Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
D
denton Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Here in Utah, we are seeing the effect of NOT social distancing. College is back in session, and Covid has exploded in Provo, home to two large institutions. Daily new cases are now running 60 per 100K there, as opposed to 30 in SLC and 15 here north of SLC.

Of course, Covid death rates are much lower than they were earlier, and it might be OK to just let it burn through the student population. I don't know.

If this is what will happen all over, then we are about to see a major second wave, and also appreciate the effects of the painful shutdown.

Personally, I am so "dang" tired of this that I would almost rather catch it and be immune so I can resume normal activity. Almost.

Be not weary in well doing.
GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I hear that a cytokine storm is a bigger rush than DMT. More seriously, I get the feeling few here give a rat’s tail. Time will tell on all this.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We’re all going to get it. Why wait? Rip the bandaid off.....

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The know-it-all millennials are lining the college dorms to get their CV19 trophy.

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by denton
Here in Utah, we are seeing the effect of NOT social distancing. College is back in session, and Covid has exploded in Provo, home to two large institutions. Daily new cases are now running 60 per 100K there, as opposed to 30 in SLC and 15 here north of SLC.

Of course, Covid death rates are much lower than they were earlier, and it might be OK to just let it burn through the student population. I don't know.

If this is what will happen all over, then we are about to see a major second wave, and also appreciate the effects of the painful shutdown.

Personally, I am so "dang" tired of this that I would almost rather catch it and be immune so I can resume normal activity. Almost.

Not sure what you are trying to convey with this post?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The testing is less than 50% accurate in identifying active cases............................

MM

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Oh the humanity

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Don't drink the yellow (communist) Kool-Aid.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
The testing is less than 50% accurate in identifying active cases............................

MM

And all positive tests are being labelled cases, when they aren't cases at all. And people can have multiple tests that just drive up the test results without meaning anything except an increasing number.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by denton

Not sure what you are trying to convey with this post?

Pretty sure he’s saying he needs to shut the F’n teli’ off.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This reads as Concern Trolling, but in case you are actually in fear, don't worry... Unless you have 2+ underlying health conditions and are 75+ years of age, you have nothing to worry about.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

MM

And all positive tests are being labelled cases, when they aren't cases at all. And people can have multiple tests that just drive up the test results without meaning anything except an increasing number.

Yep. Not a lot to get worked up about unless hospitalizations take a big spike.

MM

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
We had over 700 cases in the first two weeks in a college here in upstate NY. They closed it down, sent all the students home and are going completely virtual for at least the first semester. Last I read, some of the infected students were seriously sick. The bigger concern is how many older locals did the students infect while galivanting around town. Time will tell.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Blackheart
We had over 700 cases in the first two weeks in a college here in upstate NY. They closed it down, sent all the students home and are going completely virtual for at least the first semester. Last I read, some of the infected students were seriously sick. The bigger concern is how many older locals did the students infect while galivanting around town. Time will tell.

Yep, you better save yourself and start shootin’ them no good younguns, before it’s too late.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by kroo88
Originally Posted by Blackheart

Yep, you better save yourself and start shootin’ them no good younguns, before it’s too late.
I don't live near that college. It's in the next County. They sent them home anyway and the biggest share don't actually live near here. No, they import most of the worthless little commie bastards up here from NYC, about 200 miles South. I wouldn't go to that shyt hole again for anything if you held a gun to my head and a red hot poker to my ass hole.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Denton no one under 20 has died of Covid in Utah calm down.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Is it true that it only takes one of 19 possible symptoms to be ruled covid?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Talk about scope creep! Remember this whole “flatten the curve” thing was about not overloading the IC rooms at the hospitals. Now it’s the benchmark of fear mongers. The only thing that matters is the death rate and secondary to that, the IC load at the hospitals.

BTW - the age group in Provo has about as much chance of dying from covid as you do at winning the lottery.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
What's the hospitalization rate? How about the death rate? How about the death rate of anyone under 90?

Is the flu still a thing?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The USA with shutdowns has a higher death rate at over 600 per million than Sweden that didn't, and Japan who did not shut down either has a rate of 12 per million

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 11point, 12344mag, 47 invisible), 2,516 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,360
Posts18,468,961
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.