24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Son has a 2014, bought it here in Texas before being transferred to Colorado. 4x4, pulled 35' trailer while there and just moved a 30' to our deer camp 3 weeks ago. They moved back to Texas last summer. Bad to the bone truck and has not had it in the shop at all. Fully loaded and very impressive.

All American

All the time
BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Salty303

I think that was Super Dave Osborne driving that Raptor!

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
A friend of mine buys them and puts a couple of thousand on the ODO and then ships them to the Netherlands and other EURO countries for a nice chunk. They are popular there. He is a master mechanic and said he preferred Toyota's over them as far as quality.

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Much appreciate the comments and advice, Gents.

Appreciate the laughs also!!

The Tootster

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Brother has had two. 6.2l and the newer ecoboost model. Both great trucks, I was suprised to see that there was actually some legitimate improvements over a basic f150 (not just the badging like many other high $ "trim" options).

Both handle extremely well and the suspension has been impressive. They are significantly wider than a stock f150 though, so depending on where you live that could be a problem or not. The ecoboost raptor hauls ass. A little too showy for my taste, but whatever.

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
A friend of mine buys them and puts a couple of thousand on the ODO and then ships them to the Netherlands and other EURO countries for a nice chunk. They are popular there. He is a master mechanic and said he preferred Toyota's over them as far as quality.

Back in the 1970s Bob Chandler was building and selling Big Foot Ford F-250s just like the ones his team raced. His biggest customer base were the Nordic countries then other European destinations.

IIRC they were selling for 250k usd$ plus shipping.

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Don't you have to run premium gas in the 6.2s? I know you do in the GMs. But then again if you can purchase a 70k truck whats paying up for premium gas.

Dr friend of mine wanted a rapter but ended up with a GMC AT4 with the 6.2....420hp. He just couldn't justify 15-20grand more for the rapter.

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by killerv
Don't you have to run premium gas in the 6.2s? I know you do in the GMs. But then again if you can purchase a 70k truck whats paying up for premium gas.

Dr friend of mine wanted a rapter but ended up with a GMC AT4 with the 6.2....420hp. He just couldn't justify 15-20grand more for the rapter.

Was told that the Raptors required 93 octane to make the 450 hp.

IC B3

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O

That looks like Balcher near Saint Jo Tx south side of the Red. That place keeps the Saint Jo ambulance service hopping....lots of off roading - motorcycle - four wheeler shenanigans pulled down there....

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by okie

That looks like Balcher near Saint Jo Tx south side of the Red. That place keeps the Saint Jo ambulance service hopping....lots of off roading - motorcycle - four wheeler shenanigans pulled down there....

I imagine so, I bet you hear this a lot, "Hold my beer and watch this"

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

Now destroying a 60 thousand dollar truck to prove you are cool... that’s impressive

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Back in the 1970s Bob Chandler was building and selling Big Foot Ford F-250s just like the ones his team raced. His biggest customer base were the Nordic countries then other European destinations.

IIRC they were selling for 250k usd$ plus shipping.

I don't know exactly what he sells them for , all I know is he buys them new and waits months for deliveries and then he and his mechanics drive them and put miles on them so they can be sold as "used" which saves the buyer a ton in taxes.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

How to destroy a $75K Truck in 3 seconds.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
My doctor had one, used it to rock crawl. He got married and that ended the rock crawling. He took it to the body shop because he saw some rust underneath, they told him the entire frame was rusted out and it wasn't worth fixing. He traded it back in to Ford for another Raptor, he loves them. I think they gave him $38K on the trade in, he lives in Easton PA so I don't know if he ever had the undercarriage washed.

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Sako76
My doctor had one, used it to rock crawl. He got married and that ended the rock crawling. He took it to the body shop because he saw some rust underneath, they told him the entire frame was rusted out and it wasn't worth fixing. He traded it back in to Ford for another Raptor, he loves them. I think they gave him $38K on the trade in, he lives in Easton PA so I don't know if he ever had the undercarriage washed.

They scoot along pretty swiftly. My neighbor and I hooked up with my
2006 Saleen and his new Raptor.

His 450 hp trumped my 345 hp. Not by much but he beat me. Twice.
I reeled him in on topside but that was way down the Hwy.

I have a buyer for the Saleen and 2 want my Tundra.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
The Border Patrol had them up here so they could get to McDonald's in times of bad weather.

I am MAGA.
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
The Border Patrol had them up here so they could get to McDonald's in times of bad weather.

Flave would know that.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Money well spent.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
662 members (1lessdog, 2500HD, 257 mag, 17CalFan, 22magnut, 10gaugemag, 73 invisible), 2,733 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,647
Posts18,399,078
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.