Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
I was twelve years old. My parents were busy, and just did attend church much for while . After my older brother died in an auto accident they stepped it up a lot.
Presbyterian Church, sprinkling.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
good question. and thanks for asking.

for me i was 13, during revival at a hard core southern baptist church.

farmers all, or at least for the most part.

in a creek. cold and a bit stained or muddy.

the cows upstream in the beef pastures and milk cattle pastures drank up stream.

a full immersion, but i hear tell a sprinkling might be just about as effective?

it just depends upon who is telling the story, and who do you wish to believe??

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I was about 3 months when the first of several took place the first time was in a Presbyterian church.

I was confirmed in the Lutheran church.

For a while my friend in High schools father was a Baptist preacher and i went to his little church in the country.

Because there were some lookers up there and it was on a Wednesday. grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fifteen, but it wasn't genuine. At my grandmother's prodding. Later, I realized that I wasn't really a Christian then, and I should be baptized properly in faith. So I was, about the age of 30, not sure exactly.

I don't hold to infant baptism, nor the theology attached to it. Baptism is for believers.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
what i always liked most about the presbyterians was that descended down from the highland scots, didn't they?

i don't know. just asking. trying to learn more about the highlanders and their views of the world.

in the southern baptist church most are free to choose, but they'll draft you for war.

and of course the catholics just hated for the buddhists to take over the nam.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
As an infant (maternal grandfather was methodist pastor), again later as an older kid in a less orthodox(y) church.

Don't know that either made as big a difference as the first time I got my willy wet.

Guess I'll find out eventually.

MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
18, after a string of drunkeness and mailbox smashery, my heart was convicted

in the old tail race of an 1850s iron ore furnace, in March, that rushing water around them limestone boulders...

None of that heated baptistry wussy bs 😃

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If I was told right 7 days old

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Probably a few weeks old. Baptized at St. James Lutheran Church, Golden , Colorado.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Interesting how the different creeds approach baptism. Adult, immersion, all of that.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B3

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
not to vary too far off subject, but back in the day all s. baptist converts came by the way of a flowing stream, clean, clear, stained or otherwise.

preachers/pastors served for free, and had a real job during the week. they were called to service or so believed.

a seminary trained preacher/pastor now can make big money if their story/lesson/related is proper.

now in the age of the PC, ya can't just go out there and rough it and expect to survive.

i'm not denigrating, or criticizing anyone, group, clan, group, or sect.

people are free to choose, and so they should do so.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
13. The preacher that did it was banging a woman he was "counseling" so not sure if that's why it didn't take?

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I was a baby. Catholic.

Seen the Baptist’s do it. Those bastards like to drown ya.
Saw another at a new fangled rock and roll church. The kind where everybody high fives. Thought for sure somebody was going to get electrocuted with the light show, sound stage, preacher kid jumping in the hot tub splashing around hollering and carrying on with a microphone in his hand.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Probably 2 or 3 months old, 1950. Catholic church where my parents got married and where mom's family attended. Dad was a protestant and in 1949, when they got married, he had to sign an agreement that any children from the marriage would be baptized & raised catholic.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
About 34.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think I was 26! I never thought too much about religion until I was out of the Army and back home.
Carol was going to The Nazarene Church with Ben. He was about 6 or 7, and wondered why he had to go and I didn’t. So I started going, and The Lord spoke to me. I made a lot of friends there, the Pastor was a great guy, and it was really working for me.
I had always believed in God and Jesus Christ. Mom taught me that, but I never really pursued a relationship.
So I got baptized (immersion) and became part of the family. Carol and I even taught a jr high Sunday School, at least until somebody discovered that I smoked! eek he asked me to quit teaching, which I did. A few weeks later they were asking for more teachers and someone to work with youths! mad
I lead a Wednesday night bible study with adults, and continued attending and being part of it.
That is up until Carol walked out. She agreed to church counseling to try and save the marriage, but her mind was already made up (by then we had a new pastor). He gave me a few bible passages to think on, but that was it. My world sorta ended for a while. For about 18 months, I didn’t care if I woke up in the morning. Not one person from that church ever contacted me to see how I was doing or anything. Maybe the fact that her parents were board members or whatever, but for crying out loud!
After I regrouped and found Penny, I attended her Methodist Church for a while, but I felt that it wasn’t getting anywhere, and to be frank, I didn’t care for the direction the Methodist were headed.
As it stands, my faith in God and Jesus salvation isn’t shaken, but my faith in people and churches, not so much. I know God knows me, and when He shows me a new direction or church that leads me, I’m sure to follow.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A few months old

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I haven't been bowfishing for years

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was 9 years old, Southern Baptist, had a baptistry in the church. Was I too young, probably, But, I don't think age has anything to do with it, because you're either saved or you're not.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (10Glocks, 160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 67 invisible), 2,468 guests, and 1,360 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,228
Posts18,466,620
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.