Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
It's a 'I hate to say I told you so' story, but to reiterate, Canada has extended the closures in small amounts to keep the US from becoming too angry. We will keep the border closed because of the number of cases in the US.

Canada to keep border with U.S. closed until at least Oct. 21, says source

Source says Canadians should expect border to remain closed for longer
Katie Simpson, Peter Zimonjic · CBC News · Posted: Sep 15, 2020 7:35 PM ET

The federal government will extend the Canada-U.S. land border closure for another 30 days until Oct. 21, CBC News has learned.

A source with direct knowledge of the situation, who spoke to CBC on the condition they not be named, said Canadians should expect the possibility the border will remain closed for longer.

The source told CBC News that the federal government is waiting to see evidence that the COVID-19 pandemic in the United States is being managed efficiently before the government considers opening up non-essential travel between the two countries.

The border has been closed to non-essential travel for months. With caseloads still high in many U.S. states, the two governments have mutually agreed to continue restricting movement across the world's longest international border.

The closure has resulted in a dramatic drop in traffic between the two countries, although essential workers — such as truck drivers and health-care professionals — are still able to cross by land. Canadians are still able to fly to U.S. destinations.

In June a man travelling from Alaska to the continental United States was charged with violating Canada's Quarantine Act. He was accused of twice failing to follow COVID-19 public safety rules while in Banff.

If he's found to have violated a quarantine order, he could be fined up to $750,000 or sentenced to six months in jail.

U.S. travellers are barred from driving through national parks, leisure sites and tourism locations and receive a hang tag for their rear-view mirror indicating the date they must depart Canada.

However, some Banff residents have started calling the rule the "Alaska loophole" after spotting American plates around the Alberta tourism hotspot.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-us-border-closure-extended-1.5725589

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Maybe the U.S. should adopt the same policies toward Canadians.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
They could, but it would be seen as retaliatory. Given the large difference in the numbers of COVID cases between the two countries, there haven't been any too many objections. It is what it is.

https://health-infobase.canada.ca/covid-19/international/

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Its complete insanity. Ive been working on a road job the last few weeks and we are getting car loads of asians coming through the territory. Many cant even speak english, but they have BC plates ( rentals) so they are allowed in.

Private business owners are getting fed up and from what Im hearing both the Territorial and Federal governments are going to pay for this nonsense in the next elections.

Anyone with an IQ 2 points above plant life should be able to figure out that the spike in numbers in the US is directly related to the number of tests they are doing. Canada has far more cases than most realize, they just aren't testing nearly as many people.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Maybe the U.S. should adopt the same policies toward Canadians.

The US does not have to do that. We are already restricted from travel there by our own gov'ts here in the east by a mandatory 14day self isolation before we can go back into public places and / or work. Long story short is that we do not want to travel anywhere, south included.

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
The leadership in the U.S. has not been great when it comes to the pandemic. In the New England states the governor’s got it right, although painful for many in various businesses.
Taxes have only one way to go after all the stimulus by the Fed’s, regardless who gets elected.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
We rescheduled our moose trip to NF, hopefully next year will be better.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Sigh, I'll be busy helping get the crops in. Ontario fishing is about over this year.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Not that I don't like Canadians, but if none came here, we sure wouldn't miss them! Good for goose , good for Gander!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by abbydog
The leadership in the U.S. has not been great when it comes to the pandemic. In the New England states the governor’s got it right, although painful for many in various businesses.
Taxes have only one way to go after all the stimulus by the Fed’s, regardless who gets elected.

New England isn't representative of the entire U.S., 14.8M people living in 72K square miles, with 77% of those people living in 24% of the space that is represented by CT, MA, and RI.

In contrasts, Neberaska has 1.9M people in 77K Square miles.

The point being that a good choice in a densely populated area may be excessively restrictive for a thinly populated area.

IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

Cuomo did it right? Lamont did it right?

You are drinking too much of the kool-aid.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
For those who think the Cdn govt has it in for US citizens, why would you think that?

The decision to restrict movement of people back and forth might have officially been okayed by a politician, but the evidence comes from doctors. Don't think for a minute that Trudeau decided this on his own. He has trouble tying his shoes. He uses velcro.

Personally, I have no problem with "being too safe". But my opinion wasn't solicited either.

This data is from yesterday.

The Cdn cases on the left are the actual number of persons who had or presently have COVID-19. 90% of that number have already recovered. The x10 number to the right is for anyone who might say, but Canada's population is 10% of the US. So I multiplied by 10.

Cdn Cases
139K - Raw nos. Canada has 2% of the sickness rate of the US - x10 = 1.39M (adjusted - approx. 5 times fewer cases than the US)

Deaths
9,188 - Raw nos. Canada has less than 5% of the deaths - x 10 = 91,880 Raw nos. (adjusted - Canada has experienced less than half of the deaths)
--

US Cases
6.61M

Deaths

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
For those who think the Cdn govt has it in for US citizens, why would you think that?

The decision to restrict movement of people back and forth might have officially been okayed by a politician, but the evidence comes from doctors. Don't think for a minute that Trudeau decided this on his own. He has trouble tying his shoes. He uses velcro.

Personally, I have no problem with "being too safe". But my opinion wasn't solicited either.

This data is from yesterday.

The Cdn cases on the left are the actual number of persons who had or presently have COVID-19. 90% of that number have already recovered. The x10 number to the right is for anyone who might say, but Canada's population is 10% of the US. So I multiplied by 10.

Cdn Cases
139K - Raw nos. Canada has 2% of the sickness rate of the US - x10 = 1.39M (adjusted - approx. 5 times fewer cases than the US)

Deaths
9,188 - Canada has less than 5% of the deaths - x 10 = 91,880 Raw nos. (adjusted - Canada has experienced less than half of the deaths)
--

US Cases
6.61M

Deaths

That ^ is true only if you believe the official numbers. Some very credible sources put the actual covid deaths in the US at 6% of the official numbers you cite. Right from the beginning it was apparent that this mess was ripe for inflated numbers. Hospitals in the US were getting something like 13k for every single covid patient that walked in the door. The price went up if they actually had to do anything.

