Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
...to halt 'malicious' attacks on innocent people.

Go Get Em Al.

https://www.wnd.com/2020/09/alan-de...;ats_es=f3b32cb9739f7ac823837210e9d3eaf4

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
This could get very interesting, Steve.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
yea he didn't care until they said he screwed one of Epstein's teenage girls

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
It seems that most people do not seem to care until their own ox is gored. Lot of talk about how bad CNN is but, until the Sandmann case, nobody really did anything to try to stop them.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by KFWA

More then one.

https://deadline.com/2020/07/alan-d...ne-maxwell-attacking-netflix-1202977312/

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
CNN screweed with the wrong dude. How'd you like to take him on in court?

Alan Dershowitz sues CNN to halt 'malicious' attacks on innocent people

'Every American will benefit from a judicial decision that holds giant media accountable'

WND Staff By WND Staff
Published September 18, 2020 at 7:53pm

Famed liberal lawyer Alan Dershowitz has filed a $300 million defamation lawsuit against CNN over the way it portrayed his testimony during the Democrats impeachment trial against President Trump.

It's not because he wants the money, he says in a column for the Gatestone Institute, where he is a senior fellow

He wants "innocent people" to be spared the "malicious" attacks from media.

"I intend to donate funds I receive from CN
"Freedom of speech is designed to promote the marketplace of ideas. It is not a license for giant media companies to deliberately and maliciously defame citizens, even public figures. So when CNN made a decision to doctor a recording so as to deceive its viewers into believing that I said exactly the opposite of what I actually said, that action was not protected by the First Amendment," he said.

He contends that what CNN did is not protected by the First Amendment:

Advertisement - story continues below

I was asked to present the Constitutional argument against President Trump's impeachment and removal to the United States Senate this past January. For an hour and seven minutes, I argued that if a president does anything illegal, unlawful, or criminal-like -- if he commits treason, bribery or other high crimes and misdemeanors -- he satisfies the criteria for impeachment under the Constitution. But if a president engages in entirely lawful conduct motivated in part by the desire to be reelected, which he believes is in the public interest, that would not constitute grounds for impeachment. Everybody seemed to understand the distinction I was drawing. Some agreed, others disagreed. But the distinction was clear between illegal conduct on the one hand, and lawful conduct on the other hand.

Two days later I returned to the Senate to answer questions put to the lawyers by the senators. The first question to me came from Senator Ted Cruz. He asked whether a quid pro quo constituted an impeachable offense. My response was consistent with my argument two days earlier: I said that what "would make a quid pro quo unlawful is if the quo were in some way illegal." If it was, it could constitute an impeachable offense. But if it wasn't illegal or unlawful, the president's political motives could not turn it into an impeachable offense. That was quite clear. Indeed, the next question from the senators was directed to the Democratic House Manager who was asked to respond to my answer. Congressman Adam Schiff, disagreed with my answer, but understood the distinction between lawful and unlawful. So did CNN. When they first showed my answer, they showed it in full, including my statement that a quid pro quo would not be impeachable so long as it was not "in some way illegal." I then went on to say that if a president was motivated in part by his desire to be reelected, which he believes was in the public interest, that motive would not turn a lawful act into an impeachable offense.
Later, however, he said, CNN "made a decision to doctor and edit my recorded remarks so as to eliminate all references to 'unlawful' or 'illegal' conduct."

"They wanted their viewers to believe that I had told the Senate that a president could do anything -- even commit such crimes as 'bribery' and 'extortion' – as long as he was motivated by a desire to be reelected. That, of course, was precisely the opposite of what I said. And that is precisely the reason by CNN edited and doctored the tape the way they did: namely to deliberately create the false impression that I had said the president could commit any crimes in order to be reelected, without fear of impeachment."

CNN paid contributor Joe Lockhart then amplified the attack, he said, stating: "This is what you hear from Stalin. This is what you hear from Mussolini, what you hear from authoritarians, from Hitler, from all the authoritarian people who rationalize, in some cases genocide, based what was in the public interest."

Advertisement - story continues below

Dershowitz said CNN is responsible for its editing of the video and for its commentators.

"I will insist that giant media not abuse their First Amendment rights in the way that CNN did."

Another prominent legal commentator, Jonathan Turley, said Dershowitz has a higher standard to meet in his defamation suit because he is a public figure.

(I don't agree with this. Just because you have been interviewed on TV, does not make you a public figure. Dershowitz testified before Congress. CNN deliberately manipulated his statements and altered teh recordings. CNN is up to their ass in alligators on this one. )

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by KFWA

If CNN can’t prove it there’ll be a very large payoff. Alan has already said that he did go there being that he was one of Epstein’s attorneys But that his family was also there with him .

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
look at what democRATs are doing to this nation...

CNN etc are their own private public propaganda press....

The FCC ought to shut them down, for all the crap they pull...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by hatari

[b]
Alancolor]

You think he is going to represent himself in this?

You know what they say,
Anyone that represents themselves in court has a fool for a client.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dershowitz would certainly lead a team of hand picked monsters

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

They want to see him in the courtroom as much as L. Lin Wood. CNN will write the check.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
This brings me immeasurable joy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dershowitz would certainly lead a team of hand picked monsters

Sometimes,
A monster is the best thing to have stranding beside you.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Overall, not a big Dershowitz fan but in this case I hope he wins a very big & very public decision & that CNN get the very big black eye that they so richly deserve.

MM

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
(((Epstein))) Vs ((( Dershowitz))) Vs (((CNN)))

DELICIOUS!

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by add
(((Epstein))) Vs ((( Dershowitz))) Vs (((CNN)))

DELICIOUS!

Some conflicts, you hope everyone loses.

Last edited by jfruser; 09/22/20.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

653 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 75 invisible), 2,539 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,687
Posts18,456,421
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.