Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
mod7rem Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. I’ve made a list and will try as many as I can.

BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
anyone have a favorite online source for these boots? Used to shop at the Sierra outlet nearby but its become a discount/department box store

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Moosejaw or Backcountry are decent sources.

"There is no excellance in Archery without great labor".
Maurice Thompson 1879

Nothing clears a troubled mind better than shooting a bow.
Fred Bear
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I agree with SheriffJoe, the gore-tex layer may be the problem in your boot. It's a little late to send them back, but I'm curious. Why wouldn't you stick with Lowa for the fit, but in a newer model? If they leak, then you could return them.

It took me years to finally find a good fit for my size 14s, but the Lowas are the best for me by far. I started with the high-top GTX Evos, and liked them so much I later bought the lower height Tibets. I finally got the Renegades which wears more like a high top sneaker, very light and comfortable. Three completely different boots for different uses and conditions, but all fit great, and all have been waterproof to date.

Good Luck!

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
I'm walking in a pair of Han Wag Tatra Tops in 10 wide and they are very good so far. Not one blister and a sure footed grip.

The way life should be.
IC B2

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I also have a narrow, low volume foot and these have been great.

You just have to be in touch with your feminine side. grin

https://www.rei.com/rei-garage/product/185336/zamberlan-331-amelia-gtx-rr-hiking-boots-womens

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SLM
I also have a narrow, low volume foot

That's what you're calling it now?

How typical.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
It’s short, but it’s skinny.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by ejo
I just finished an 11 day backpack AK Dall sheep hunt using a pair of Scarpa Kinesis Pro gtx. It rained or snowed 9 out of 11 days and the ground was very wet. My feet were dry the whole time which was not the case for the guide wearing a new set of Kenetreks. He also fought heal blisters as well. I switched to Scarpa from Lowa Tibets mostly due to fit but both pair of Lowas had a hard time keeping water out after a year. The only issue I have with the Kinesis is the stitching on the heal is wearing considerably from the shale slides. First lite gaiters held up very well.

good boots on the report. ; ) Surpised scarpa is not more popular with the hunting community

The old school Scarpa Rios were the best boots I’ve ever had. Fit, function, everything.... Only bitch would be that they were heavy. At the time I didn’t care in the least.

Pretty sure they use different lasts now as the new boots don’t fit as well. It may be a natural vs synthetic thing. I dunno.

I currently have a pair of AKU’s that have held up well. Next pair might be a pair of LaSportivas.

One thing I have found with most all new boots is the trend to narrow soles. I don’t like it. The boot may be EE but the sole itself is skinnier than SLM’s pecker.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Crispi Summits

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
IC B3

AHM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Kenetrek Mountain Extremes are top notch and have been a great all around boot for me for many years.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have a narrow foot also and have been wearing the Hanwag Tarta Top also and it fits like a glove. It does have a stiff sole but that was one of the reasons I got them. When hunting in steep country my legs do not get as fatigued climbing up, just like waking up steps.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by PatagoniaHunter
Hello,

I am an ASOLO boots user for the last 15 years. I have now a PW.MATIC 200 EVO GV, a full grain leather boot. Fantastic one!
Have also a last year discontinued LAGAZUOI GV, full leather nobuk boot with all round rubber protection. Also a top, top mountain boot! The actual SUPERIOR GV and TRAVERSE GV are very similar to the late LAGAZUOI GV.
I have nothing to do with ASOLO business, only a very satisfied customer!

Best!

PH

I would have gone ASOLO long ago, but my feet are too wide. Also, now I like a higher boot. In the real world, how do GoreTex socks hold up? Any good?

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Talus_in_Arizona
Originally Posted by PatagoniaHunter
Hello,

I am an ASOLO boots user for the last 15 years. I have now a PW.MATIC 200 EVO GV, a full grain leather boot. Fantastic one!
Have also a last year discontinued LAGAZUOI GV, full leather nobuk boot with all round rubber protection. Also a top, top mountain boot! The actual SUPERIOR GV and TRAVERSE GV are very similar to the late LAGAZUOI GV.
I have nothing to do with ASOLO business, only a very satisfied customer!

Best!

PH

I would have gone ASOLO long ago, but my feet are too wide. Also, now I like a higher boot. In the real world, how do GoreTex socks hold up? Any good?

True, that's why I got extra pair of wide that were available for when my users wear out. I don't see that happening in this decade. If it does, I'll buy a set of common top of the line vibrams and sew them on the way the old ones come off.

I have an extra pair NIB WIDE ASOLO full grain with sewn vibram lugs size W 10&1/2 . PM if interested.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Hanwag Alaska GTX’s for the last three years and got a pair of Hanwag Trapper GTX’s yesterday to try out as well for this Nov.
Both insanely comfortable and the Alaskas are holding up well. I took my Alaskas from the store straight to a two week spring bear trip when I got them. I didn’t water proof them until after. No hot spots and no wet feet from day one.

Pitter Patter!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
809 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 1234, 12308300, 81 invisible), 3,199 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,714
Posts18,400,344
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.