F
Didn't Cruz just get re-elected?

Must have 5 years left, at least.

Abbott would appoint a replacement?

IDK Texas procedure.

Special election?

But who the D's got? Puto?

Cruz would be fine.

Then, Josh Hawley, when Thomas bows out.

BP-B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Didn't Cruz just get re-elected?

Must have 5 years left, at least.

Abbott would appoint a replacement?

IDK Texas procedure.

Special election?

But who the D's got? Puto?

Cruz would be fine.

Then, Josh Hawley, when Thomas bows out.

At this point I would much rather have Cruz in the Senate. We know where he stands, which is firmly with the President. We have enough wavering RINOs in the Senate to be uncomfortable with our slim majority there. As I said Cruz would make an excellent 2nd term appointment by Trump should Thomas retire.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ted Cruz is too valuable as a Republican Senator from Texas. No guarantee his replacement beats the next Beto.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Ted Cruz is on record saying he does not want scotus, at least for now.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Another problem for Cruz even if he would accept. It’s going to come down to a razor thin vote to confirm. Cruz holds one of those votes now. I think that it would be hilarious if Cruz would vote to confirm himself but he would likely have to abstain from voting.

IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by 79S
Right now from what I read Ted Cruz is the man Donald Trump has in mind to replace her.

I’d take Ted over ALL other Nominees.

Yep. +1.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sheister
Ted has already turned down the offer from Trump- preferring to make change at the legislative level by fighting the conservative fight. Judging by his demeanor since the election, I agree we need him right where he is....

I've watched Amy Barret on videos and interviews and she is a very impressive jurist. Strictly constitutional, which means she won't be making law from the bench such as RBG seemed to try to do along with the other activist justices... I think she would be a excellent pick and would possible pass much easier than Kavanaugh... I would think it would be unthinkable for the democrats to put a woman nominee through the same BS they put Kavanaugh through in the last appointment....

The biggest problem at the moment is that Mitt Romney will undoubtedly spite Trump by voting against any appointment he puts forward regardless of the qualifications. McMurtry and Collins have said they won't vote on a nominee until after the election or the inaugaration, depending on who wins the election. So, with only a 2 vote Senate majority, seating a Supreme Court justice any time soon is problematic at the moment unless McConnel can rally the votes somehow.. there is a tiny chance he has a couple democrat votes in his pocket but he isn't letting on what his game plan on except for he has promised to bring the nominee to a vote...

This is going to get ugly no matter what happens but I hope he gets it done sooner rather than later...

Throw Mark Kelly into the equation, if elected he could replace McSally as soon as November 30th since she was appointed to the Senate rather than elected. Polling currently has Kelly up 10 points over McSally.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
The dumocrats can't trash and bash a female. Trump has the dumocrats in a tight spot and wins if he nominates a female. The questions are, is the nominee going to be a winner for US and the Constitution? Can the rhino Republican Senators vote against a woman? Especially Collins who's needing every vote. Only time will tell.

Last edited by TrueGrit; 09/19/20.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Barret. The Dems won’t touch her, she’s clean, and no baggage. Cruz has a personal baggage handler. Constitutionalist works for me.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
main problem i see is that she is a woman and only 48. she could be on the bench for a long, long time and call me what you will, i don't trust women's critical thought processes. that said, a lot of men seem to have problems separating feelings from facts too so who the hell knows anymore. i agree that nominating a woman may make it harder for the democrats to skewer her but these POS's in Congress these days seem to outdo themselves stooping to new lows. so ya, put me in the maybe column.

My diploma is a DD214
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by rem141r
main problem i see is that she is a woman and only 48. she could be on the bench for a long, long time and call me what you will, i don't trust women's critical thought processes. that said, a lot of men seem to have problems separating feelings from facts too so who the hell knows anymore. i agree that nominating a woman may make it harder for the democrats to skewer her but these POS's in Congress these days seem to outdo themselves stooping to new lows. so ya, put me in the maybe column.

Agreed, a female definitely has a different thought process. An educated white women adopting black kids makes absolutely no sense. I can see adopting oriental kids but negros.......makes one really wonder what the heck.

Life is good live it while you can.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Wasn't Barret the one that adopted two niglets?

when a white woman adopts negro kids she is making a political statement which is.....F U white people. also she has a cucked husband so she is a domineering bi tch

Attached Images
barrett.jpg (42.68 KB, 274 downloads)
Last edited by SPQR70AD; 09/19/20.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

yes men are being feminized big time

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i don't have a problem with the adopting black kids part. i think she did a good thing getting them the hell out of that schithole. matter of fact, if a lot of black kids were raised by decent white parents it could go a long way to straightening out that culture. but i digress.

My diploma is a DD214
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
i don't have a problem with the adopting black kids part. i think she did a good thing getting them the hell out of that schithole. matter of fact, if a lot of black kids were raised by decent white parents it could go a long way to straightening out that culture. but i digress.

white parents better spend more time raising their own white kids cause most of them are useless and lazy. so you really think we need more negroes in this country?

Last edited by SPQR70AD; 09/19/20.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 79S
Right now from what I read Ted Cruz is the man Donald Trump has in mind to replace her.

He's a nutcase Christian Zionist (which is a heresy) and an Israel Firster. That means he's under the thumb of the folks moving to shut down American liberty, particularly free speech, which issue is almost certainly going to be coming before the Supreme Court very soon. No thanks.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Another problem for Cruz even if he would accept. It’s going to come down to a razor thin vote to confirm. Cruz holds one of those votes now. I think that it would be hilarious if Cruz would vote to confirm himself but he would likely have to abstain from voting.
Why should he have to abstain? Every president in history has publicly voted, presumably for himself. Cruz would have every right to vote for himself. That's his job and that's why TX elected him. It's his elected duty to help select the best possible judge and abstaining is shirking his duty.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by SPQR70AD

when a white woman adopts negro kids she is making a political statement which is.....F U white people. also she has a cucked husband so she is a domineering bi tch

You’re a fugking idiot.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Springcove
Originally Posted by SPQR70AD

You’re a fugking idiot.

This.

Good grief......

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
She seems fine. Everything I’ve read about her is good. That said, why is it that you seem to have to be either a Catholic or a Jew to be on the SC when the country is still a majority white and Protestant country?

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
708 members (10gaugemag, 117LBS, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 75 invisible), 2,686 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,682
Posts18,399,706
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.