Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Our COVID numbers are pretty low considering.

BTW, I didn’t vote for Lamont nor do I drink the cool aid. I’ve been a registered Independent for 50 years. Leadership is well defined. Some are leaders others are not but are in positions of leadership. Each of us defines who we think is doing a good job or not.

I side with the science, the doctors, those doctors and nurses I know who are on the front lines, some had it and recovered.

I am not a fan of Pelosi, AOC, or the other progressives - the bottom line is the present slate on both aisles the best this country has to offer? If Pence ran, I’d vote for him. Enough said.

Back to the outdoors.

Last edited by abbydog; 09/17/20.
GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by Lorne
Originally Posted by Heym06
Not that I don't like Canadians, but if none came here, we sure wouldn't miss them! Good for goose , good for Gander!

I’ll tell my grandson, he and several colleagues are going to Oregon tomorrow to fight fire. His employer volunteered them, is paying costs, etc.

I'm sure that there will be lots of good folk in Oregon that will be glad to see those CDNs arrive to help out.

Originally Posted by Heym06
Not that I don't like Canadians, but if none came here, we sure wouldn't miss them! Good for goose , good for Gander!

There is no goose & gander. As mentioned earlier in the thread, our own gov't has restricted our travel south with measures in place to limit it.

That's a shame you feel that way about those who visit. On a normal year we have lots of Americans here every summer and they are more than welcome.

Supercub

Thanks , they left this morning , bound for Redmond (not sure where to from there ) . Four from this specific area I understand others from other locations as well.

Just so its very clear , the US government (not Canadian) has shut down ground travel into the US by , except for essential traffic

All the best

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell

Then what you have to do is provide credible sources to support your position. laugh

The CDC website stated 153,504 related COVID deaths between March and August, but only 6% of those were solely from COVID, ergo 9,210 people died from COVID alone in a country of 350,000,000+. Which is .000026% of the country died over 5 months from an engineered flu. Please attempt to be more smug because you suck at it.

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Okay, I'll try to be more smug. This is from the CDC website. Try to be more accurate because you suck at it. smile

USA
TOTAL CASES
+41,464 Cases since yesterday
CDC | Updated: Sep 17 2020 12:17PM
USA
TOTAL DEATHS
+1,224 Deaths since yesterday
USA
Cases in Last 7 Days

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#cases_totalcases

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I've Canadian friends. Interacted with dozens and dozens more. Very close friend with a dual citizenship wife. Very, very high percentage that I've know from Saskatchewan and Alberta were grade A good folks.

Other than dietary and occasional oddities you'd never know they weren't from the Dakotas or Montana. Not that that's a benchmark, but just giving context.

Redgwell exemplifies the stereotype of the arrogant know-nothing commonwealth effete. His type are why you guys have Trudeau et al.

MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
Okay, I'll try to be more smug. This is from the CDC website. Try to be more accurate because you suck at it. smile

USA
TOTAL CASES
+41,464 Cases since yesterday
USA
TOTAL DEATHS
+1,224 Deaths since yesterday
USA
Cases in Last 7 Days

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#cases_totalcases

So total deaths of COVID Alone with your updated numbers (196277 * .06 = 11776)

~11,776 people died from COVID alone to date... in a country of 350+ Million. Only someone who is inept at math can act as smug as you.

"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
You can call me Steve.

There's nothing I can do to help with the CDC stats. It's pointless to be angry with me, but if you need someone to vent on, be my guest.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
You can call me Steve.

There's nothing I can do to help with the CDC stats. It's pointless to be angry with me, but if you need someone to vent on, be my guest.

Steve,

I'm not 'angry', but I detest your elitist attitude you used with a previous poster. To reiterate...I used CDC's own numbers where they admitted in late August only ~6% of the ~153K total deaths of those who had COVID, ONLY had COVID. They have since hidden/removed that chart, but we can obviously apply that to their 196K number today.... so shutting down the world's largest economy for 12,000 people is reasonable to you..?

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by BALLISTIK

Steve,

I'm not 'angry', but I detest your elitist attitude you used with a previous poster. To reiterate...I used CDC's own numbers where they admitted in late August only ~6% of the ~153K total deaths of those who had COVID, ONLY had COVID. They have since hidden/removed that chart, but we can obviously apply that to their 196K number today.... so shutting down the world's largest economy for 12,000 people is reasonable to you..?

It wasn't elitist. I returned fire.

If the CDC said that only 6% of the 153,000 deaths were COVID related, but the 6% figure has been removed, then why would I include it? I didn't see it anywhere. The only thing I saw is what they posted. Does anyone have a creditable source that can support the figure?

Edited to add: This is what I found, looking for the 6% figure. https://www.factcheck.org/2020/09/cdc-did-not-admit-only-6-of-recorded-deaths-from-covid-19/

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention hasn’t drastically reduced the number of deaths attributable to COVID-19, but posts making that bogus claim have been circulating widely — with the help of President Donald Trump, who retweeted one such claim on Aug. 30.

Twitter has since removed the original tweet, which came from an account dedicated to the pro-Trump conspiracy theory QAnon. But the claim is still readily available on all the major social media platforms. In fact, the same QAnon account that posted the now-deleted tweet includes a screenshot version featuring the president’s retweet.

The post Trump highlighted said: “This week the CDC quietly updated the Covid number to admit that only 6% of all the 153,504 deaths recorded actually died from Covid. That’s 9,210 deaths. The other 94% had 2 to 3 other serious illnesses and the overwhelming majority were of very advanced age.”

But that’s not what the CDC information says.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular

Steve,

It wasn't elitist. I returned fire.

If the CDC said that only 6% of the 153,000 deaths were COVID related, but the 6% figure has been removed, then why would I include it? I didn't see it anywhere. The only thing I see is what they posted. Does anyone have a creditable source that can support the figure?

