Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
https://www.coasttocoastam.com/arti...kzXM2IwehO8RRx-bIU#.X2U3alkH14o.facebook

A foolhardy motorist in Detroit is in hot water with the law after he channeled his inner action hero and jumped over a drawbridge in his car. According to a local media report, the jaw-dropping incident occurred on Wednesday evening when the unnamed man was cruising along a bridge that spans the Rouge River. At the moment he arrived, the bridge had begun raising which, under normal circumstances, would be a cue for him to stop. The driver, however, had a rather ill-conceived alternative approach and opted to floor it towards the growing opening.

Drawbridge operator Andre Locke, who watched the wild scene unfold, recalled that "I looked, I said, 'no, he ain't.'" His disbelief quickly giving way to the realization that the man was, indeed, trying to jump the bridge, the worker hit an emergency stop button, but it was too late. "Over he went, blew out all four of his tires," Locke said, "and then he crashed into the other gate." While successfully completing such a jump may be cause for celebration in the movies, in this instance it led to the man being arrested since, with his car badly damaged, he was unable to flee the scene.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You can set a city on fire and suffer no consequences, but nailing a jump like that lands you in jail. Our world is ffuukked up.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 09/20/20.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Was his name Bo, or Luke? If he was driving a Dodge Charger with a rebel flag on it, he would have probably been able to drive away without even a dent!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I couldn't understand a word that reporter said...

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Stophel

No sheeit.... sounded like a cross between swahili and a posh brit. Another reason why I'd rather read the news, but I don't mind videos that show evidence, though the video was useless in this case.

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Yeah, what's up with Detroit having a Limey news reporter? crazy

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by skeen

Yeah, what's up with Detroit having a Limey news reporter? crazy

Wot? ‘E sounded perfectly clear to me.

Sorta related; I was driving my granddaughter home yesterday evening, waiting to turn left under the loop overpass on a two lane access road. Light’s red I’m in the left lane and we’re all slowing down. White car from the right lane whips in front of me, mini van whips in behind him. White car then whips right all the way across right lane to the right turn traffic island, mini van follows.

White car has to stop because of cross traffic, mini van begins to rhythmically back up and then drive into the back of the white car, two maybe three times. He’s REALLY PO’d at White car. Minivan driver gets out, tall balding White guy, 40’s, in casual clothes, no visible weapon. Never did see the white car driver tho his door opened too. The guy drove too quick to be a woman.

Suddenly minivan driver jumps back into his vehicle. Two Cop cars right there, which had just happened to be in the cross traffic, seen the whole thing. Cop cars light up, Cops get out, minivan driver looks like the bad day he was having just got really really bad.

That was all we saw, the light changed and we made the left.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I looked and I said "no he ain't!"

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Jake? From the Blues Brothers??? laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
707 members (222Sako, 007FJ, 09wingates, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 204guy, 77 invisible), 2,908 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,774
Posts18,401,589
Members73,823
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.