Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
O
OJVZ Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O

What has been the opinions and experiences of the Leupold Freedom series. Would appreciate you sharing with me. I have a 3-9X40.

GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I have a 3-9X40 and a 4-12X40. For the money I can't complain. IMO they are as good as an older VX-2 for now. Only time will tell if they hold up.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I have the 1.5-4x AR model on a .270. So far it's held up to about a hundred rounds, some field carry, and a pretty nasty drop/fall when I stepped on a rock in a way my knee disagreed with. My other primary optic is a Trijicon TR24 and there is no practical difference in glass clarity between the two.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have a 2x7 very bright, well made

O
OJVZ Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O

Thanks to all who have responded thus far.

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by OJVZ

What has been the opinions and experiences of the Leupold Freedom series. Would appreciate you sharing with me. I have a 3-9X40.

Since you already have one what is your opinion of them?

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Got a 2-7x and 3-9x.
Both dialed in fine.
No zero loss but are set n forget and have not been shot much.

Id like em better if the eyepiece lock ring was old style fine knurling

Last edited by hookeye; 09/20/20.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Had a 3-9X EFR freedom and it had a shadow/ blur around outer edge of image. May have been due to lens being so recessed?

The lack of an eyebell ( more cylinder ) ruined the exterior look as well

Away it went.

O
OJVZ Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O

I bought my scope here on the campfire still in the wrapper. I like the sight picture, it is very clear and I like the size on my lightweight rifle in 243 caliber.
After two sessions on the bench, I still do not have it sighted in. The rifle has proven to be accurate with a VX2 2-7X33 and everything was tight. I have Leupold bases and rings. The point of impact in one group I shot went up nearly 2 inches and I did not touch the elevation adjustment. This was a solid rest on bags on the bench.

The scope is back with Leupold. Their confirmation indicated it would be 5 weeks from the date they received it for the work to be completed. I was curious to know if others had experienced any problems with the freedom scope.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I bought my scope here on the campfire still in the wrapper. I like the sight picture, it is very clear and I like the size on my lightweight rifle in 243 caliber.
After two sessions on the bench, I still do not have it sighted in. The rifle has proven to be accurate with a VX2 2-7X33 and everything was tight. I have Leupold bases and rings. The point of impact in one group I shot went up nearly 2 inches and I did not touch the elevation adjustment. This was a solid rest on bags on the bench.

The scope is back with Leupold. Their confirmation indicated it would be 5 weeks from the date they received it for the work to be completed. I was curious to know if others had experienced any problems with the freedom scope.

Oh, okay, here we go, again. Hey, Rick Bin, how 'bout starting a separate forum for this? Call it "Leupold bashing forum."

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Well I have 3 Leupold Freedom 3-9x40 the glass on mine is at least the equivilant of the glass on my VX-2 3-9x40, and all sighted into my preferred zero with less than 6 shots.
One of them has a little over a 1000 rounds of 223 using it., another one has about 4000 rounds of 22 LR, and the other one is on a 243 Featherweight mod 70 and it has only about 300 rounds on it. But all have been trouble free, I realize that none of these are high-recoil cartridges but so far there have been no issues with them.

Negatives - the clicks are mushy, I dislike the angular objective adjustment housing - it offends my taste and ruins the aesthetics of an otherwise nice scope.

Positives - It is one heck of a nice scope for very little money - it fills a lot of squares- good glass, good eyebox, light weight, reliability so far, inexpensive for the quality of the optics, and a great warranty if needed + Made In The USA by American Workers.

I am not a dialer and as long as they hold zero that is all I am asking.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D

Just playing devil's advocate, did the 2" shift occur in the same range session? If there was a temperature difference between your two sessions, it may be ammunition/powder temperature causing velocity changes and impact shifts.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
O
OJVZ Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O

No, the 2" shift occurred in the same range session. It was the first shot after I moved the windage adjustment 4 clicks right. The scope processed this change perfectly, 1" right.

I'm expecting the scope to perform as it should when Leupold sends it back to me since other owners have not had this problem.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

They'll eventually get there, you just have to keep spinning them until they do.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Leupold juice is just not worth the squeeze any longer . Meopta , SWFA are both better options just like others

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Leupold juice is just not worth the squeeze any longer . Meopta , SWFA are both better options just like others

If your jonesen for a nice Leupold Pic just ask, I'll help you out. grin

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

If your jonesen for a nice Leupold Pic just ask, I'll help you out. grin

[bleep] off

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

[bleep] off

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I took my new Weatherby 6.5-300 to the range Sunday. Fired 2 shots almost touching, made the adjustment, one shot hit center of the X, moved to 100 yard target, fired 2 rounds, made click adjustment to 2” high at 100 and BINGO! Right on the spot. Scope: 3-12x44 Burris Signature Select USA made. Tracks right where it’s supposed to. Surprise, surprise..... not.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

[bleep] off

Take your own advice . no one wants you popping up like a jack n the box every time a Leupold is talked about

Annoying phaggot

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 1234, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 52 invisible), 2,646 guests, and 1,141 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,503
Posts18,452,541
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.