My opinion wasn't solicited either, but its pretty hard to deny the real numbers that are coming out now. The average age of those who have actually died from covid is 79. Last time I looked at the stats of my home state of California there had been something like 9000 deaths..... out of roughly 40 million people. ( Canada has about 37 million so the numbers are close) Break it all down and you have a much greater chance of getting killed on your way to work than you do from covid.

I dont know about the CND government having it "in" for Americans, but I can tell you this first hand, American travellers have been treated like dirt by Yukon and BC residents. Its made the papers here. Ive been staying at one of the few "designated" hotels right here in Whitehorse for work the last few weeks where Americans are "allowed" to overnight on their way through the Territory. Ive seen it more than once myself. Makes you wonder if those people or anyone they talk to will ever want to come back, to hunt, fish or anything else. I wouldn't.

We've "played it safe" long enough. Lets get back to business while we still have a chance to dig ourselves out of the hole we are in. If you're worried about getting sick, stay home.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by yukon254
That ^ is true only if you believe the official numbers. Some very credible sources put the actual covid deaths in the US at 6% of the official numbers you cite

Then what you have to do is provide credible sources to support your position. laugh

This is from the US today, and indicates 6.64 million cases and 196,000 deaths.

More Stats

CTV News

Here are some conspiracy theories to add to your list.

Conspiracy Theories

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I am thinking that the deferral of my 16 day goat, moose and elk hunt out of Toad River BC to 2021 might be great with little to no hunting in the area this year. The outfitter hinted early on and has now requested a bit more deposit prior to the hunt and I have zero issues with that.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Heym06
Not that I don't like Canadians, but if none came here, we sure wouldn't miss them! Good for goose , good for Gander!

I’ll tell my grandson, he and several colleagues are going to Oregon tomorrow to fight fire. His employer volunteered them, is paying costs, etc.

Probably just as happy to stay here

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
And another FYI....land border to the US , from Canada, is closed to Canadians and has been since March

Except for ‘essential services ‘

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Lorne;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the day was a good one for you and this finds you well.

If you're in touch with your grandson, let him know there's lots of folks here in BC wishing them well in their endeavors for sure.

We're within a half hour of the US border here and know or better said knew a few folks in the forest fire fighting business. Whenever possible they'll go stateside and help out if asked to do so.

It's my understanding the Canuck crews are typically quite good at what they do, which makes sense as they've had a metric ton of interface fire practice here in BC in the last few years.

Anyways, for a lot of us rural mountain and bush dwellers, the fire fighters have a special spot in our prayers.

All the best to you all this fall sir.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Lorne;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the day was a good one for you and this finds you well.

If you're in touch with your grandson, let him know there's lots of folks here in BC wishing them well in their endeavors for sure.

We're within a half hour of the US border here and know or better said knew a few folks in the forest fire fighting business. Whenever possible they'll go stateside and help out if asked to do so.

It's my understanding the Canuck crews are typically quite good at what they do, which makes sense as they've had a metric ton of interface fire practice here in BC in the last few years.

Anyways, for a lot of us rural mountain and bush dwellers, the fire fighters have a special spot in our prayers.

All the best to you all this fall sir.

Dwayne

Dwayne

Always good to hear from you. Hopeful that the world is treating you and yours well.

Every day is a good one , today I had the pleasure of helping my brother move some cattle after work. I find myself enjoying that type of thing more all the time although I have to be a little more careful as my reflexes are slower each year 😉

Will be happy to do so , he is going to let me know where in Oregon their destination is later this evening.

We too are within 25 miles, as the crow flies, from the Montana border and have much in common with our neighbors across the 49th. This dry prairie country has limited brush but , when the occasion arises, the firefighters are quite welcome 👍 sight.

Thanks again for the thoughts

All the best to you and yours this fall season

Lorne

Last edited by Lorne; 09/16/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Lorne

I’ll tell my grandson, he and several colleagues are going to Oregon tomorrow to fight fire. His employer volunteered them, is paying costs, etc.

I'm sure that there will be lots of good folk in Oregon that will be glad to see those CDNs arrive to help out.

There is no goose & gander. As mentioned earlier in the thread, our own gov't has restricted our travel south with measures in place to limit it.

That's a shame you feel that way about those who visit. On a normal year we have lots of Americans here every summer and they are more than welcome.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Our COVID numbers are pretty low considering.

BTW, I didn’t vote for Lamont nor do I drink the cool aid. I’ve been a registered Independent for 50 years. Leadership is well defined. Some are leaders others are not but are in positions of leadership. Each of us defines who we think is doing a good job or not.

I side with the science, the doctors, those doctors and nurses I know who are on the front lines, some had it and recovered.

I am not a fan of Pelosi, AOC, or the other progressives - the bottom line is the present slate on both aisles the best this country has to offer? If Pence ran, I’d vote for him. Enough said.

Back to the outdoors.

Last edited by abbydog; 09/17/20.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by SuperCub

I'm sure that there will be lots of good folk in Oregon that will be glad to see those CDNs arrive to help out.

There is no goose & gander. As mentioned earlier in the thread, our own gov't has restricted our travel south with measures in place to limit it.

That's a shame you feel that way about those who visit. On a normal year we have lots of Americans here every summer and they are more than welcome.

Supercub

Thanks , they left this morning , bound for Redmond (not sure where to from there ) . Four from this specific area I understand others from other locations as well.

Just so its very clear , the US government (not Canadian) has shut down ground travel into the US by , except for essential traffic

All the best

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular

Then what you have to do is provide credible sources to support your position. laugh

The CDC website stated 153,504 related COVID deaths between March and August, but only 6% of those were solely from COVID, ergo 9,210 people died from COVID alone in a country of 350,000,000+. Which is .000026% of the country died over 5 months from an engineered flu. Please attempt to be more smug because you suck at it.

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Okay, I'll try to be more smug. This is from the CDC website. Try to be more accurate because you suck at it. smile

USA
TOTAL CASES
+41,464 Cases since yesterday
CDC | Updated: Sep 17 2020 12:17PM
USA
TOTAL DEATHS
+1,224 Deaths since yesterday
USA
Cases in Last 7 Days

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#cases_totalcases

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I've Canadian friends. Interacted with dozens and dozens more. Very close friend with a dual citizenship wife. Very, very high percentage that I've know from Saskatchewan and Alberta were grade A good folks.

