Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That picture was taken in a world where the word had meaning...now not so much.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
BP-B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Dess
Two recent examples just this week.

I don't know if they're heroes or not, but the two flag carrying young men from Little Miami High School football team, and the woman Police officer who was shot in the jaw and still protected her partner are certainly inspirations.

Doing the right thing when it needs to be done, regardless of opinion, danger, and consequences is difficult. Hats off to these people.

X3

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
In terms of raw courage, Nathan Bedford Forrest. No armchair general, we have the names of 33 Union officers whom he personally killed in hand to hand combat.

Or Bob Feller and Ted Williams. At the height of their short careers as the best baseball players, probably, in the major leagues, they resigned and enlisted in the military after December 7, 1941.

And if you read the books about what really happened on 9/11, you will find what it means to earn the title of hero. The firemen in New York. One in particular was off duty and in New Jersey. He put on his 60 pounds of gear and ran back through the tunnel, which was blocked by cars, for two miles to Manhattan and ran up one of the towers.

Then there is Flight 93. Visit that place some time. It is a holy and sacred place. There are heroes there, brave ones.

Heroes have nothing to do with sports figures or movie actors.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
One of my REAL American hero.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Illegitimi non carborundum

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
There’s all types of heroes but ball players and entertainers don’t make my list for being really good at their profession. The garbage man who works a tough job day in day out and goes home to a house full of kids and a wife and is a good father and husband is much more of a hero to me than any ball player. Soldiers who take suicide missions so others can escape and survive are heroes to me. I think of all those who slog through terrible and thankless jobs every day to make this world a better place. They’re heroes to me.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 16bore
Originally Posted by Dess
Two recent examples just this week.

I don't know if they're heroes or not, but the two flag carrying young men from Little Miami High School football team, and the woman Police officer who was shot in the jaw and still protected her partner are certainly inspirations.

Doing the right thing when it needs to be done, regardless of opinion, danger, and consequences is difficult. Hats off to these people.

Hell phuqqing yes!

+10.

Female cop is a hero in every way.

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
184 members (257 mag, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 2UP, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 15 invisible), 1,493 guests, and 840 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,909
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.