Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I made across the back holster for a Shockwave....its great running bear baits and tracking.....put a Crimsontrace on one piece of a Weaver base on the top easy on off with my thumb with hand on the grip next to the safety....
With the laser I can put at 25 yards 5 slugs in a 2" group with Lyman sabot slugs....

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by bcraig
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Sounds like ya still hafta hit what you're aimin at.

Sure do and as long as that laser is working that is easy

Then it's the right weapon for your purposes, and confidence.

Too many people think they can spray and pray cause it's a shotty.

I'm interested in the semi version of the genre.

Performance numbers of the short shells, and whether they cycle a semi, would be appreciated.

No Not a lot of spray and pray at Home defense situations ,Just 8 or 9 .54 caliber (about 55 grain )Grain Pellets hitting at once !

Mossberg does not make a semi auto version to my knowledge but Remington does or did but that will cost 3 times the Mossberg shockwave.
I think there is a company called Black aces that makes a semi auto version but from what i have read they are not very reliable.

From my understanding the semi autos will not reliably work with the Mini shells and Opsol does not make an adapter for them.

For a good evaluation of Mini shell try
https://youtu.be/13LaTffG1K0

I thought )) buck pellets were around .32 caliber. no way can you get 9 .54 caliber pellets in a 12 gauge shell. a 7 inch pattern at 10 yds shows how silly shotgun were portrayed in the movies where when a guy let loose with a shotgun he blew the walls down in a 10 ft wide pattern.

Last edited by SPQR70AD; 09/21/20.
B
bcraig Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by SPQR70AD

Performance numbers of the short shells, and whether they cycle a semi, would be appreciated.

No Not a lot of spray and pray at Home defense situations ,Just 8 or 9 .54 caliber (about 55 grain )Grain Pellets hitting at once !

Mossberg does not make a semi auto version to my knowledge but Remington does or did but that will cost 3 times the Mossberg shockwave.
I think there is a company called Black aces that makes a semi auto version but from what i have read they are not very reliable.

From my understanding the semi autos will not reliably work with the Mini shells and Opsol does not make an adapter for them.

I thought )) buck pellets were around .32 caliber. no way can you get 9 .54 caliber pellets in a 12 gauge shell. a 7 inch pattern at 10 yds shows how silly shotgun were portrayed in the movies where when a guy let loose with a shotgun he blew the walls down in a 10 ft wide pattern.

Yes you are right
.330 or so for the size of the 00 Buck
My mind was thinking one thing while my fingers were typing another !

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money

B
bcraig Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by coyotewacker
I made across the back holster for a Shockwave....its great running bear baits and tracking.....put a Crimsontrace on one piece of a Weaver base on the top easy on off with my thumb with hand on the grip next to the safety....
With the laser I can put at 25 yards 5 slugs in a 2" group with Lyman sabot slugs....

That will work !

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I bought a Shockwave soon after they hit the market. I kept getting the same failures at the range with it, and immediately sold it for exactly what I paid. Then, I picked up the Remington version and have never had any issues with it.

The problem with the Mossberg that I got was that the shot shell, while trying to rack in a new round, would slip through the skeletonized shell lifter, badly jamming the action. It took a good bit of work to unjam it each time it happened. The Remington has a solid shell lifter, so that cannot happen.

Here's a picture I took of the problem after it happened for the third time during the same range session.

[Linked Image]

IC B2

B
bcraig Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I bought a Shockwave soon after they hit the market. I kept getting the same failures at the range with it, and immediately sold it for exactly what I paid. Then, I picked up the Remington version and have never had any issues with it.

The problem with the Mossberg that I got was that the shot shell, while trying to rack in a new round, would slip through the skeletonized shell lifter, badly jamming the action. It took a good bit of work to unjam it each time it happened. The Remington has a solid shell lifter, so that cannot happen.

Here's a picture I took of the problem after it happened for the third time during the same range session.

[Linked Image]

What did Mossberg say when you called them about the issue?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by SPQR70AD

Yes you are right
.330 or so for the size of the 00 Buck
My mind was thinking one thing while my fingers were typing another !

no problemo. if nobody made mistakes would not need erasers on pencils lol. I have made my share

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

109 members (Akpilot, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 15 invisible), 1,629 guests, and 901 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,513
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.