Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
DrDeath Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Anyone here have a CTR in 223? Opinions on this combo and accuracy ... likes and dislikes? What grain bullet are you Shooting . Thanks!

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a fake one that shoots 75’s like a mofo....[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Are they even being imported? I've never seen one available.

Scott
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I saw one yesterday at Scheels so there are a few around.

Nothing says overkill like 6 screw rings on a 223 laugh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was looking for a set with 8

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Superlite in a CTR stock?

Good idea! Does the barrel channel fit?

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ha! I’d say it’s “well floated”!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Whole gig bolted up rather Tikka-ishly.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Teeker goes well outta their way,to fhuqk their 223's up. If a DBM isn't an AICS footprint,you are pissing up a fhuqking rope and Teeker do a Goat Fhuqk better than most. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

If they simply went AICS and added RPM,dots would connect by default...but alas,they are enthralled with their proprietary Dumbfhuqktitude. Hint.

No thang to change,but it don't make any fiscal sense,especially with their new price gouging. Hint.

Now as to CLUELESS Fhuqks Ring Whining,that's fhuqking funny too! Recoil impetus is but a single facet and it pays to look at the big picture,to connect dots by default. Chambering is moot and Swiffer Low's,just "happen" to actually be fhuqking LOW and wear (6) fasteners,per each cap. Win/win. Hint/hint. LAUGHING!

Even on a fhuqking POS Teeker. Hint.

Simply as good as it gets. Ring spacing is a scope's best friend and everything below Zero,is 100% USELESS,so inclination is your friend. That ESPECIALLY,upon a Rimfire. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint. Laughing!

You CLUELESS Fhuqktards are a hoot! Hint.

Bless your hearts for trying though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

My bad,as this is germane. Hint.....................

Last edited by Big Stick; 09/18/20. Reason: Forgot a pic

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Teeker goes well outta their way,to fhuqk their 223's up. If a DBM isn't an AICS footprint,you are pissing up a fhuqking rope and Teeker do a Goat Fhuqk better than most. Hint.

If they simply went AICS and added RPM,dots would connect by default...but alas,they are enthralled with their proprietary Dumbfhuqktitude. Hint.

No thang to change,but it don't make any fiscal sense,especially with their new price gouging. Hint.

Now as to CLUELESS Fhuqks Ring Whining,that's fhuqking funny too! Recoil impetus is but a single facet and it pays to look at the big picture,to connect dots by default. Chambering is moot and Swiffer Low's,just "happen" to actually be fhuqking LOW and wear (6) fasteners,per each cap. Win/win. Hint/hint. LAUGHING!

Even on a fhuqking POS Teeker. Hint.

Simply as good as it gets. Ring spacing is a scope's best friend and everything below Zero,is 100% USELESS,so inclination is your friend. That ESPECIALLY,upon a Rimfire. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint. Laughing!

You CLUELESS Fhuqktards are a hoot! Hint.

Bless your hearts for trying though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

My bad,as this is germane. Hint.....................

Stick,

I've seen your [bleep] Tikka kreedmire build a dozen times but just now noticed it started life as a factory 8" 22-250 barrel.

Did you ream that yourself? Did you have to set the barrel back?
Sounds like a pretty cheap way to play, with 8" 22-250 Tikkas under $600 online. An ai pattern KRG bravo would make that an excellent way to spend a grand.

Once the barrels burned out you'd get most your money back for the action alone.

Last edited by CaptArab; 09/18/20.
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Are the Mountain Tactical billet mags any good?

Despite my user name, no I am not from Texas.........

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What CaptArab said.

A KRG Bravo with ACIS BM solves a lot of Tikka 223 problems.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'Rab,

I sent it to The Kali Kid and he nailed it. The Speedmire is essentially a 22-250AI 95% Improved,so there's no setback requisite. Just a matter of picking freebore,which he understands. DO it. Hint.

The Bravo is a nice way to fly,but I'd personally prefer more contour,in said chassis. If Teeker had the brains to build a S/S Vermin contoured 7" 223 and 8" '250,they'd be Naturals,to transition seamlessly to a Bravo. Hint.

Kali Kid High RPM Krieger 22BR,poked in a Bravo. Hint.

I do not fully understand,why he engraves things as he does?!? Hint. LAUGHING!

Send it to the little fhuqker,nab some Alpha brass and never look back. 8" will stabilize 88's fine,even in my atmosphere.

Hint..................

'Bag,

I don't have their mags,so cain't comment. Hint.

Their DBM's are Skookum,as are their rails. I drive AICS(stay with steel only),MDT(poly and steel both are killer),AM both bindered and binderless,MagPul,etc,etc. Poly mags are friendly to brass and I drive 5-rounders as a Utility default,with extry 10's in a ruck. AICS poly 223 mags are fhuqking Dog Schit,avoid 'em,at all costs. MDT kills same. AM steel 223 5's are superb. MagPul is the schittiest COAL,but can be just fine in say 6 Kreedmire. Hint.

What chambering are you trying to feed and upon which platform? I shoot AICS DBM's in 223,223AI,270,22 Grendel,22BR,6BR,22 Speedmire,22-250AI,6 Kreed,243Win,243Win AI,6-284,7-08,7-08AI and 308...offa the top of my head. Hint.

AICS DBM footprints,simply have NO equal.

Hint..................

In retrospect,to 'Bag's query,which I prolly took outta context,due the AICS blood pumpin'!(grin)

If you are referencing their(Mountain Tac's) billet Teeker non-AICS mags,they are fhuqking Dog Schit and an easy pass.

Hint................

Last edited by Big Stick; 09/18/20.

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Stick,

Its a T3X UL in 6.5 Creedmoor. I was very surpised that 147s fit fine in the OEM mag. Its tight though and when I need to chase I'll probably run out of room. The MT bottom metal would probably be the best option since I already have a dozen or so accurate mags with and without binders.

Be nice to have a couple extra rounds in the belly with the AICs and the room to grow but was just looking at options.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'Bag,

As bad as the Teeker mags suck ass,the M+ bitches meld the 264 Kreedmire's .199" freebore,rather well,to 147's and the ilk. Lots of them in these parts and a Smooch is easily arranged via 147,which will nestle said box's confines. Hint.

If you need more(due to throat chasing,etc.),you can simply go to an '06 mag and adjust the bolt stop,to grant more travel for the COAL increase. AICS binderless,won't do you any COAL favors,that the M+ OEM mag isn't already doing,within said chambering. The extra round count is nice,for certain and feeding FAR more positive/reliable...but you won't gain a buncha' COAL in the transition. Hint.

The MT's are fickle fhuqkers and pieces of schit.......................

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Thanks Stick!

D
DrDeath Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
T3X CTR 223 mags, the OEM ones are 10 rounder metal correct?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'Bag,

Probnoblem............

MsMyrth,

CTR mags are more proprietary fhuqking bullschit and suck ass. Hint.................

D
DrDeath Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Love my Tikka A1/CTR 308 mags.

Last edited by DrDeath; 09/18/20.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by TexasTBag
Are the Mountain Tactical billet mags any good?

Mine sure are. Lets me load the 75 gr ELDM significantly longer.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

367 members (1minute, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 44 invisible), 2,582 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,714
Posts18,457,014
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.