Other than dietary and occasional oddities you'd never know they weren't from the Dakotas or Montana. Not that that's a benchmark, but just giving context.

Redgwell exemplifies the stereotype of the arrogant know-nothing commonwealth effete. His type are why you guys have Trudeau et al.

MAGA
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
Okay, I'll try to be more smug. This is from the CDC website. Try to be more accurate because you suck at it. smile

USA
TOTAL CASES
+41,464 Cases since yesterday
USA
TOTAL DEATHS
+1,224 Deaths since yesterday
USA
Cases in Last 7 Days

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#cases_totalcases

So total deaths of COVID Alone with your updated numbers (196277 * .06 = 11776)

~11,776 people died from COVID alone to date... in a country of 350+ Million. Only someone who is inept at math can act as smug as you.

"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
You can call me Steve.

There's nothing I can do to help with the CDC stats. It's pointless to be angry with me, but if you need someone to vent on, be my guest.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
You can call me Steve.

There's nothing I can do to help with the CDC stats. It's pointless to be angry with me, but if you need someone to vent on, be my guest.

Steve,

I'm not 'angry', but I detest your elitist attitude you used with a previous poster. To reiterate...I used CDC's own numbers where they admitted in late August only ~6% of the ~153K total deaths of those who had COVID, ONLY had COVID. They have since hidden/removed that chart, but we can obviously apply that to their 196K number today.... so shutting down the world's largest economy for 12,000 people is reasonable to you..?

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by BALLISTIK

Steve,

I'm not 'angry', but I detest your elitist attitude you used with a previous poster. To reiterate...I used CDC's own numbers where they admitted in late August only ~6% of the ~153K total deaths of those who had COVID, ONLY had COVID. They have since hidden/removed that chart, but we can obviously apply that to their 196K number today.... so shutting down the world's largest economy for 12,000 people is reasonable to you..?

It wasn't elitist. I returned fire.

If the CDC said that only 6% of the 153,000 deaths were COVID related, but the 6% figure has been removed, then why would I include it? I didn't see it anywhere. The only thing I saw is what they posted. Does anyone have a creditable source that can support the figure?

Edited to add: This is what I found, looking for the 6% figure. https://www.factcheck.org/2020/09/cdc-did-not-admit-only-6-of-recorded-deaths-from-covid-19/

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention hasn’t drastically reduced the number of deaths attributable to COVID-19, but posts making that bogus claim have been circulating widely — with the help of President Donald Trump, who retweeted one such claim on Aug. 30.

Twitter has since removed the original tweet, which came from an account dedicated to the pro-Trump conspiracy theory QAnon. But the claim is still readily available on all the major social media platforms. In fact, the same QAnon account that posted the now-deleted tweet includes a screenshot version featuring the president’s retweet.

The post Trump highlighted said: “This week the CDC quietly updated the Covid number to admit that only 6% of all the 153,504 deaths recorded actually died from Covid. That’s 9,210 deaths. The other 94% had 2 to 3 other serious illnesses and the overwhelming majority were of very advanced age.”

But that’s not what the CDC information says.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular

Steve,

It wasn't elitist. I returned fire.

If the CDC said that only 6% of the 153,000 deaths were COVID related, but the 6% figure has been removed, then why would I include it? I didn't see it anywhere. The only thing I see is what they posted. Does anyone have a creditable source that can support the figure?

Edited to add: This is what I found, looking for the 6% figure. https://www.factcheck.org/2020/09/cdc-did-not-admit-only-6-of-recorded-deaths-from-covid-19/

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention hasn’t drastically reduced the number of deaths attributable to COVID-19, but posts making that bogus claim have been circulating widely — with the help of President Donald Trump, who retweeted one such claim on Aug. 30.

Twitter has since removed the original tweet, which came from an account dedicated to the pro-Trump conspiracy theory QAnon. But the claim is still readily available on all the major social media platforms. In fact, the same QAnon account that posted the now-deleted tweet includes a screenshot version featuring the president’s retweet.

The post Trump highlighted said: “This week the CDC quietly updated the Covid number to admit that only 6% of all the 153,504 deaths recorded actually died from Covid. That’s 9,210 deaths. The other 94% had 2 to 3 other serious illnesses and the overwhelming majority were of very advanced age.”

But that’s not what the CDC information says.

I was hoping you would use that link... laugh Now from that link alone, read this...

"For the week referenced in the claim, the CDC explained that the chart “shows the types of health conditions and contributing causes mentioned in conjunction with deaths involving coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned.”

That means that 6% of those who died with COVID-19 through Aug. 15 didn’t have any other reported conditions."

So again, that means that only 6% of those who died ONLY HAD COVID. Meaning the other 94% had OTHER HEALTH ISSUES.

Luckily I found the copy of the CDC website to support it. It states, and I quote "For 6% of the deaths, COVID was the ONLY CAUSE mentioned. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID, on average, there were 2.6 ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS or CAUSES PER DEATH."

[img]https://ibb.co/vckVfNL[/img]
https://ibb.co/vckVfNL
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Ok, I do not know what that link is, but I have to ask, why was it removed?

Was it removed because the statement was incorrect, or are you suggesting something else?

Farther down in the same article, this is written.

The following morning, Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, clarified what the CDC data mean.

He noted that the 6% figure includes cases where COVID-19 was listed as the only cause of death. “That does not mean that someone who has hypertension or diabetes who dies of Covid didn’t die of Covid-19. They did,” Fauci said on ABC’s “Good Morning America.”

“So the numbers you’ve been hearing — the 180,000-plus deaths — are real deaths from Covid-19. Let [there] not be any confusion about that,” Fauci said.

Other versions of the claim are misleading, rather than being strictly false. One example is a headline on the conservative outlet Gateway Pundit, which announced: “This Week CDC Quietly Updated COVID-19 Numbers – Only 9,210 Americans Died From COVID-19 Alone – Rest Had Different Other Serious Illnesses.”

