Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#15243513 09/21/20
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Put yourself and you family through the coming schidt storm of Supreme Court Justice confirmation as the nominee?

All I can say, is you'd have to be VERY dedicated. And your family would have to understand what's coming as well.

For myself... No.

I just don't have the patience to suffer fools any more. Not that I had much to begin with... wink

Would you?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB1

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Online Content
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Once in a lifetime opportunity. Go for it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Depends on how many skeletons I had in my closet. I might have a few so I would pass. If you haven't managed your whole life from the start with this kind of scrutiny in mind you wouldn't have a chance.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
The left will furnish their own "skeletons".

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Heck no; same goes for POTUS.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
My past?!fugggghh no!

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
No, I’d tell them to suck my dick real quick, especially when they ask the same questions over and over.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I keep my CDL active, just in case I need another job.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Rockinbbar: Hours are good, percs are great, pay is sensational and the retirement is to die for - yeah I'd go for it.
If qualified - which I am glad I am not (being a lawyer type!)!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I wouldn't let those asswholes win, I'd go all Kavanaugh on them.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
How badly do you want the job?

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Power, fame and the limelight attract a psychological variety of human that I find myself distrusting and in many cases detesting. In olde tymes, a leader was often selected by his ability as a warrior, charisma perhaps, or that indefinable quality that cause us lesser beings to turn to that person for guidance or leadership. Nowadays it seems those who aspire to high office, push themselves forward into the limelight...usually by making promises in exchange for money, to be elected or appointed. It's a deeply flawed process and no accident that Wash DC is the richest city in the US, edging out Silicon Valley 10 years ago.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
As woman will not have the problems a man would have. The Democrats will not attack a woman, they would lose too much. They will try to stall this but I doubt very much they will stoop to attack either of the ladies. A mother with adopted children or a Cuban from FL.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
If i was younger, yes. Id love to spit some beechnut in those suckers eyes.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Naw, to many skeletons in my closet. But dang I had fun.

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ro1459
As woman will not have the problems a man would have. The Democrats will not attack a woman, they would lose too much. They will try to stall this but I doubt very much they will stoop to attack either of the ladies. A mother with adopted children or a Cuban from FL.

You have much, much, more faith in the commies than I do.

I firmly believe the democrats would cut a woman nominee's throat on national television if they thought it would stop the nomination.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Getting slimed in public is not as bad as it sounds. Because of my legal activism I often get attacked in the media and by left wing groups. At first, I didn't care for it, but the tipping point came when I saw a video of a member of the legislature in Arizona try to attack me, but couldn't pronounce my name and made a fool of herself. Granted, I've never been called a rapist by Senators, but I have been called a murderer by the media and I simply laughed at it when asked for my reaction.

If I knew I'd get to be 1/9th of the crew that gets to uphold the Constitution, I'd do it without a second thought.

Edit: I also have to add that there is no way I'd ever be confirmed. I don't back down from my beliefs and I am blunt. If I were asked about, say, abortion, I'd honestly state that I believe it's killing, and the law does allow for killing in some circumstances. Whether it's murder in any particular case has to be determined based on the facts of what happened. I've actually said this in court before, when an adversary accused me of supporting bans on abortion.

Last edited by Remsen; 09/21/20.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
with my skeletons, no. but some people think their schit don't stink and if you're a lawyer i think the scotus is like being in the NFL, MLB and NBA all at once. but i also think they have to live near DC right? that would be a show stopper for me. lived there for 8 months and could not wait to get the hell out of there.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Of course they will attack a woman, just as they attack any black person who doesn't share their viewpoint.
Yeah, it would be worth it. The "trial" only lasts a short time then you move into relative obscurity, unless you intentionally seek media attention. Even though Kavanaugh is supposed to be lucifer on earth, the dems don't even remember his or Gorsuch's name now.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I would, if only for the laffs.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (1moredeer, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 60 invisible), 2,253 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,111
Posts18,464,380
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.