T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
I drink a couple of quarts a day. I add crystal light. Helps get it down. Tough for me to drink straight water.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jwall
Originally Posted by ironbender
I like the beer flavored water.

laugh laugh

I drink LOTS of water.

Tea, Coffee, Coke, Dr. Pepper, Crush Orange, Root Beer, etc. etc.

Seriously.... not enuff water.

Forgot - I gots to have my French Vanilla Cappuccino EVERY morning!

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CashisKing
The standard rule if you are doing any measure of physical work is 1 oz of water for every 2 lb of body weight. This was a wildland firefighter standard back in the day. If you were actively fighting fire or in extremely hot conditions you should expect a double that number.

I weighed 240 lb at the time so 120 oz of water. I rounded it up to a gallon. And double that when the work got brutal.

On a warm day on the farm doing physical work, 3 or more gallons is not unusual. It really depends on what is going on, temperatures, physical activity. On warm hunting days, I have to plan around water sources, or it would be a short hunt.

Winter time, just piddling around, probably half gallon a day, mostly in herbal tea type of drinks, as the farm well water is undrinkable. The redhead adds ginger / cucumber to her drinking water to increase palatability. Seems like a better choice than a bunch of chemicals from a packet?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
On the water topic, why when I ask for water at a fast food joint/place, do I get a smaller cup tan my wife's cola cup?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
40 years old. Usually a bit more that 2L. Lots of activity, more.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"I don't drink enough water..makes me piss too much."

What do you call pissing to much? I don't how old you are but if you don't drink enough water you likely have kidney stones in your future. If you wait until your mouth is dry before you drink water you've waited too long and are already dehydrated. If you're sweating a lot you need to drink enough water so you piss as often as you do when you're not sweating. We worked at the deer lease all day yesterday and drank a lot water/Gatorade (no beer) all day. I didn't realize until last night that I only peed one time the whole day so I didn't drink enough water even though I thought I had. I've known some men who believed it was a sign of manhood to not drink water when you're thirsty but it's not.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E

1-1.5 gals a day. Either straight purified water, or flavored with barley, hops and yeast, according to the German purity laws.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"On a warm day on the farm doing physical work, 3 or more gallons is not unusual."

I agree 100! Anybody that says you require a certain amount of water based on your weight is very stupid. When I was a 140-150 lb. teenager many years ago and worked in the summer as a human front end loader/backhoe for a building contractor I could have drank all the water in the 5 gallon water jug we had on the jobsite for 5 men by noon. I always brought my own water jug, a gallon of orange juice and at least 5 sandwiches in my lunch (and it wasn't enough).

Last edited by victoro; 09/20/20.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
A couple of bottles a day. Not enough

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A lot.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I don't drink water, fish phuqq in it. - W.C.Fields

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Everyone should be aware drinking too much can have adverse effects and water "only" during a lot of physical activity is not enough to replace key electrolytes and maintaining the balance of serum sodium lost during perspiration. I know you've heard the sports drinks pitch but im talking about replacement without all the added sugars that could cause your insulin levels to go wonky. Also your kidneys excrete am average of 1 liter/hour so if you are over working them you may be putting more strain on them than you should.

I'm not a doctor, just someone who likes to promote good health. I average 125 oz of water on less physical days and 100 oz of water and another 64 oz or so of sugar free electrolyte drinks when outdoors working or exercising.

For the OP, try a sugar free powder mix to add to water or try the sugar free offerings from Powerade or Gatorade.

Last edited by MARCEL; 09/20/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dude, your kidneys don't excrete a liter per hour, that would be 24 liters or more than six GALLONS per day. More like a deciliter. And just seasoning your food with some sea salt will deal with the electrolyte loss just fine, no need to buy little baggies of chemicals from anyone.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just plain water, hardly ever. Coffee, and iced tea , and an occasional coke.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I find hops help...

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I try to drink at least a gallon/day. I add Nuun electrolyte tabs to 16oz. of water during workouts. When hiking/hunting I am pretty strict about drinking 16 oz/hr and if drinking bottled water I will add a Nuun tab every other hour. Here in the summer I may double that if working hard. In areas of low humidity just breathing hard uses a lot of water. If I am not peeing at east every 2 hours I know I need to drink more. Clear urine is ideal.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
A lot as well. My RTIC tumbler is with me pretty much all day wherever I am. In my chair, garage, shop, vehicles, it is always there filled with ice and water. Each vehicle has a gallon in the back seat.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
120 to 140 ounces a day, just water, plus a couple beers.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I don't keep track but must be enough because I'm still alive and it's about all I ever drink.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (44automag, 35sambar, 10gaugemag, 6mmCreedmoor, 7mm_Loco, 6MMWASP, 13 invisible), 1,668 guests, and 853 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,660
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.