God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Pugs
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I worked for the Census. These guys who come to your door are called Enumerators. I was an Enumerator.
The people who you go to visit are people who declined to answer the Census on the computer, declined to answer by the phone call, and did not reply to the paper letter that was in the mail box.

How does that work for 2nd residence? We showed up at our camp in WV a couple months ago and found a census "we were here and we'll be back" notice stuck in the screen. We don't vote there or live there but we do pay property (and fire and ambulance) taxes there. Obviously they never got back to us and we answered the census via mail for our primary home. I suppose that might affect something?

We went to our vacation home and found a 50 page form and a few letters telling us to fill it out. Hadn't been there for awhile. The lengthy form asked, on the first page, how many people had lived here and for how long. Since none had lived more than two months of the year, it said to skip to page 48. There it asked a few questions like did we have running water, how much were our taxes, and the like.

No big deal. Five minutes and I mailed it back.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Census is real big on race and ethnicity. You are standing there talking to a 6-3 red headed North Carolina hillbilly, obviously he is not from Guatemala. I think we are looking at Ireland and Scotland for this guy's roots.
The Enumerator has to ask him "Are you Hispanic?" And you have to specifically ask him
you from Puerto Rico."

A guy at work was talking about this a couple days ago. He is fourth generation American, of AmerIndian and European ancestry via Mexico.

What is your race?
American!

What is your ethnicity?
I told you I was an American!

He said the discussion got a little heated, but he was not budging.

I told him "Good for you."

Next thing we know, the census takers will be wanting a cheek swab.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Hypothetically, a person with a house in California, a house in town in Montana and a cabin in the woods in Montana could get three census forms. That hypothetical person might have been cornered by the census workers when he happened to be back in CA for a few days at the house (where he had previously refused to fill out the form) and finally filled out the form there, stating that no one is a permanent resident in CA.

Then, when he got the form in town in Montana, he may have also undercounted the number of people living in the house there, since the town is liberal and he didn't want to make it look like there were more people in the town than necessary.

But when he got to his cabin, and found the "we missed you" note and a form, he may have indicated that there were 10 people living in the 14x20 off grid log cabin in a county that has under 2,000 people and votes overwhelmingly (R).

Hypothetically, of course.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you want to see something funny. Look at the census numbers and see the number of Mexicans has dropped steadily over the last 2 of them haha.

Last edited by k20350; 09/21/20.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
PS If you don't do it don't complain when California, New York and NJ get more Reps in the House

Unless you live in those places.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Yeah you have to ask some really dumb questions. You have to ask the person you are talking to, what sex they are. Then you have to ask them what race they are.

The guy I talked to asked not only what race I was but also my ethnicity/heritage, which is Norwegian. I was fairly surprised.
You should have said african. If your neighborhood isn't diverse enough for them, they will MAKE it diverse!

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The race question is NOT for the benefit of white people.

Get smart.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They've been here eight times!

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Thanks for the link.

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Yeah you have to ask some really dumb questions. You have to ask the person you are talking to, what sex they are. Then you have to ask them what race they are.

The guy I talked to asked not only what race I was but also my ethnicity/heritage, which is Norwegian. I was fairly surprised.
You should have said african. If your neighborhood isn't diverse enough for them, they will MAKE it diverse!

I don't live in a neighborhood laugh

Mike

NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by K1500
PS If you don't do it don't complain when California, New York and NJ get more Reps in the House

Unless you live in those places.

If I lived there I would purposely not fill one out to lose reps to areas that vote more conservatively!

I would love for them to get about 5 reps each!!

NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
That is the implication of not replying when you live in a blue stronghold.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I decided to bug with them a little bit and filled my whole form out in spanish, yet of course I let them know there were no latinos in my house...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Remsen
Hypothetically, a person with a house in California, a house in town in Montana and a cabin in the woods in Montana could get three census forms. That hypothetical person might have been cornered by the census workers when he happened to be back in CA for a few days at the house (where he had previously refused to fill out the form) and finally filled out the form there, stating that no one is a permanent resident in CA.

Then, when he got the form in town in Montana, he may have also undercounted the number of people living in the house there, since the town is liberal and he didn't want to make it look like there were more people in the town than necessary.

But when he got to his cabin, and found the "we missed you" note and a form, he may have indicated that there were 10 people living in the 14x20 off grid log cabin in a county that has under 2,000 people and votes overwhelmingly (R).

Hypothetically, of course.

[Linked Image from memegenerator.net]

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

that won't happen, at the rate people ARE LEAVING CA, NY and a host of other DemocRAT run states...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tyrone

I don't live in a neighborhood laugh

Mike
You don't need to live in a neighborhood. They'll still [bleep] you like 0bama and Chobani yogurt did to Idaho.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/30/politics/chobani-ceo-immigration-solution/index.html

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, 6MMWASP, 44automag, 5sdad, 10 invisible), 2,130 guests, and 764 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,174
Posts18,465,401
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.