durham's investigation into the FBI's Russia probe and efforts by the Department of Justice to ensure it remains non-political on the matter.

"I've said that there are sort of two missions, I see it. One is to get to the bottom of what happened and get the facts out about that and we are going to do that and you know, try to be careful about that, that we don't do anything that would unduly interfere with the election," Barr said. "And then there's the issue of whether someone crossed the line. In the course of these, in my view, unjustified and horrible abuse of power, actually cross the line and committed a federal offense and I can't really say anything about the status of that investigation except that it's continuing and we'll be careful about not bringing indictments in a way that can be viewed as interfering with the election."

The way I see it the only way to "not interfere" in the election is to do nothing.

Evidently, you dont believe he's the liar you told us he is.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Durham said that months ago.

The monkey wrench is that if Biden gets elected, none of it will ever see the light day.

I remember when he said that and I couldn't believe it when he said it. The Democrats would be going balls to the wall if they any actual evidence of the Republicans doing anything that even looks like it might be illegal. All Washington politicians must dirt on all the other politicians. Somebody must have something on Barr and Durham and it doesn't even have to be illegal. It could just be something that would humiliate them if made public.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go

When you say something like that, you ruin any credibility you may have built up. I understand your frustration and disappointment, which I share, but that is a ridiculous statement.

Prove me wrong.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Evidently, you dont believe he's the liar you told us he is.

How so?

And I thought I was on ignore for the 37th time.

Put me on ignore and keep me there, please.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go

Prove me wrong.

No. You prove me wrong. You're just like the atheists in the religion threads, you think you have the sole authority to demand proof. I'm not playing your game. You posted an idiotic statement of opinion, I called you on it with my opinion; I don't have to prove anything to you.

Overall, you usually make excellent points and so far your take that nothing is going to happen to the Deep Staters appears to be correct. There's no need for you to blow your credibility by making such an outlandish statement about AG Barr.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

BS. If it were true, Stevie Wonder would have already known about that.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
644 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 1lessdog, 68 invisible), 2,806 guests, and 1,387 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,655
Posts18,399,237
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.