Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by 673
Its a red flag if the doc asks if he can buy you a drink.

Would that be the same doctor that gives a prostrate exam with both his hands on the patient's shoulders?

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Aloe Vera wipes. You’ll thank me later.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
There are different Preps with different flavors . I just pick one with a flavor I like . The taste is not bad for me . Different Preps also produce different results . My first Prep produced 16 Bathroom Trips . After that I asked the Dr. for something different . My experience is like Bobmars : that is waking up during one of the Procedures ( I think that was my 2nd or 3rd Colo . ) ........not much fun ! Because of all the hoopla over Drugs and also side-effects of using Meds like Demerol , Doctors tend to use a minimum Dose during Anesthesia . After that , I told the Dr. to inform the Anesthesiologist that I did not want to wake up until the Procedure was OVER . Last one went well . But if you think Colonoscopy Pain is bad , try getting a Heart Ablation and waking up During that Procedure while they are Burning out Nodes in your Heart . I was definitely not a happy Camper during that Procedure ...... felt like I was being Branded across the whole upper part of my Chest . When the Surgeon said ; " I'm almost done " , I think I must have used some choice words , so they put me under again while he finished .

Last edited by usull; 09/20/20.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by Dutch
Aloe Vera wipes. You’ll thank me later.

I can’t believe it took 5 pages before someone mentioned wipes. My advice is to use wet wipes from the start of prep. By the time your butthole starts hurting from using tp 27 times in 4 hours it’ll be too late.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
If it beats cancer, it worth it!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by auk1124
If you wake up in post-op and the nurses are all laughing hysterically and pointing at you, it probably just means that your hair is messed up or something. Probably has nothing to do with the size of your anus.

Or the length and tone of the farts you bust while you are coming out of the tranquilizer.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Mine went easy. The prep was tolerable except it was called "Golytely" and the person who named it that ought to be hit in the mouth.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by persiandog
i have colonoscopy scheduled next week , any advice is greatly appreciated. I'll post picture later.(may be video smile )

Don't get more than 15 feet from a toilet.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
My wife went in and could hear over the curtain at the next case, where a woman was being told she had not followed the prep procedures, she would have to be rescheduled, and insurance would not pay for this visit.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 673
Its a red flag if the doc asks if he can buy you a drink.

Would that be the same doctor that gives a prostrate exam with both his hands on the patient's shoulders?

my doctor told me she doesn't do the finger thing anymore , just the blood test.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
You will understand the true meaning of evacuation. And I'm not talking about any fire drill. smile

As was said before, you won't feel a thing.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Pretty not much of anything. I delayed to 55, my wife does all of her "stuff" per clockwork. I am on a 5 year schedule after my first and found the pre-work a cleansing of sorts. Simply a non-issue for me in the future. Now the vasectomy was another story that welcomed our youngest son (8 and 9 years after his brothers) Tony, a serious miss that would have been as he has been a joy. I did not enjoy that procedure. We, I and the two Doc's, learned that I needed an azzload of anesthesia. Three tries...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
People get all wound up, bout a self portrait.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I've had 5 of them in the last 20 years (I'm higher risk as Dad had colon cancer). It's really not that bad. And as said above, beats being surprised by colon cancer someday!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I am not getting anymore of them.. I would not have surgery even if I had colon cancer so it would be stupid to have the procedure done.., I will accept whatever comes my way.. I have lived long enough. so as long as they have morphine to give me I am ok with it. I had an out of body experience and have a good idea of what to look forward to.. it is not as bad as everyone thinks, thanks GOD.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I had mine a while back, it's all behind me now.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Frankly, I find the fasting worse than the Bazooka Butt. Dinner one night, then a full day of fasting and power wash, then another night, and then half a day in the clinic before I get to eat again. That's something like 40+ hours of starvation. Gator-Ade gets old after a very short while.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
They suck!

I had one about 6 years ago.....

The prep pooping sucks

I need another one here..... cancer runs in my family

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by fester
They suck!

I had one about 6 years ago.....

The prep pooping sucks

I need another one here..... cancer runs in my family

it takes 3 to 5 years for a polyp to become cancerous , this is preventable .

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Have your wife get a sharpie and write "exit only" on your backside with an arrow pointing to your anus. Also write "danger explosive gas may be present".

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 59 invisible), 2,081 guests, and 1,096 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,079
Posts18,463,865
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.