Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by cv540
Wondering if anyone carries pistol magazines with alternating Hollow Point and Full Metal Jacket rounds?

Considering doing so in a .45 Officers model but can see pro and con arguments.

In town, no.

When thumping hoglets

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

absolutely.

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
GB1

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by SPQR70AD
you guys must have good pistols to be able to reliably feed all types of ammo mixed

You trust your life to a "bad" pistol?

My EDC is a Wilson Combat ULC Commander after upgrading from a Dan Wesson Guardian.

“Factio democratica delenda est"
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Similar to slinging a bandoleer of assorted shotgun loads for your 'gage when responding to a bump in the night.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I can't see why it would matter if it's loaded with ammo that the pistol has demonstrated that it will feed. It ejects an empty case then takes the next round off the top of the magazine.

C
cv540 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
What would be the pros??

I have seen monumental failures in Hollowpoint loads. 158 gr .38 swchp shot into the forehead at room distance didnt penetrate cranium, just rang his bell good. The heavy winter clothing or leather is also a concern.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
What would be the pros??

I have seen monumental failures in Hollowpoint loads. 158 gr .38 swchp shot into the forehead at room distance didnt penetrate cranium, just rang his bell good. The heavy winter clothing or leather is also a concern.

In which century did this occur?

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
C
cv540 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by ringworm
Wondering if anyone carries pistol magazines with alternating Hollow Point and Full Metal Jacket rounds?

Considering doing so in a .45 Officers model but can see pro and con arguments.

Yes...every ghetto gangbanger.
They have 7 lead ball in the mag and 1 holow point in the chamber.
They all split one box.

Say I ain't lying!

You aint lying. Except its usually just a mix of all different brands.

Then there was the guy with .44 mag ammo in a .455 Webley. Sadly we took it away before he could touch off a round on New Years Eve.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by nyrifleman
you guys must have good pistols to be able to reliably feed all types of ammo mixed

My EDC is a Wilson Combat ULC Commander after upgrading from a Dan Wesson Guardian.

do not have $2000 to waste on a pistol that is altered to feed hollow points. 17 shots of FMJ that feed reliably are good enough for me. do you drive around or ever driven around in a small car? you trust your life to that? get a tank

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

do not have $2000 to waste on a pistol that is altered to feed hollow points. 17 shots of FMJ that feed reliably are good enough for me. do you drive around or ever driven around in a small car? you trust your life to that? get a tank

Alternately, you could buy a basic bitch Glock, Sig 320, etc. I haven't met one yet that wouldn't reliably digest whatever I feed it. Hell, if you're that concerned, get yourself a .357 Sig. Those [bleep] feed like greased goose schitt.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Probably doesn't matter because no one here has ever used a handgun for serious social work, or will. I haven't either.

About 10 years ago, when researching CCW ammo, I learned that the FBI had come up with a test supposedly simulating penetration through auto glass, auto body, heavy clothing, and so many inches (forget how many) of ballistic gelatin. The ammo companies had developed JHP loads that met the criterion.

Unless something changed, there is no purpose in using FMJ ammo. BTW: There was no difference in stopping power between 9mm, .40, and .45 ACP. You either hit the CNS or the perp bleeds out. Some different effects but only if you exceed 2000 fps. So they said.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Wtf are you talking about?

It’s 2020 not 1911, any pistol worth a [bleep] will feed a variety of ammo.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by rickt300
In 9MM I like to run 6 Hp's on top and follow with all FMJ's. The theory being if the guy I am shooting at is still alive after 6 rounds he is probably behind cover. My 45 get 230 gr. FMJ's all up.

"The guy".

So, you are only prepared for a single attacker?

Sounds like limited planning.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N

You missed my point.

Reread.

Carefully.

“Factio democratica delenda est"
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ringworm

Yes...every ghetto gangbanger.
They have 7 lead ball in the mag and 1 holow point in the chamber.
They all split one box.

Say I ain't lying!

I'm not going to say you're lying, but I want to share an experience reported by #2 son. He was living in a neighborhood going to $hit and one night two gangs squared off on his street and traded maybe 100 rounds at each other in a very short period of time over a distance of 60 yards. #2 and his family hit the deck and their house did not get hit. #2, at that time, worked in a sheet metal shop that hired a bunch of sincere felons. #2 asked his co-workers to explain what he'd witnessed.

One of the most dedicated hoods explained that street folk generally do not aim to kill and don't really aim when its one group going against another. This is the reason for that goofy sideways hold. The point is to stand there and take incoming fire and give it back. Someone deliberately trying to kill someone in one of these altercations is considered chicken $hit. Usually only the top hoods are allowed to do that, and when it comes it is usually right in your face. There is a general fear of engaging white guys. White guys don't play by these rules and take careful aim and get the job done. They also have the money for ammo and practice.

#2 shortly moved out of that neighborhood and went to the other side of town. I bought both #2 and #3 their CCW training when they turned 21.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Sounds like a 21st century version of "counting coup".

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by rickt300
In 9MM I like to run 6 Hp's on top and follow with all FMJ's. The theory being if the guy I am shooting at is still alive after 6 rounds he is probably behind cover. My 45 get 230 gr. FMJ's all up.

"The guy".

So, you are only prepared for a single attacker?

Sounds like limited planning.

Yeah, not only that, but what if it's a woman?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Guess the "boys" in Chicago didn't get the memo.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Red rover, red rover... Send foeties on ovah.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

What the f*ck kind/brand of pistol are you carrying for SD that has feeding issues.

If you want an inexpensive, quality, accurate and extremely reliable carry gun, take a look at the CZ's.

I have a PO-6 40 S&W that shoots anything and everything, even crusty old schit that is turning green.
I also have a CZ 75 Compact in 9MM that will do the same.

I don't think I could get these pistols to malfunction even if I wanted to.

Both were less that $600

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I only shoot handloads in my carry guns.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (10Glocks, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 02bfishn, 66 invisible), 2,450 guests, and 1,363 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,228
Posts18,466,602
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.