-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Why don't they work? Since this has been worn out on the internet in words. Let me draw a picture.

[Linked Image from i.imgflip.com]

""Mute the Greeniacs. Open the pipeline. Bury the Russians." - JPR - 2022
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by Squidge
Is Robert Redfield right?

CDC director says masks more guaranteed to work than a vaccine

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Director Robert Redfield said Wednesday that wearing a mask is more guaranteed to protect someone from the coronavirus than taking a vaccine.

Redfield, speaking at a Senate hearing, emphasized the importance of wearing masks, noting that an eventual vaccine is not expected to work in 100 percent of people, and might only work in, say, 70 percent. But a mask is guaranteed to offer at least some protection for all wearers, he added, though it is far from total protection.

"We have clear scientific evidence they work, I might even go so far as to say that this face mask is more guaranteed to protect me against COVID than when I take a COVID vaccine, because the immunogenicity may be 70 percent and if I don't get an immune response, the vaccine's not going to protect me, this face mask will," Redfield said.

While experts widely say wearing masks is a very important part of the effort to stop the spread of the coronavirus, the development of a vaccine is seen as a key step in getting back to close to pre-COVID-19 normality.

Redfield's emphasis on mask-wearing is a contrast to President Trump, who has rarely worn a mask and has held rallies with crowds of many maskless supporters.

"These face masks are the most important, powerful public health tool we have, and I will continue to appeal for all Americans to embrace these face coverings, if we did it for six, eight, 10, 12 weeks we'd bring this pandemic under control," Redfield said.

Ohhh, Squidge !!!

I fear for you, Ole Boy.

The scchitt is about to hit the wall, I tell ya.

I ain't scared of the anti-science, anti-expert crowd. grin

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Is Robert Redfield right?

CDC director says masks more guaranteed to work than a vaccine

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Director Robert Redfield said Wednesday that wearing a mask is more guaranteed to protect someone from the coronavirus than taking a vaccine.

Redfield, speaking at a Senate hearing, emphasized the importance of wearing masks, noting that an eventual vaccine is not expected to work in 100 percent of people, and might only work in, say, 70 percent. But a mask is guaranteed to offer at least some protection for all wearers, he added, though it is far from total protection.

"We have clear scientific evidence they work, I might even go so far as to say that this face mask is more guaranteed to protect me against COVID than when I take a COVID vaccine, because the immunogenicity may be 70 percent and if I don't get an immune response, the vaccine's not going to protect me, this face mask will," Redfield said.

While experts widely say wearing masks is a very important part of the effort to stop the spread of the coronavirus, the development of a vaccine is seen as a key step in getting back to close to pre-COVID-19 normality.

Redfield's emphasis on mask-wearing is a contrast to President Trump, who has rarely worn a mask and has held rallies with crowds of many maskless supporters.

"These face masks are the most important, powerful public health tool we have, and I will continue to appeal for all Americans to embrace these face coverings, if we did it for six, eight, 10, 12 weeks we'd bring this pandemic under control," Redfield said.

Ohhh, Squidge !!!

I fear for you, Ole Boy.

The scchitt is about to hit the wall, I tell ya.

I ain't scared of the anti-science, anti-expert crowd. grin

Heh!

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Raeford
I see we're a lil' cranky today, nap time already?

I'm sure that massive brain needs rest.

Bet you have to buy XXL hats, no?

Be good to yourself, Raeford. You’ve had it rough lately.

Doing fine here, thanks.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

184 members (35, 338reddog, 300jimmy, 12344mag, 2UP, 007FJ, 18 invisible), 1,526 guests, and 911 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,600
Posts18,454,584
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.