Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
TCK Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
At times in my life I have lived in several different locales in KS.
I think the largest numbers and some very respectable deer come from the north eastern part of the state. .
I have a friend from PA who archery hunts on public land around the reservoirs in north east KS.
He has killed several over 150 inch.
A youth on a NE area youth hunt just took a potential state record ( 40 points ) this year.
Can't help with an outfitter though.
Ravenwood lodge 800-656-2454 just south west of Topeka might be able to point you to an outfitter.
Good luck.

BP-B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Raptor17
And is rifle season in Dec really that tough to hunt?

Raptor, let me help bring some clarity to my earlier post. My post rut December rifle season experience is limited to only two trips. The first trip was warm and slow but turned cold the last two days and I finally got a buck. The second trip was warm and slow and I ate tag soup.

Now, my feeling is if the December weather is normal or cold, the odds would go way up to probably about 30% success for bucks over 150. Hopefully some more experienced people will join the thread.

Also, your private message feature is not working, some people may give you a tip about a honey hole place thru a PM and may would not want to broadcast it on the open board.

R
OP Offline
R
Ya I'm relatively new here and the pm function says its not available for my member status but so far no go in getting it to work and don't know how or who to talk to about fixing it which is a bummer

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Ya I'm relatively new here and the pm function says its not available for my member status but so far no go in getting it to work and don't know how or who to talk to about fixing it which is a bummer

webmaster24hourcampfire.com

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So looking at doing a Kansas whitetail hunt next yr with my teenage son and sure are a lot of outfitters. Anybody have a good experience with one with good deer?

Hey, Raptor17, if the experience of an outfitter guided hunt is your goal, then I get it, but don't rule out a DIY hunt. Kansas has over a million acres enrolled in the walk-in hunting program (WIHA), and lots of open hunting on Corps of Engineer land too.

Heck, a DIY hunt may even be a better bonding experience with your son. Just puttin' it out there.

Feel free to PM me, if you want ideas. I'm not a guide, but my boys and I kill a lot of Kansas deer. smile

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
McMillans 2020 rate is $7,000 for A 7 Day hunt(I believe the time frame is correct, that’s definitely the price...)

I would hunt a Saskatchewan bruiser and keep $2500 in my pocket before I bought Tom a new lease.. that said there are likely much fairer priced KS hunts.

MK
R
OP Offline
R
Ya I agree w you on that. Looks like a fun guy but thats pretty steep for kansas

R
OP Offline
R
I would be interested in that for sure. Had issues w my pm and emailed webmaster but will see if I can get it to work

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I've hunted Kansas since the early '90s . Northeast , southeast, north central and northwest. Currently hunting firearms in northwestern kansas . The December rifle season can be feast or famine depending on the weather and hunting pressure. A 150" deer is very possible anywhere in the state . As a DIY hunter you will likely look at alot of deer before you find one . A quality outfitter will increase your chances . I can't reccomend one because I don't use them . I would try to steer clear of outfitters that host any of the tv hunters as the average client wont be put on the better leases.

Chris

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
111 members (405joe, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 16 invisible), 1,364 guests, and 673 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,588
Posts18,397,856
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.