Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,788 of 1,842 1 2 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1841 1842
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Had to stop while a doe & twin spotty fawns crossed my driveway this morning !

Made me smile like heck.

grin

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
BP-B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Why would you stop?

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I had a spike buck giving me some attitude on Tuesday evening out by the cabin. Still had velvet, no trophy but still fun to see the young ones.

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My son and I scouted an area nearby here. We saw 5 deer sneaking into a cornfield. Sure gets your motor running to see some deer.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I had a spike buck giving me some attitude on Tuesday evening out by the cabin. Still had velvet, no trophy but still fun to see the young ones.

Sweet! You shot a velvet buck! grin

IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
nope, archery isn't even open yet.

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Based on his last two comments, tzone sounds like he has declared war on deer early this fall

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by rflshtr
Based on his last two comments, tzone sounds like he has declared war on deer early this fall

I’m fired up for deer season. I drew a tag I’ve been waiting 7 years for. I’m going to stomp around I. The woods on MN deer opener and I’ll be hunting in 3 states this year.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
RATTLE! RATTLE! SCRAPE! SNORT! WHEEZE! Aw yah man, it's coming fast!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tom- did you draw South Dakota this year?

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by j_elky

Yessir. I'm pretty fired up about it.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Did a run to Camp Isabella Monday to check the cameras. Fair number of deer and several real nice bucks, one nice 8 pointer [4x4] and a big 9 pointer [4x5]. The surprise was one camera had several bears and one had 3 cubs. As always several wolves were also seen. Hoping for a good season.

Tom

Hope you get a nice one out there. I will have to go back one of these years.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Did you pick a rifle yet?

Assume you are talking to Ryan?

I'm going to Redfield for pheasants in October, pretty excited.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah Tom and I have been texting pretty much daily. We both drew the same tag, along with my wife and son. This is his first year to shoot a buck so he's pretty excited.
Tom had to rub it in the other day how good the 243 I sold him last year shoots. As if I needed a reminder 😁
The spot we're hunting is about a 3 mile hike to get to so I've been hiking when doing field checks as much as I can to help prep and have been walking to work. If we have to pack out 4 deer that far it could get interesting lol

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tzone

Yessir. I'm pretty fired up about it.

Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Yeah Tom and I have been texting pretty much daily. We both drew the same tag, along with my wife and son. This is his first year to shoot a buck so he's pretty excited.
Tom had to rub it in the other day how good the 243 I sold him last year shoots. As if I needed a reminder 😁
The spot we're hunting is about a 3 mile hike to get to so I've been hiking when doing field checks as much as I can to help prep and have been walking to work. If we have to pack out 4 deer that far it could get interesting lol

Frikken awesome guys !!

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by TJAY
Did a run to Camp Isabella Monday to check the cameras. Fair number of deer and several real nice bucks, one nice 8 pointer [4x4] and a big 9 pointer [4x5]. The surprise was one camera had several bears and one had 3 cubs. As always several wolves were also seen. Hoping for a good season.

Tom

Hope you get a nice one out there. I will have to go back one of these years.

TJAY,

I'm glad to hear some deer are around up there. I'm not going to him the MN season real hard. We'll be hunting opening weekend of course but then I'm off to SD! Probably head up to Pequaywan Lake area again. We hunted the opener up there last year and saw some deer. I passed a forkie that I should have shot since it was the only buck I saw in 2 states. lol

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Did you pick a rifle yet?

Assume you are talking to Ryan?

I'm going to Redfield for pheasants in October, pretty excited.

Why would I talk to Ryan? What does he know about hunting there? laugh laugh That's what what I'm most excited about. I get to hunt with Ryan and his family. We didn't plan for it to work out this way be I feel lucky it did. They're so fun. I'm pretty blessed to have awesome friends and he's one of the best. I've probably drove him nuts the last 3 years with all the questions and he's only told me F-off about 5 times. grin

I have it narrowed down to about 3 or 4 rifles. grin So far the winner is probably my Kimber Montana 6.5 CM. Maybe the .280 Rem. So, no. I haven't picked a rifle yet.

Hunting Pheasants in SD would be a riot. You'll have a blast I'm sure and we'll be waiting for pics.

I'm about due for a new knife. I'll have to dream one up for you.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Colorado1135

I'm probably more fired up than Cale is to see him shoot his first buck. That .243 does shoot well, but that is the rifle Jack fell in love with at your house. So, that's his rifle. I should probably tell him. laugh That was dirty trick you played by bringing out a .243 since he was saying he wanted one. It was even dirtier that you fed me about 4 whiskies before you said you'd sell it. grin

I'll happily shocked if we have 4 deer to pack out at the same time. I'll also be tired. really, really tired. I did get a new frame pack in anticipation of carrying a few out though. Maybe I should bring Jack with us. He could probably carry 2 deer at this point. He's been working out all summer and is now scary. grin

The funny part about Ryan's family and I drawing the tag is that we will make up approximately 1/2 of the WT deer tags allowed in that area. That makes me laugh.

Last edited by tzone; 09/17/20.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tom - I've a feeling you and Ryan's will have a very memorable hunt. I'd lean towards the 280, but just because I have one.

Jeff

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm looking forward to it. The hardest part will be keeping Tom off the trigger smile
The last few times I've been there we saw deer literally all day long and the biggest didn't show up until 3-5pm. I talked with a friend of mine who lives by there and he said there's 4 or 5 really nice bucks that move through there that he's been seeing in the evenings

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Page 1,788 of 1,842 1 2 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
681 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 75 invisible), 3,099 guests, and 1,440 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,679
Posts18,399,581
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.