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
Here's the archive of the CDC page...

https://web.archive.org/web/20200817174827/https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm#Comorbidities

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Ok, but I am going to side with Dr. Fauci. I believe the figure was removed because it was misleading.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
Ok, but I am going to side with Dr. Fauci. I believe the figure was removed because it was misleading.

It was removed because it shows the truth, and they didn't want to allow their facade to collapse. Only 6% of those who are listed as dying from COVID died from COVID ALONE. Let me attempt to create an analogy...

If a man has a heart attack from decades of obesity and falls upon the metro station's tracks, and he is rendered by the incoming train would you honestly consider that a death that should be attributed to the danger of mass public transit?

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
I've Canadian friends. Interacted with dozens and dozens more. Very close friend with a dual citizenship wife. Very, very high percentage that I've know from Saskatchewan and Alberta were grade A good folks.

Other than dietary and occasional oddities you'd never know they weren't from the Dakotas or Montana. Not that that's a benchmark, but just giving context.

Redgwell exemplifies the stereotype of the arrogant know-nothing commonwealth effete. His type are why you guys have Trudeau et al.

Having lived in Calgary for just shy of five years and managing an oil sands expansion project in Ft. Saskatewan I would have to agree.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S

It was removed because it shows the truth, and they didn't want to allow their facade to collapse. Only 6% of those who are listed as dying from COVID died from COVID ALONE. Let me attempt to create an analogy...

If a man has a heart attack from decades of obesity and falls upon the metro station's tracks, and he is rendered by the incoming train would you honestly consider that a death that should be attributed to the danger of mass public transit?

I understand what you are saying, but as was stated in the article, COVID-19 exacerbated the conditions. It weakened them. Had they not contracted COVID-19, those individuals would still be alive.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
I understand what you are saying, but as was stated in the article, COVID-19 exacerbated the conditions. It weakened them. Had they not contracted COVID-19, those individuals would still be alive.

Those people ON AVERAGE, per the CDC, had 2.6 other health issues... and the average age was 75+, so at that point nearly ANYTHING could take them down. The point being is that this whole charade is exactly that, a dystopian play to instill fear in the masses and allow .gov to encroach ever more against Liberty. Sadly, most have swallowed it hook, line and sinker.

Have a good night Steve.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
You too.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There is no reason to lie, both sides preach from the same book, so there is no political advantage.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Some of you here know me or know "of" me. My wife and I BOTH love Canada dearly. We have a deep respect for the country. BUT, we are both in our mid 70's, BOTH is good health, NO underlying conditions. We are ALL going to die of something, but in my case it is NOT going to be fear. We personally know of no one that has tested positive, or anyone that has Covid, the China flu. My sister in law and been institutionalized for over 10 (TEN) years for Alzheimers and died recently. Her death was listed as covid19. TOTAL BS. I work in a building that housed well over 400 people. There have been about a dozen or so here since March. I have not missed and hour of work this whole time. The fear factor is unbelievable.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Longbeardking,

We had a family conversation re: Covid noted on death certificates when people have other issues going on. My brother in law ( a hospital administrator) was explaining to us at dinner one night because his brother had the same issue - it’s bs.
Tom noted that when people die and they have various health issues, it’s the cascading decline due to all of those factors and they are listed. In the past 20 months I have seen 16 client death certificates and all had multiple reasons that contributed to death. One 93 year old it was listed as Covid and several other issues. She contracted it in the nursing home.
If they didn’t have Covid, some certainly would have lived longer, a relative term when one is pretty sick.
Bottom line it’s listed as one of the causes on the DC and tabulated.
My feelings about wearing a mask ( I have one daughter that’s a nurse, the other a Physical Therapist) is it helps, bottom line. That being said I would tell the anti maskers and don’t stomp on my personal freedom folks is simple, don’t clog the hospitals if you contract the VID.
I’m disappointed that we can’t go to NF moose hunting this year.
And I agree the fear factor is huge, but that being said I spoke to a two doctor clientsoif mine that got it. Him from visits to the nursing home, her from him! He was in the hospital for months, then rehab and is now home slowly recovering. He was a healthy 75 year old, her 66 yo and diabetic. It affects everyone differently and we cant’ take our health for granted. She told me if she got it as bad as her husband, she would have died from it.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
We all need to be safe and respect each other’s space so we can continue to enjoy the things we all like to do!!!

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I miss visiting with friends more than fishing.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I miss visiting with friends more than fishing.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by Longbeardking

Some of you here know me or know "of" me. My wife and I BOTH love Canada dearly. We have a deep respect for the country. BUT, we are both in our mid 70's, BOTH is good health, NO underlying conditions. We are ALL going to die of something, but in my case it is NOT going to be fear. We personally know of no one that has tested positive, or anyone that has Covid, the China flu. My sister in law and been institutionalized for over 10 (TEN) years for Alzheimers and died recently. Her death was listed as covid19. TOTAL BS. I work in a building that housed well over 400 people. There have been about a dozen or so here since March. I have not missed and hour of work this whole time. The fear factor is unbelievable.

Old school character Longbeardking. To bad it isn't more common these days. People are scared to death of everything. I just dont get it. Glad to hear you kept your life normal. Ive been working on a highway project the last few weeks and Ive seen entire families go by in cars all wearing masks....Im not kidding, and the project was in the middle of nowhere, hundreds of kilometres from the nearest town. Shows you how far gone common sense really is. Anyone who thinks a mask is in any way going to keep them from getting covid ( or anything else) in the close confines of a car isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

On our ambulance crew we havent worn masks since this started. Saw a doctor on the news the other night talking about how ridiculous the notion is that they will prevent one from getting covid; especially the cloth masks that the vast majority of people are wearing.

I live in an area with a lot of retired folks. My wife works on the ambulance with me and does home care when we are not in the bush running our lodge. The fact is that even the common cold can and does weaken the elderly to the point they end up in the hospital, and sometimes they dont survive. Im sure covid has the same effect, but that doesn't mean we should shut down the entire economy. Other common sense measures that we have been practicing for decades still work just fine.

We are losing our liberty and freedom at an alarming rate, and its amazing how so many people can be duped into going along with it.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
yukon254;
Good morning to you sir, I hope the day's a tad brighter/less smoky for you folks up north and all else is as it needs to be with you and yours.

