Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I hope they cash in big and teach these Liberal CEO's a Got Damn Lesson.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy...as-workers-who-refused-to-wear-lgbt-logo

Kroger is being accused of violating federal law for allegedly firing two employees who refused to wear a rainbow emblem, which they believe contradicts their religious beliefs.

The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission accused the supermarket in a lawsuit filed Monday of terminating the women after they asked for a religious accommodation so that they didn't have to display the rainbow.

The lawsuit claims that a Kroger store in Conway, Ark., implemented a new dress code in April 2019 that "required all employees to wear a new apron with a new logo, a rainbow heart embroidered on the top left portion of the bib."

The rainbow flag has long been a symbol of the LGBT community.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I hope it cost them MILLIONS!

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sactoller
I hope it cost them MILLIONS!

I have been invested in Kroger for ~30 years, and I agree with you...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I hope it costs them!!!

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Damn! How come I never won the lottery like those to are going to. Edk

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
that better not raise the cost of my chocolate milk

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It is enjoyable to see the other side get to taste their own medicine. I too, hope it costs them millions.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kroger is chain that I once thought highly of, but have lost my esteem for them over stuff like this.

I know a family who has a young adult daughter daughter with Asperger's. Pleasant, highly intelligent and capable, she got a job last year at Kroger. Requested only that she not be scheduled before noon on Sunday's so she could attend church, which she did each week. People with Asperger's tend town/need routine. Can you guess when she got scheduled? Every Sunday. If she was scheduled 16 hours for the week, 8 of them would be Sunday. After a month, she spoke to her supervisor and asked once again. She was available any other day and morning. Net 2 week schedule came out and she was scheduled only on Sundays!

If she'd had worn a burqa, she could get any day off, and extra time to pray to Mecca if requested.

She simply quit, which I suspect was the intention of the store and supervisor. Grocery stores often hire Special Needs kids or those with disabilities, and some managers don't have the compassion to work with them. The family could have dragged them to court over this one, but chose not to.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Somebody higher up the chain is getting a wake up call requesting the report to the canning department...
Hopefully the "social responsibility (aka Party) officer.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Wasnt an indiana Kroger employee fired for pulling a lawful gun and stopping an attack in his store.....years ago?

Pretty sure it happened.

Not a Kroger fan

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Stores would not stay open on Sunday's if all Christians would start staying home on Sunday's with their families. Alabama stores had to close on Sunday's until the late 70's. Pharmacy's, gas stations, restaurants, and motels were exempt for people traveling. So, Walmart, K-mart, and others started having pharmacies inside, and selling gas. Some Super Walmarts had restaurants inside. Many states in the south had these so called blue laws. Eventually grocery stores used the food exemption with ready to eat foods prepared in the stores and started staying open. Then the local mall started opening from 1pm - 6pm on Sunday's. No one said anything and finally the state did away with the blue laws.

People once (1950's) went to church on Sunday, and had a family dinner with the whole family on Sunday afternoons. Eventually jobs moved kids around the country, people started traveling more, spending weekends at the lake somewhere, etc. and quit going to church. Country has been going downhill ever sense. I hated working on Sunday's when I was a kid while going to college.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by ERK

Me two. wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by hookeye
Wasnt an indiana Kroger employee fired for pulling a lawful gun and stopping an attack in his store.....years ago?

Pretty sure it happened.

Not a Kroger fan

I think thats a Norwegian name.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hookeye

Pretty sure it happened.

Not a Kroger fan

Yep, and took all the gun magazines from their shelves. Screw em

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by ERK

Me two. wink

The slip n fall on chicken blood front of the meat counter is always available

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Kroger also owns other supermarket chains.. they own Fred Meyer here in the PNW...

I don't shop there much... Walmart and Winco are always cheaper.. and are on the same block in our town...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KFWA
that better not raise the cost of my chocolate milk

My wife would be furious. She likes the 1/2 gallon bottle which is made with regular milk as opposed to the gallon size which is made with 2%.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Somebody higher up the chain is getting a wake up call requesting the report to the canning department...
Hopefully the "social responsibility (aka Party) officer.

Haha. Yeah.

Pretty funny, but true.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by hatari
Kroger is chain that I once thought highly of, but have lost my esteem for them over stuff like this.

I know a family who has a young adult daughter daughter with Asperger's. Pleasant, highly intelligent and capable, she got a job last year at Kroger. Requested only that she not be scheduled before noon on Sunday's so she could attend church, which she did each week. People with Asperger's tend town/need routine. Can you guess when she got scheduled? Every Sunday. If she was scheduled 16 hours for the week, 8 of them would be Sunday. After a month, she spoke to her supervisor and asked once again. She was available any other day and morning. Net 2 week schedule came out and she was scheduled only on Sundays!

If she'd had worn a burqa, she could get any day off, and extra time to pray to Mecca if requested.

She simply quit, which I suspect was the intention of the store and supervisor. Grocery stores often hire Special Needs kids or those with disabilities, and some managers don't have the compassion to work with them. The family could have dragged them to court over this one, but chose not to.

If she had only told them she needed Sunday mornings off in order to play in softball tournaments they probably would have made the arrangements. Good on her and her folks for their honesty; don't know that I could have let that go without a legal challenge. We Christians tend to avoid confrontations, often to our (short term) detriment.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Abomination.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

607 members (01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 22250rem, 1_deuce, 06hunter59, 63 invisible), 2,166 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,284
Posts18,448,656
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.