Edited to add: This is what I found, looking for the 6% figure. https://www.factcheck.org/2020/09/cdc-did-not-admit-only-6-of-recorded-deaths-from-covid-19/

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention hasn’t drastically reduced the number of deaths attributable to COVID-19, but posts making that bogus claim have been circulating widely — with the help of President Donald Trump, who retweeted one such claim on Aug. 30.

Twitter has since removed the original tweet, which came from an account dedicated to the pro-Trump conspiracy theory QAnon. But the claim is still readily available on all the major social media platforms. In fact, the same QAnon account that posted the now-deleted tweet includes a screenshot version featuring the president’s retweet.

The post Trump highlighted said: “This week the CDC quietly updated the Covid number to admit that only 6% of all the 153,504 deaths recorded actually died from Covid. That’s 9,210 deaths. The other 94% had 2 to 3 other serious illnesses and the overwhelming majority were of very advanced age.”

But that’s not what the CDC information says.

I was hoping you would use that link... laugh Now from that link alone, read this...

"For the week referenced in the claim, the CDC explained that the chart “shows the types of health conditions and contributing causes mentioned in conjunction with deaths involving coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned.”

That means that 6% of those who died with COVID-19 through Aug. 15 didn’t have any other reported conditions."

So again, that means that only 6% of those who died ONLY HAD COVID. Meaning the other 94% had OTHER HEALTH ISSUES.

Luckily I found the copy of the CDC website to support it. It states, and I quote "For 6% of the deaths, COVID was the ONLY CAUSE mentioned. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID, on average, there were 2.6 ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS or CAUSES PER DEATH."

[img]https://ibb.co/vckVfNL[/img]
https://ibb.co/vckVfNL
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Ok, I do not know what that link is, but I have to ask, why was it removed?

Was it removed because the statement was incorrect, or are you suggesting something else?

Farther down in the same article, this is written.

The following morning, Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, clarified what the CDC data mean.

He noted that the 6% figure includes cases where COVID-19 was listed as the only cause of death. “That does not mean that someone who has hypertension or diabetes who dies of Covid didn’t die of Covid-19. They did,” Fauci said on ABC’s “Good Morning America.”

“So the numbers you’ve been hearing — the 180,000-plus deaths — are real deaths from Covid-19. Let [there] not be any confusion about that,” Fauci said.

Other versions of the claim are misleading, rather than being strictly false. One example is a headline on the conservative outlet Gateway Pundit, which announced: “This Week CDC Quietly Updated COVID-19 Numbers – Only 9,210 Americans Died From COVID-19 Alone – Rest Had Different Other Serious Illnesses.”

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
Here's the archive of the CDC page...

https://web.archive.org/web/20200817174827/https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm#Comorbidities

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Ok, but I am going to side with Dr. Fauci. I believe the figure was removed because it was misleading.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
Ok, but I am going to side with Dr. Fauci. I believe the figure was removed because it was misleading.

It was removed because it shows the truth, and they didn't want to allow their facade to collapse. Only 6% of those who are listed as dying from COVID died from COVID ALONE. Let me attempt to create an analogy...

If a man has a heart attack from decades of obesity and falls upon the metro station's tracks, and he is rendered by the incoming train would you honestly consider that a death that should be attributed to the danger of mass public transit?

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
I've Canadian friends. Interacted with dozens and dozens more. Very close friend with a dual citizenship wife. Very, very high percentage that I've know from Saskatchewan and Alberta were grade A good folks.

Other than dietary and occasional oddities you'd never know they weren't from the Dakotas or Montana. Not that that's a benchmark, but just giving context.

Redgwell exemplifies the stereotype of the arrogant know-nothing commonwealth effete. His type are why you guys have Trudeau et al.

Having lived in Calgary for just shy of five years and managing an oil sands expansion project in Ft. Saskatewan I would have to agree.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S

It was removed because it shows the truth, and they didn't want to allow their facade to collapse. Only 6% of those who are listed as dying from COVID died from COVID ALONE. Let me attempt to create an analogy...

If a man has a heart attack from decades of obesity and falls upon the metro station's tracks, and he is rendered by the incoming train would you honestly consider that a death that should be attributed to the danger of mass public transit?

I understand what you are saying, but as was stated in the article, COVID-19 exacerbated the conditions. It weakened them. Had they not contracted COVID-19, those individuals would still be alive.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
I understand what you are saying, but as was stated in the article, COVID-19 exacerbated the conditions. It weakened them. Had they not contracted COVID-19, those individuals would still be alive.

Those people ON AVERAGE, per the CDC, had 2.6 other health issues... and the average age was 75+, so at that point nearly ANYTHING could take them down. The point being is that this whole charade is exactly that, a dystopian play to instill fear in the masses and allow .gov to encroach ever more against Liberty. Sadly, most have swallowed it hook, line and sinker.

Have a good night Steve.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
You too.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There is no reason to lie, both sides preach from the same book, so there is no political advantage.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter

Some of you here know me or know "of" me. My wife and I BOTH love Canada dearly. We have a deep respect for the country. BUT, we are both in our mid 70's, BOTH is good health, NO underlying conditions. We are ALL going to die of something, but in my case it is NOT going to be fear. We personally know of no one that has tested positive, or anyone that has Covid, the China flu. My sister in law and been institutionalized for over 10 (TEN) years for Alzheimers and died recently. Her death was listed as covid19. TOTAL BS. I work in a building that housed well over 400 people. There have been about a dozen or so here since March. I have not missed and hour of work this whole time. The fear factor is unbelievable.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (10Glocks, 160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 02bfishn, 64 invisible), 2,440 guests, and 1,363 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,228
Posts18,466,602
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.