When this entire beer flu thing started out, I - being what my wife calls a "data miner" - searched the net for what places like South Korea and Taiwan did, as they seemed to get a very fast handle on it.

There was a youtube channel which I believe was "Asian Boss" where the interviewer was talking to the lead virologist in South Korea about masks. Now to give background, this was at the time where the US Surgeon General and our own Dr. Tam were saying masks would not work with this virus.

In very kind and careful words, the Korean doctor said that if masks, properly worn, did not reduce incidents of spreading bacteria, it was news to him as that was precisely why the entire medical community had done it for years - well nearly a century I guess.

Then of course later the spokesfolks for the powers that be flipped and flopped a couple times on the subject of masks.

My personal issue with it is this - if they'll intentionally mislead us about something as straightforward as using a filter, then truly is not the sky the limit for them?

So for several reasons then, I'm not an "anti-masker" in that it might could work and I very much believe in being a grey man in times such as these as it's proven to be prudent for me to do so more than once. Before leaving this topic, no I do not believe I shall perish from beer flu - but - as an unusually healthy guy for most of my life, I'd be the poster child to have it and perhaps spread it unknowingly to very elderly friends and neighbors that I'm in weekly contact with.

None of this is to imply that I disagree one tiny iota with your concern that we've already lost and are continuing to lose our personal freedoms. Honestly it started - to my way of thinking - shortly after 9/11 and has continued at what you've aptly termed an alarming rate.

Lastly, I was absolutely dismayed to read that BC residents were not being good hosts to visitors from anywhere, for sure from our neighbors across the medicine line.

In my view, the media as a whole in Canada tends to be so anti-US anything that it's difficult to get a clear picture on anything stateside from them. I've pretty much stopped watching television, but will listen to the local valley news from the Kelowna station once in awhile and even they are affected by the bias. This is nettlesome and not constructive to say the least, you know?

All the best to you folks this fall.

Dwayne

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I feel that we should do what we can to prevent the spread of COVID, but be sure those measures are truly effective. An N95 mask does just that, filters 95% of the air. That obviously means 5% is not filtered. Would you feel safe being around someone who has COVID, knowing 5% of their exhaled breath is not filtered? I sure wouldn't. If our gas masks in the Marine Corps only filtered 95% of chemical or biological agents, the outcome would certainly be death. I'm no expert, but I also am intelligent to not eat crap just because someone tries to feed it to me.
I also don't put too much stock into someone saying, "I know a doctor who said x y and z about COVID" Not every doctor is qualified to speak on infectious disease control. If every doctor knew everything, there would be no need for specialists, but reality says otherwise.
I have always been treated very well in Saskatchewan, and can't wait to go back. I made good friends with my outfitter and his family. Hopefully, the Lord willing, I'll get to return to the north woods soon. Thanks to those keeping us informed of the current border situation.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's the droplet size. Even most masks will work to a degree.

I joke if I get it, I may not die, I'll only wish I had.

There is a certain amount of difference between caution and fear. When we came apon a sow grizzly and her cubs while hunting, we weren't afraid, but we thought it wise to go the other way.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SuperCub

Supercub

Thanks , they left this morning , bound for Redmond (not sure where to from there ) . Four from this specific area I understand others from other locations as well.

Just so its very clear , the US government (not Canadian) has shut down ground travel into the US by , except for essential traffic

All the best

Lorne;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope the week was a good one for you and this finds you well.

On the shop radio today they said that 207 BC wildfire crew shipped out yesterday night and this morning for Oregon as well.

Even though we're still working on 21 fires currently in BC, we sent them down as it looked like the neighbors could use a hand.

All the best to you this weekend sir.

Dwayne

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
These last few posts have been heartwarming to read. Most of you people show great compassion and common sense. I am under the impression that we all agree on one thing at least. The media is fanning the embers to keep the flames of dishonesty and deceit burning. Stay safe my friends.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Dwayne

Good to hear from you. The week was a good one ( they are all good) and hopefully the same for you.

That is a bunch for sure. Not sure how many left Saskatchewan but my grandson and his crew of 4 went to Cranbrook yesterday and left there this morning for Redmond.

I didn’t realize that you had as many active fires out there . Hopefully these are being well managed and are not having to big of a negative impact on every day life

Exactly, I look at our friends to the south as neighbors with the meaning that my grandfather shared with us .He homesteaded in this area 115 years ago and I understand more each day what he meant

In any event wishes for safety and success to every one of those young men and women

All the best to you this weekend

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WTM45

Cuomo did it right? Lamont did it right?

You are drinking too much of the kool-aid.

Agreed, pure Canuck lunacy.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Dwayne, we have been getting quite a bit of smoke up this way as well. Its cooling off quickly now and that seems to help a bit. Im getting my gear ready to head to the bush tomorrow. The outfitter I guide for once our fishing season is over, ( Ceaser Lake Outfitters) managed to book me a couple of hunts this year. Im looking forward to getting back out and away from all the lunacy.

One thing I have noticed is that I spend so much time in the bush with my fishing, trapping, and guiding that I dont do well with all the craziness as some folks seem too. I just finished up a three week stint with highways. They were doing some new chip seal and needed an EMR. That is the first job I have had in over three decades where I wasn't guiding or working for myself. The crew I was on was a good one, we put in extremely long hours and everyone worked hard, but the political correctness the higher ups was a bit hard to take. Luckily the foreman was able to insulate us from that to a certain extent, otherwise the job would have been unbearable to me.

I agree it all started with 9/11. I know very few who have read the Patriot Act; I have, and I believe it took more freedom from Americans than any other document ever has, and republicans gave us that.

