Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Fireball2
People are so fundamentally dishonest and dishonorable I wonder why God tolerates us at all.

it is the devil doing the tolerating. satan controls the world and it seems god does not do sh it

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by steve4102

Maybe it’s time for McConnell to take the gloves off and beat them to the punch

I think Mitch does get it, but he's got to manage all his members & keep them in line. There are at least 3 automatic defectors, so he really can't afford to lose anymore.

I'll be happy if he can just get one justice through right now.

As far as increasing the size of SCOTUS, I'm not sure that can be done w/o a constitutional amendment which requires 2/3 or 3/4 (can't remember which) of states to approve.

MM

There is nothing in the Constitution that dictates the number of SC Justices. It has fluctuated over the years.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Democrats are the problem. The only thing needing changing is them breing unable to hold office.

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by viking
One woman has a hard time making up their mind in a timely manner. God help us...

It's not just one. But, one of the two may be out soon, replaced by a dhim.

(Susan Collins)

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Packing the court would take a (D) takeover of the Senate and the White House and THEN, they'd have to be able to get nominees through the confirmation process.

Our best tactic is to basically ignore the threat and instead work on getting the traitors out of our midst. I.e., quislings like Mitten, Collins, Murkowski, etc.. Those are the people who pose the most immediate threat, since they will do the bidding of the Dems and confirm justices if the Dems take over (and they'll also try to stymie the replacement of RBG in the next month or two).

Living in MT, though I don't like Daines, he's now going to get money from me because I know that flipping one or two Senate seats is going to make a huge difference and I know the Dems are going to use this as a way to put even more money into Bullock's campaign (and get the liberal base here riled up).

The first order of business should be to provide support to any (R) Senator who is in a close race right now, then work on getting conservative candidates ready for the next Senate election, and of course keep the White House.

Remember, as long as President Trump is re-elected, the Dems can take the Senate and pack the court with open spaces, but President Trump doesn't have to nominate anyone. In fact, the (D)'s are making the case right now that a vacancy doesn't have to be filled by the sitting President. As long as there is not a supermajority of (D)s in the Senate, they won't be able to convict and remove even if the House again impeaches a second term President Trump, so all the cards are in his hands as long as he wins in November.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Then, what's to stop them from adding another 5 after we add 5? The real question should be, how do we set in stone the number on the Court so this game is off the table?

The only way to set it in stone is a constitutional amendment. As that would take ratification by 75% of the states, the Dems likely couldn't get it done. There are more small red states than large blue one.

But that's just it. I don't believe the number of justices are defined in writing in the Constitution. My point was how do WE set in stone the current number of justices? Sounds like it would require an amendment. In the absence of that, politicians will be playing this game forever now that the Dems put it on the table.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Short term thats nice, long term will bite you in the ass.
So what? The Dems will do it as soon as they are in power. Beat them to the punch. It's time to quit playing patty-cake and man the eff up.

I understand but at the same time when dems get control of senate "our" rules will bite us in the ass. Keep it the frick how it is. Get another young constitutionalist and with the "younger " court, we are good.

Bull Schit

If we play by the rules now, as soon as they gain power they will change the rules to suit their agenda, no matter how we play.

Changing the rules now can only benefit us, cuz anyone with two brain cells left to rub together knows they will change them as soon as they are in power regardless of what we do.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Key always comes back to controlling the Senate. Nice to have the House as well as we would have avoided the hole impeachment drama which wasnt going anywhere. If you keep control of the Whitehouse and the Senate you can control the courts.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What do you think the dimocrats would be doing in this situation, if the scenario were reversed?

They would be pounding in another justice.

They may scream and cry, but they would be doing the same thing.

F' em.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
What do you think the dimocrats would be doing in this situation, if the scenario were reversed?

F' em.

Yep.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

F' em.

The problem is that the (D) leadership controls their individual members and can get near unanimous party line votes. Republicans are getting better at this, but there are still too many Republican Senators who refuse to act in the interest of the country.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
McConnell’s job is to bring them in line with the party.

He has done some good work with the judges and justices, be he has yet to unify his people.

Get with it Mitch.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So what? The Dems will do it as soon as they are in power. Beat them to the punch. It's time to quit playing patty-cake and man the eff up.

I understand but at the same time when dems get control of senate "our" rules will bite us in the ass. Keep it the frick how it is. Get another young constitutionalist and with the "younger " court, we are good.

Bull Schit

If we play by the rules now, as soon as they gain power they will change the rules to suit their agenda, no matter how we play.

Changing the rules now can only benefit us, cuz anyone with two brain cells left to rub together knows they will change them as soon as they are in power regardless of what we do.

I know they will change the rules. I dont know the answer. Politicians feel they don't work for us and do whatever they want. Short term I want the court in our favor. This election will be contested and will end up at SCOTUS. Get another right leaning justice now. Keep the senate in the R side and go from there.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
It's sad to know that decisions coming from the Supreme Court are often based on political leanings rather than law!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Payback for ramming Obamacare down our throats.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Bull Schit

Exactly.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DonFischer
It's sad to know that decisions coming from the Supreme Court are often based on political leanings rather than law!

So true Don. Right now 9 can't even agree when it comes to the constitution, due to their beliefs. Let's throw 20+, yeah that will work

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JakeBlues

F' em.

Yep.
Indeed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bottom line is the Dems just want to create a third legislative body and legislate from the bench.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DonFischer

Their decisions should have absolutely nothing to do with "law" either.

Laws are legislated.

The Constitution was written, adopted and ratified by all states of the Union to limit the powers of federal gov't.

The Constitution is the only document the SC should be concerned with. Ever.

Not legislation. Not partisanship. But 100% US Constitution.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (808outdoors, ATC, Bclark, 10gaugemag, 12 invisible), 2,089 guests, and 728 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,672
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.