Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'm afraid that will be the way it is, especially after this latest CDC announcement:

CDC says coronavirus spreads mainly in the air, through respiratory aerosols and droplets
Richard Read
LA TimesSun, September 20, 2020, 11:49 PM EDT

The coronavirus spreads most commonly in the air, through droplets or other tiny respiratory particles that apparently can remain suspended and inhaled, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says in new guidance.

The smaller particles, known as aerosols, are produced when an infected person coughs, sneezes, sings, talks or breathes and can be inhaled into someone's nose, mouth, airways or lungs, according to the CDC, which says that, in general, indoor settings without good ventilation increase the risk of contagion.

"This is thought to be the main way the virus spreads," the CDC has posted on its website. "There is growing evidence that droplets and airborne particles can remain suspended in the air and be breathed in by others and travel distances beyond six feet (for example, during choir practice, in restaurants or in fitness classes)."

Experts on aerosols and the coronavirus said the change constitutes a profound shift in understanding of how the virus that has claimed almost 200,000 lives in the United States spreads. However, the updated two-page explanation provided little new guidance on how to protect against airborne transmission.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
GB1

hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Lefties and mask nazis will be all over this.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Oh, you KNOW they're gonna milk this for all it's worth and more - when it comes to 'control of the masses' by gov't officials.... It's ALL about promoting fear so the sheeple will obey..

EFF 'EM...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I love wearing a mask!........NOT

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
The CDC has only reversed itself 483,791 times since March. I would feel better about their stance on Covid if they would just be honest enough to say: "We have no idea."

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Remember back in the cold war days when all the gov. Experts said you would survive a nuclear blast by using the "duck and cover" method......you all do realize. It's the same gov. Experts saying masks work right?

Last edited by gitem_12; 09/21/20.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wear one when I am forced to wear one. So far I know IMMEDIATELY who is a Repub and who is a libtard.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
I wear one when I am forced to wear one. So far I know IMMEDIATELY who is a Repub and who is a libtard.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

There is no doubt that the mask issue can make Party affiliation easy to discern. The greater the virus phobia and mask zealotry, the further Left the voter. (Expections for for those medically fragile.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Do ya think if we all ignored the issue it might quietly go away ? DUH !

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
this will be going on forever. Once control is established, no government entity wants to let go

Sam......

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
What if.....we all agree to just not breathe in publiK, makes just as damned much sense as the mask deal.

FJB & FJT
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I pretty well figured this was inevitable when I started seeing mass production of face masks by major brand apparel companies and designer names. I don't believe they would sink the money and production capacity into high volume manufacturing of face masks in trendy styles, materials, colors, patterns, slogans, etc., if they believed this was going to be just a short term temporary thing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have been wearing a mask for years when I go outdoors, duck hunting. Not to Dollar General though.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I figured they'd play this out at least another year.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is great news, and I’m going to have to expand my collection of CBRN masks so I have one for every day of the week.

hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
I figured they'd play this out at least another year.

That's my best guess right now. This time next year, or whenever the pandemic "officially" ends. It will be interesting to see how much push there will be AFTER teh pandemic is decalred ended to continue all this BS.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hatari
Be prepared to wear masks forever another year.

Fixed it for you.

MM

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
looks like i wont be attending church for quite some time

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can't read the article due to my glasses fogging up.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My daughter took her driver’s license exam last week, the ride along proctor was dressed as if he was about to conduct an autopsy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

216 members (338reddog, 10gaugemag, 358WCF, 1_deuce, 280shooter, 204guy, 34 invisible), 1,943 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,161
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.