-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Denton, you of all people know that numbers lie and liars use numbers.

You and yours as well as me and mine are well into the susceptible age zone for this thing. But no more so than for cancer, pneumonia, diabetes, heart disease...

It is wise to protect oneself from likely injuries. That's why we wear a seat belt in a car and a PFD in a boat. And lately, a mask in a store. But the chances (there I go using numbers!) of wrecking, drowning, or succumbing to COVID are pretty darn slim.

I'm neither blase nor afraid.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
The testing is less than 50% accurate in identifying active cases............................

MM

And all positive tests are being labelled cases, when they aren't cases at all. And people can have multiple tests that just drive up the test results without meaning anything except an increasing number.
THAT!!

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by denton
Here in Utah, we are seeing the effect of NOT social distancing. College is back in session, and Covid has exploded in Provo, home to two large institutions. Daily new cases are now running 60 per 100K there, as opposed to 30 in SLC and 15 here north of SLC.

Of course, Covid death rates are much lower than they were earlier, and it might be OK to just let it burn through the student population. I don't know.

If this is what will happen all over, then we are about to see a major second wave, and also appreciate the effects of the painful shutdown.

Personally, I am so "dang" tired of this that I would almost rather catch it and be immune so I can resume normal activity. Almost.

Not sure what you are trying to convey with this post?

fear and uncertainty

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

Trump and his Radiologist advisor want to go for herd immunity. What Trump does not tell you is that

will result in between 2.5 million deaths and 6 million deaths. Just a great idea. 10 countries in

Europe have stated there second wave of COVID-19 outbreaks. Get ready it may be a long winter.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by denton
Not too worried, especially about college age folks. Just interested in seeing how this unfolds.

The one thing that concerns me is my wife. She's 78 with chronic asthma, so she is in about the highest risk group.

Much fear during the regular flu season the past 25 years?

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by GunTruck50

Trump and his Radiologist advisor want to go for herd immunity. What Trump does not tell you is that

will result in between 2.5 million deaths and 6 million deaths. Just a great idea. 10 countries in

Europe have stated there second wave of COVID-19 outbreaks. Get ready it may be a long winter.

My hell you are dumb.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
More reported cases, no spike in the Covid deaths. BFD, just turn off CNN.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by 700LH
The USA with shutdowns has a higher death rate at over 600 per million than Sweden that didn't, and Japan who did not shut down either has a rate of 12 per million

Probably because we (usa) have a lot of obese geezers that live on prescription medications and soda...when they get the 'rona its curtains..

Lifestyles and medications available

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Dutch
We’re all going to get it. Why wait? Rip the bandaid off.....

Well, its keeping us from getting pneumonia and the h1n1 deadly swine flu.

Can someone post again the graph showing the drastic decline in flu and pneumonia deaths?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The Chinese flu is the gift that keeps giving. Muller ran it's course. They needed something more lasting and ongoing. They could not generate fear through Muller but they have with this virus. I expect this to be an ongoing tool for the libs for some time.

IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by GunTruck50

And you want to go for Chinese communism. How many did your buds Mao and Xi kill?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by IZH27
Originally Posted by Terryk
I live outside a college town. They do 700 tests per day, and surprisingly they are getting record number of cases. It is in the paper every day. Headlines like politicians staggered by the record number of cases and don't know how to stop the covid. Meanwhile my wife is a nurse, and the hospital has zero covid patients. They have opened up elective procedures 100%.
My math says, more positive cases with no bad illness is good. This fear pumping is really getting old.

Exactly. Unfortunately, Far too many have been lathered up into a froth with Scientism rather than science as the means to inform their decisions and opinions.

Yep the narrative has been set and there can be no deviation from it! This saith the priests of the New Fundamentalism.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
The USA with shutdowns has a higher death rate at over 600 per million than Sweden that didn't, and Japan who did not shut down either has a rate of 12 per million

Probably because we (usa) have a lot of obese geezers that live on prescription medications and soda...when they get the 'rona its curtains..

Lifestyles and medications available

the obese problem is not relegated to geezers. the problem is late mature onset diabetes, which has a wider age range. and the condition is insulin sensitivity, or allergy. The immune system is already working overtime and "its" resources cannot be be retasked for a covid invasion.

tests are useless, if your negative, wait 5 mins. then retake.

personally my chances are better with covid any day than the person driving next me on the cell phone.

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
"the obese problem is not relegated to geezers. the problem is late mature onset diabetes, which has a wider age range. and the condition is insulin sensitivity, or allergy. The immune system is already working overtime and "its" resources cannot be be retasked for a covid invasion. "

Each 'pandemic' going forward will most likely hit us harder and harder as the physical condition of so many continues to deteriorate.

FJB & FJT
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

362 members (1Longbow, 1lesfox, 160user, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 31 invisible), 2,757 guests, and 958 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,282
Posts18,467,767
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.