I am still hopeful that I will be able to operate my trapline trips this winter. I guess time will tell. If not I will spend the winter cutting trail and I need to build a new cabin so my time wont go to waste. Hope your fall season is a good one.
Dave

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
When one motorcycle accident victim is listed as having died of Covid, I immediately have to question all stats. When one terminal cancer patient is listed as having died of covid, I have more reason to distrust the stats. The truth is this; we are being fed information which is supportive of a given narrative. We are not given pure facts. We should be told where cases are and the circumstances of transmission. Instead, we are just told to be afraid and wear a mask. In rural BC, most small towns have not and will not see a case of covid-19. Members of these communities could get together for a group hug (though there are few neighbours I would care to hug) and the chance of Covid transmission is zero. Yet government reps want us to wear our masks. Here, we could include the residents of Eureka, Montana in that hug and the effect would probably be the same. The takeaway is, if you do not have covid and your friends and family don't have covid, you don't have to wear a mask, avoid contact, or stand six feet apart.
Our government spokespeople have carefully tried to avoid telling us where cases are, where they originated, or what the circumstances of transmission might have been.
A significant number of covid deaths, in BC, have been in long term care facilities, in the lower mainland. The victims have been older than typical life expectancy. Since these facilities have not been allowing visitors, the conclusion has to be that the virus was brought into the facilities by employees.
Dr. Faucci is on record saying, the wearing of masks is probably of no value. Later, it almost seemed as if he was pressured into saying it was OK to wear a mask and this became the mandatory mask requirements we are seeing in some areas today.
It seems slightly strange that both Canada and the US are disallowing travel across the border, on land but flying in is OK. So, it seems that two people, isolated in a car, are likely to be a threat but the same two people, after wandering through a crowded airport then spending a couple hours on a flying incubator, are just fine. A Canadian who flies to the US will have to self-quarantine when they return. However, the passengers from elsewhere have no such requirement. I would guess that the necessity for supporting the airline industry trumps any health concerns. If they can't make enough money from passengers, governments will just throw them a few million; we can pay for that later. The point is, there is an awful lot of BS being shoveled. Special interests are being looked after while the rest of us pay. GD

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by greydog
When one motorcycle accident victim is listed as having died of Covid, I immediately have to question all stats. When one terminal cancer patient is listed as having died of covid, I have more reason to distrust the stats. The truth is this; we are being fed information which is supportive of a given narrative. We are not given pure facts. We should be told where cases are and the circumstances of transmission. Instead, we are just told to be afraid and wear a mask. In rural BC, most small towns have not and will not see a case of covid-19. Members of these communities could get together for a group hug (though there are few neighbours I would care to hug) and the chance of Covid transmission is zero. Yet government reps want us to wear our masks. Here, we could include the residents of Eureka, Montana in that hug and the effect would probably be the same. The takeaway is, if you do not have covid and your friends and family don't have covid, you don't have to wear a mask, avoid contact, or stand six feet apart.
Our government spokespeople have carefully tried to avoid telling us where cases are, where they originated, or what the circumstances of transmission might have been.
A significant number of covid deaths, in BC, have been in long term care facilities, in the lower mainland. The victims have been older than typical life expectancy. Since these facilities have not been allowing visitors, the conclusion has to be that the virus was brought into the facilities by employees.
Dr. Faucci is on record saying, the wearing of masks is probably of no value. Later, it almost seemed as if he was pressured into saying it was OK to wear a mask and this became the mandatory mask requirements we are seeing in some areas today.
It seems slightly strange that both Canada and the US are disallowing travel across the border, on land but flying in is OK. So, it seems that two people, isolated in a car, are likely to be a threat but the same two people, after wandering through a crowded airport then spending a couple hours on a flying incubator, are just fine. A Canadian who flies to the US will have to self-quarantine when they return. However, the passengers from elsewhere have no such requirement. I would guess that the necessity for supporting the airline industry trumps any health concerns. If they can't make enough money from passengers, governments will just throw them a few million; we can pay for that later. The point is, there is an awful lot of BS being shoveled. Special interests are being looked after while the rest of us pay. GD

WELL said, VERY well said.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
When does the revolution begin?

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Been travelling the Yukon since the border opened up for us BCers,
All I can say is ..craziness has no borders..
See people out on their boats fishing wearing a mask..REALLY... WTF

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
When does the revolution begin?

From what I've seen on the news i think its already begun. They are burning and pillaging cities as we speak. People are being killed. Now that Trump has a chance to place another justice to the bench, things are really going to get ugly....even Canadians are getting involved. A nutcase professor from Waterloo publicly called for the left to "burn it down," if Trump and Mitch try to nominate another justice to the supreme court. To me and others that is terrorist threat plain and simple. The guy should be arrested and charged. One thing is certain, we are as close to a civil war as it gets. Conservatives wont sit idly by much longer. Some have already taken up arms.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That magic word has been spoken. CITIES. Cities have always been the armpit of states. You could put most city people in the middle of a huge farm in the middle of a famine and most would starve to death.

You can see how they perform right now. They know better than to come into the country, because this is what they will face. No joke. MOST of the people I know are just too old to fight, that is why trigger squeeze is so important. We also know enough to dial 811 BEFORE we dig. It's the law. laugh laugh laugh

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

L
L
Ithink i we need to reschedule my trip as that's not a priority for me before

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by lmpmicheal

OK.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by lmpmicheal

OK.

Ed:;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope that the sky is clearer for you if you're still in your northern home and all is well with you and your fine family.

Hopefully I can be forgiven for placing tongue firmly in cheek prior to this response, but the post from our new member reminded me of this somehow.

Now it may, or conversely may not be of interest to anyone, that the second part of the announcement pays homage to this film.

If I was to guess I'd think that was John Milius' doing as he was a bit of a history and I believe firearms enthusiast as well.

Anyways sir, back to our regular programming - even for those behind the lines.... wink

Have a good fall Ed.

Dwayne

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
:-) Thanks Dwayne. We are sitting in a Spokane airport hotel with an early flight back to Texas tomorrow. We thoroughly enjoyed the 4 months up here.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Canadians can not travel to the US either.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Canadians can not travel to the US either.

That's true. With the second wave approaching or already started, depending on where you are, it won't ease much until the end of the year at least.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

I cannot believe members aren't better read on the CDC.

Even today the CDC is still vacillating on the use of masks. Do the masks do any good is the CDC current topic.

The only thing they can agree ones white masks cannot worn after Sept.

A lot has happened to the CDC since it's establishment in '42 to fight malaria.

However, the CDC has widened its work to include addictions, chronic diseases, school health, nutrition, injuries and racial and ethnic approaches to community health , a sign of mission creep and idealogical corruption.

