Hop To
Scope repair (Docter) #15224318 09/14/20
M
MWN Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
I bought a used Docter 4.5-14 rifle scope several months ago. Finally mounted it on a rifle and discovered it has serious internal issues; focus changes as the magnification is changed, it does not 'smoothly' change magnification, the adjustable objective is way off, and the field of view gets smaller as the magnification is decreased. Simply put, it's broke.

I'd prefer not shipping it back to Germany for repair and the reviews for Noblex customer service is not good. Can anybody suggest an independant scope repair service?

PLEASE don't tell my parents that I work for the MSM...they still think I'm a piano player in a house of ill-repute.
BP-B2

Re: Scope repair (Docter) [Re: MWN] #15224562 09/14/20
B
BobbyTomek Offline
Campfire Guide
Campfire Guide
B
I've worked with Noblex on swapping out to a different illumination system and also bought an item from them directly with zero issues. A guy on another board contacted me around January 2019 or so about his Docter scope as he knew I was using that brand. If I remember correctly, I think he said he slipped on ice with the scope taking the brunt of the impact. I do recall that he later told me everything was taken care of in short order.

On 2 different higher-dollar items, they shipped back to me via FedEx (Express, I guess), and in each instance, I had the scopes in just a couple business days, which truly surprised me. A turret cover they sent me went through conventional mail and took about 16-18 days, if memory serves.

Here's a contact e-mail. Keep in mind the time difference. He responds quickly. Only once did it take a bit longer, and that was when he was at a show.

michel.erbertnoblex-germany.com

Re: Scope repair (Docter) [Re: MWN] #15225683 09/15/20
M
MWN Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Thanks! I've sent him an email.

PLEASE don't tell my parents that I work for the MSM...they still think I'm a piano player in a house of ill-repute.
Re: Scope repair (Docter) [Re: MWN] #15228662 09/16/20
M
MWN Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Haven't heard back from Mr. Erbert but I got the following email back from Noblex. I don't know the back story on why there are in financial distress; Covid? Bankruptcy? Both?

"Thank you for your e-mail.

We are currently in a difficult economic situation. For this reason we would like to ask you

to submit your request again in October. Then we can coordinate the further procedure with you."

Re: Scope repair (Docter) [Re: MWN] #15228797 09/16/20
B
BobbyTomek Offline
Campfire Guide
Campfire Guide
B
Wow. I had not heard anything specific regarding Noblex. But about a month ago, I did converse with a guy from Germany who told me a 2nd wave of Covid-19 was beginning to take its toll there. At that time, he said he felt those who refused to wear masks on public transport were part of the problem but that authorities were beginning to crack down on that. He also said several smaller shops/businesses he frequented had closed or were in the process of closing until things improved. Again, I've heard nothing about Noblex in particular, but they are indeed a fairly small operation overall.

I hope the issues with your scope can be resolved soon,

IC-A

Moderated by  RickBin, SYSOP 

RR1
Who's Online Now
619 registered members (160user, 007FJ, 1234, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 70 invisible), 1,743 guests, and 858 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
RR2/3

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2020 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.