Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#15226837 09/15/20
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Gone forever? Big green pretty much fugged up everything it touched the last few years...
I have a varmint gun I bought at again show 20 some years ago. It shoots .5 moa with 65gr sgk's and h335. Pretty decent gun before the AR craze brought so many better options to bear. Sad to see them gone. Wasn't there some .gov contracts early on?

Last edited by jackmountain; 09/16/20.

ARIC

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Been shooting AR's for many years, never heard of a Buahmaster ?????????

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Bushmaster.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Yeah, good question. Back in the day they were prominent.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
A basic run down & eventually getting to the point. Bushmaster in Windham Maine was bought out by Rem's holding Co. & BM.W made them for Rem for a while. Then Rem moved production to one of their facilities.

After the no compete clause ran out, the owner of the original Bushmaster & several original employees started building AR's again under the name Windham Weaponry. Some of this bunch were building AR's before 90% of the present builders even existed.

So the way I see it, Bushmaster still, in a way exist & is in way better hands than it was under the Freedom Group.

IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Oh, and I have another thought on the matter. I feel Cerberus Capital, The Freedom Group, instead of Big Green fugged up everything, not, Big Green. As Cerberus fugged Big Green as well.

And, the lawsuits against Bushmaster had to play a big part of the demise & we can blame some Liberal gun hating Judge for hearing the BS lawsuit case to begin with. Just like the hot coffee BS against McD's. I don't even like McD's, but that lawsuit was just plain wrong, like so many others.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Gunzo, that was a bullseye from 1000 yds out 1 st shot cold barrel. If it was all competently investigated I'll bet Remington and the other companies were corporate raided of cash assets, saddled with bogus loan debt and forced into bankruptcy to boot and those who put them in this shape were leftist doing exactly as they were told and paid to do. Bad management comes from pos owners. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by gunzo
A basic run down & eventually getting to the point. Bushmaster in Windham Maine was bought out by Rem's holding Co. & BM.W made them for Rem for a while. Then Rem moved production to one of their facilities.

After the no compete clause ran out, the owner of the original Bushmaster & several original employees started building AR's again under the name Windham Weaponry. Some of this bunch were building AR's before 90% of the present builders even existed.

So the way I see it, Bushmaster still, in a way exist & is in way better hands than it was under the Freedom Group.

Yep.

The "old" Bushmaster that made quality guns, like the the half moa Vmatch uppers is still in business under a different name.

The "new" crappy quality corporate Bushmaster is gone.

Funny how that worked out?

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 09/16/20.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originals were top quality. I have two A2 versions.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Damn, I have one of the very first 450 Bushmasters, great rifle, I don't shoot a fu-king million rounds a year, but have had no issues with the rifle in 13 years or so, very accurate barrel and build for what it is.

Trump Won!
IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I have a Bushy upper that I picked up back around 2003. It's a Dissipator style, with a 1/9 chrome-lined bore. It was originally a flat-top upper, but I've modified it along the way.

Originally (but with A2 handguards)
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

First revision,

Current, and final configuration,

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Had a preban A1 w 11.5/5.5 and it was a champ.
Nothing fancy but it shot great and never flubbed.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
If it was all competently investigated I'll bet Remington and the other companies were corporate raided of cash assets, saddled with bogus loan debt and forced into bankruptcy to boot and those who put them in this shape were leftist doing exactly as they were told and paid to do. Bad management comes from pos owners. Mb
Can't be...the NRA wrote articles about how the Cerberus bigwigs were all "gun people". They wouldn't lie to us, would they? frown

Last edited by UPhiker; 09/16/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunzo
Cerberus Capital, The Freedom Group, instead of Big Green fugged up everything, not, Big Green. As Cerberus fugged Big Green as well.

That is 100% correct as investment companies have done the same to many other businesses.

MM

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Had a few of the original bushmaster’s over the years, solid firearm never had any issues. I have a patrolman‘s carbine upper I bought around 92.I have it on an original essential arms lower. Wyndham weaponry makes a good firearm, my buddy has Jersey compliant A.R. good shooter.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
unless it was the last available ar15 I would never buy another.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I carried a Bushmaster M4 with the 14.5" barrel and select switch while working as a contractor in Afghanistan in 2009. I only fired it at the range but it was a solid little rifle and never missed a lick semi or auto. I can only assume it went over there sometime after 2002 for Dyncorp.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by kwg020
I carried a Bushmaster M4 with the 14.5" barrel and select switch while working as a contractor in Afghanistan in 2009. I only fired it at the range but it was a solid little rifle and never missed a lick semi or auto. I can only assume it went over there sometime after 2002 for Dyncorp.

kwg

Parent company of Dyncorp? Cerebrus capital.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Some were tried in the Navy spec.op.

Don't know how they went but i might ask my Son when i see him next.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
If it was all competently investigated I'll bet Remington and the other companies were corporate raided of cash assets, saddled with bogus loan debt and forced into bankruptcy to boot and those who put them in this shape were leftist doing exactly as they were told and paid to do. Bad management comes from pos owners. Mb
Can't be...the NRA wrote articles about how the Cerberus bigwigs were all "gun people". They wouldn't lie to us, would they? frown

Just because you were wrong, doesn't mean you lied.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
648 members (10gaugemag, 257Bob, 12344mag, 1234, 06hunter59, 257man, 73 invisible), 2,937 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,667
Posts18,399,373
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.