The CDC has spent hundreds of millions of tax dollars for failed prevention efforts, lavish facilities and international junkets, but cannot ever demonstrate it is controlling disease.

Therehave been reports documenting multi- million dollar CDC studies on prevention of gun violence,hoe parents should discipline children,and chronic health health conditions among lesbians gays and bisexual .

All addressed by other agencies.

The money could have been used to prepare for communicable diseases.

Don't quote anything about the CDC unless you want to appear in the same game as they are playing.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I don't know much about the CDC. I tend to trust doctors though about diseases and treatments, prevention, etc. They are credentialed.

Most Canadians get their information from Health Canada. For COVID- 19 info, many people stop by here.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by cisco1

I cannot believe members aren't better read on the CDC.

Even today the CDC is still vacillating on the use of masks. Do the masks do any good is the CDC current topic.

The only thing they can agree ones white masks cannot worn after Sept.

A lot has happened to the CDC since it's establishment in '42 to fight malaria.

However, the CDC has widened its work to include addictions, chronic diseases, school health, nutrition, injuries and racial and ethnic approaches to community health , a sign of mission creep and idealogical corruption.

The CDC has spent hundreds of millions of tax dollars for failed prevention efforts, lavish facilities and international junkets, but cannot ever demonstrate it is controlling disease.

Therehave been reports documenting multi- million dollar CDC studies on prevention of gun violence,hoe parents should discipline children,and chronic health health conditions among lesbians gays and bisexual .

All addressed by other agencies.

The money could have been used to prepare for communicable diseases.

Don't quote anything about the CDC unless you want to appear in the same game as they are playing.

Solid post.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by cisco1

I cannot believe members aren't better read on the CDC...

I suspect that's because it's the Canada forum. None of the Cdns here care about such things. 😄

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Well I need to be able to start going there for Business.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by 1100RemingtonMan
Well I need to be able to start going there for Business.

There are links and information here.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ok, but I am going to side with Dr. Fauci.
Sorry, but your own words convict you.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't know much about the CDC. I tend to trust doctors though about diseases and treatments, prevention, etc. They are credentialed.

Most Canadians get their information from Health Canada. For COVID- 19 info, many people stop by here.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
You missed again. laugh

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Well no wonder they are so damned uninformed....do they swing by the CBC for a chaser...??

Take a look at Florida & ask yourself how they seem to have decided that a 0.0001 mortality rate really
isn't a big deal, especially since 98% of the present mortality is with those who have had double or triple
gene therapy injections.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You missed again. laugh

Nope... you missed.... and got caught... fuggin covtard, you are a threat to all free men, yet you are to blind to see

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by irfubar
You missed again. laugh

Nope... you missed.... and got caught... fuggin covtard, you are a threat to all free men, yet you are to blind to see
Right, he can run but he can't hide. He left too big a trail.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here are some conspiracy theories to add to your list.
Conspiracy Theories
Conspiracy theory #1 as to the Corona "Covid" being manufactured in a lab and released, well that just isn't true you will learn if you read Stevie's post here.

It jumped from nature to a human by some nasty Chinse eating bat sushi. Not a thing to do with the bio-lab letting (or actively causing) it to jump out into the human population after they juiced it up to where it could infect a human. I am so relieved that the Chinese didn't try to kill us.

Thank you Stevie

Sarc

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Steve;

Please don't keep this nonsense going... Surely, there must be something more worthy happening in Canada! Every time you respond to this hate it becomes more fuel for the fire.

The reason I rarely visit the Canada forum is due to this disgusting drivel!

Bob
www.bigbores.ca

"What shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and lose his own soul" - Jesus

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Leave it closed forever for all I care.
Keep your beer.
Cut your own trees.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CZ550
Steve;Please don't keep this nonsense going... Surely, there must be something more worthy happening in Canada! Every time you respond to this hate it becomes more fuel for the fire.
Bobwww.bigbores.ca
That is the plan. He will have to quit responding. With the trail he has left with his posts he can't escape any other way.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Steve;

Please don't keep this nonsense going... Surely, there must be something more worthy happening in Canada! Every time you respond to this hate it becomes more fuel for the fire.

Bob
www.bigbores.ca

You're right, Bob. There is much evil in their hearts. There are other things to talk about.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Steve;
Bob
www.bigbores.ca
You're right, Bob. There is much evil in their hearts. There are other things to talk about.
You go ahead, we remember. Bob is Right. Only thing you can do is quit responding.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Steve;

Bob
www.bigbores.ca

This pandemic sure brought out your true evil in you Steve

Id hate to have your types ( weak links) fighting next to me in the military. I used to have a really admirable opinion of the canadadian military when I trained with them.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Steve;

Bob
www.bigbores.ca

When christian ministers were arrested for practicing their faith "Steve the christian" approved , when christian churches were burned in Canda, "Steve the great christian" approved, when BLM rioted in Canada during the height of the pandemic and were praised by Justin black face, "christian Steve" approved.

, When Canadian police rounded up and arrested the unvaxxed. for practicing basic human rights , "christian Steve" approved

Who is the truly the evil one?

Donate to this christian hero yet "christian Steve" or are you virtue signaling for Ukraine still? lol

https://www.rebelnews.com/exclusive_pastor_artur_on_his_51_days_behind_bars

Last edited by ribka; 04/05/22.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
It is a real shame these threads become so vile.
Most of the rudest remarks are nothing but tired , old, rhetoric , full of inaccuracies.
Canadians vary across this land, here in the Alberta, B.C, Montana intersection we are almost interchangeable.
As a Christian myself, eventually you will engage in spiritual warfare with the enemy, and this creep hates humanity, but particularly the ones that fight back.
Clergy are human , they weaken and sometimes don't fight it off as they should and should be held accountable to our laws.
From a spiritual perspective, God only knows.
God Bless all of you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
ribka: He will take Bob's advice and quit responding. He cannot defend what he has said. Had he been a German or Russian in the 1940s he would have fit right in.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How come they can keep their borders closed, and we can’t????? Does that seem peculiar to any one else?????

