Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here's more on the scholarship the kids have been offered:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/ne...all-players-get-scholarships/3477693001/

A Boone County program is offering two Little Miami football players a scholarship after the two were temporarily suspended from the team for running a thin blue line and thin red line flag onto the field.

Holiday for Heroes offered the scholarship to Brady Williams and Jarad Bentley who carried the flags to honor firefighters and police officers on the 19th anniversary of 9/11 during their game on Friday against Turpin.

The program said Williams is the son of a sheriff’s deputy and Bentley is the son of a firefighter.

A spokesperson for Little Miami Schools says the players did ask for permission in advance to run with the "Thin Blue Line" and "Thin Red Line" flags but were told no.

[ Keep up with breaking news. Download the Cincinnati.com app. ]

As a result, Williams and Bentley were suspended while the incident was investigated.

The superintendent and high school administrators completed the investigation and returned the players to active status.

“The results show that there were no political motivations behind this display of support for first responders on 9/11, but there were stances of insubordination,” President of Little Miami Local Schools Board of Education Bobbie Grice said.

Little Miami District is north of Cincinnati. I've known a bunch of folks that either taught there, or were graduates. None of them would be condoning the actions of this principal. Boone County is across the river in Kentucky.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
GB1

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Schools like to hire yes men, purely consumables.

Hire em to take the crap, when it goes bad, dump and get another suckass. Its politics more than anything else.

Think as a profession that teaching/ admin has a much higher % of fuggups.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Paul, very well put. A well thought out and reasoned post. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
He isn't the first or last to make this mistake. There will be others that make similar mistakes in this country as the pc left tries to push their ways. It will take even longer for some people to understand it isn't about removing statues of men who were men but of promoting the commie view pt for the left's purposes. The left have been attacking our kids thru education for a long time now. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Another thought came to mind when one post mentioned racism, which is a current hot topic. My thought on racism are that everybody should be treated the same under the law. Not some better or worse, as the current case is, depending on where you live. That said, our country was founded on the idea of freedom for you to like or dislike anybody, for whatever reason that you personally have. It might be that they wear a red shirt on Tuesday. It has to make no sense to anybody but you. Our social construct right now is to change all of that, and try to force you into rethinking this freedom. Forget color, people discriminate against other people every day, for whatever reason, and this is OK. When the laws and Government do it, it is not OK, nor should it be. We as a nation need to get back to the basics of individual rights and Government rights. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have a problem with the superintendent equating support for police and fire fighters as “racism”

Sam......

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
the guy in the video sounds like homosexual that is about the cry.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Get back to the business of indoctrination of your children is what I took from his statement. I'm sure a BLM flag would have been celebrated by the district. It was 9/11, one would think anyone with any love for their country could understand the meaning of those flags and be proud of those two boys. I've said political correctness will be the downfall of this country, I just never expected to see it this blatant this soon.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I applaud the two young men!!!!!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"I served this flag for 30 years and I'm proud of that," he said. "Shame on those out there who are wreaking this hateful havoc. It has no place in our schools."

Power said school officials' No. 1 priority is to serve their students, but they are having trouble doing that due to people's hateful and political agendas.“

Translation:

I’m using my service as a weapon instead of wearing it as a badge of honor. How dare people take my politically biased motives at face value while I twist the motives of kids to paint them at hate mongers for my own personal agenda!

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Sounds like that entire school board needs flushed. I assume they are the ones who hired that idiot. Flush them, and I imagine he gets flushed too.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
JFC

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

122 members (6mmCreedmoor, 1_deuce, 257wthbylover, 300_savage, 5sdad, 2ndwind, 16 invisible), 1,674 guests, and 941 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,511
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.