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Back to the original topic . Anything else, start a thread . Coming back, you will need an Arrive Can app on your smart phone.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
Back to the original topic . Anything else, start a thread . Coming back, you will need an Arrive Can app on your smart phone.
I wonder what those of us with only a flip phone do?

And this thread does fine for discussing Stevie's misdoings.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
I can't blame the Canuckians for thinking ahead...the former US of A is about to become the northernmost province of Mexico after Title 42 rolls back on May 23rd. If I was a Canuck, I'd be buildin' a wall.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Our daughter did the work for us.

We had all on my wife's phone, and on this laptop.

They looked at the folder, and our passports, and we were on our way.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Back on topic, . You can cross once if you have all your paperwork, but only once. I'm being dragged into the 21st century kicking and screaming.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
I guess I won't be allowed in since I don't have a cell phone.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
It is a problem

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings
It is a problem

Yet, they are letting in untold number of unvaxxed people into the country, unvaxxed by a vaccine that doesn't work, but you had better get it..... LOL.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
You don't need any phone, it can all be done with paper.

Call Canada Customs to learn for sure.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
You don't need any phone, it can all be done with paper.

Call Canada Customs to learn for sure.

Thanks. Apps are only used to track people and gain their personal information, habits, movements and who they associate with and their political opinions. Of course the liberal NAZIs luv this technology

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Back on topic, . You can cross once if you have all your paperwork, but only once. I'm being dragged into the 21st century kicking and screaming.

I think the Jews said the same while been dragged kicking and screaming into box cars and incinerators. But hey the NAZIs had good intentions and cool uniforms designed by Hugo Boss right STevey?

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ribka

I think the Jews said the same while been dragged kicking and screaming into box cars and incinerators. But hey the NAZIs had good intentions and cool uniforms designed by Hugo Boss right STevey?

Watching downwinddipschitt getting dragged away "kicking and screaming"...priceless.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think we got rid of Stevie for a while unless he is also downwindtracker2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
And when--.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][img]http://[/img]

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings
I think we got rid of Stevie for a while unless he is also downwindtracker2

There is more than one retard in Canada.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I laughed out loud when I read over on the Campfire someone referred to your leader as Fidel Trudeau. I guess we can also say Che Redgwell.

Actually I believe Fidel was a better man than his Canadian son, but that isn't a very high bar.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Ah, the good old, pickled bean Caesar !!!!

wink

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Meanwhile, back at the border crossing.
This was all we needed last August. Yes we had our shots.[img]https://i.imgur.com/raEyyaa.jpg?2[/img]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This was all we needed last August. Yes we had our shots.[img]https://i.imgur.com/raEyyaa.jpg?2[/img]

So you can do your "ArrivCan" thing on a computer and just print it out or do you NEED to have the APP on your phone?

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by 160user

So you can do your "ArrivCan" thing on a computer and just print it out or do you NEED to have the APP on your phone?

You can also do it in person at the airport after customs. We flew in from UK to Toronto last week and there were lots of people that hadn’t done their ArriveCAN forms. They just get directed to Public Health workers and do it on the spot (phone app or paper) with help if needed.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I think, anyway that works for you, again call Canada Customs with any questions.

They are the boss people.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
What are they considering "fully vaccinated" now? When I went in Aug it was 2 shots and a neg test within 72 hrs of arrival. What new hoops are there to jump through this year?

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Hunt, if you can fight your way through all of Arrive Canada, it's in there.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
2 shots Moderna or Phizer—1 shot J&J—no test

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
What is amazing is people either have had COVID got the shot or been exposed and no ill effects. So, any country (not just Canda) that imposes these kinds of mandates is not following any science and is only doing it to impose a new world order the globalists want. The flu has killed more people and never has this been done.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Sounds like its from the Babylon Bee. Is this a joke? There is ZERO science support these restrictions. No wonder the anti science zombies like Steve worship them.

No wonder Canada is the butt of jokes now

Last edited by ribka; 04/10/22.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
And when--.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][img]http://[/img]

Justin Black face says you have to wear a mask when you're fishing on a remote Canadian lake in your boat

"properly wear a well-constructed and well-fitting mask when in public spaces, both indoors and outdoors"

And Steve and downwind facist think this is science lol

Last edited by ribka; 04/10/22.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I didn’t think any leader could be as bad as ours but ole Castro Jr takes the cake.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
What is amazing is people either have had COVID got the shot or been exposed and no ill effects. So, any country (not just Canda) that imposes these kinds of mandates is not following any science and is only doing it to impose a new world order the globalists want. The flu has killed more people and never has this been done.

Spot on

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y

Sounds like its from the Babylon Bee. Is this a joke? There is ZERO science support these restrictions. No wonder the anti science zombies like Steve worship them.

No wonder Canada is the butt of jokes now

They havent followed the science yet, its doubtful they will start anytime soon. They are starting to find out that it is having a negative effect on tourism, but that wont change anything.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Had been planning a fishing trip with a brother to a lake that my father had been to in the 70s. Won't happen this year, and gotta say I am pretty sour on patronizing Canada period.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You again?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Looks like my Moose hunt is off.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In my view, anything related to hunting in BC, is subject to an agenda. G/O have an understanding, resident hunters are just starting to figure it out. I suspect the fishing is just along for the ride, and I have a feeling the Wuhan has FA to do with it, it is a convenient excuse.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I get the idea, Canada wants tourist money, the just don't want the tourists.

Mail us your money, and stay home.

To be fair, it's the same both ways.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Sorry, I've waited a week!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Im getting more and more emails for discounted hunting and fishing trips in Canada the past few weeks. Canadian businesses are really hurting due to Trudeau's useful idiots like Steve and downwindfacst

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Im getting more and more emails for discounted hunting and fishing trips in Canada the past few weeks. Canadian businesses are really hurting due to Trudeau's useful idiots like Steve and downwindfacst

Steves internet may be down, hope so, and downwinddipschitt will likely be busy pushing CWD in Canada and selling Elk antlers to the chanks,...... downwinddipschitt, its antlers, not horns....your engrish needs work.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (1badf350, 222Sako, 10Glocks, 257man, 10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 59 invisible), 2,485 guests, and 1,352 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,672
Posts18,456,039
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.