W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
My wife is a vet tech at one of our local vet's. He (the DVM that owns the practice) is an awesome, conservative Trump loving gun toting guy. He held off on the parking lot BS as long as he could, might have been the last one around to succumb, but eventually pressure was brought to bear. I don't know if it was by the state, or if there's some kind of board that determines vet stuff? It sucks for everybody. Way more work for the employees, lots of whiney owners etc. It sucks all the way around, as the owners don't get to be in there with the vet and their precious fur baby. If it were up to him, the curbside crap would never even have happened.

What pisses me off is the way the shidt eating kuhnts with their "fur babies" treat the girls bringing stuff to and from the cars and dealing with the owners. They don't make the law, or the policy. It's stated plainly by the receptionist when the owner makes the appt, and if someone is too stupid to pay attention, it's posted on the front door as well. Unfortunately many people think they are special, and the rules are for other folks. They think they can just walk in, or if they throw enough of a hissy fit they'll get to go in.

I could never do my wife's job. I'd put down half the animals that come in there, and half the owners to boot. People get so fugking retarded when it comes to Snookems, the BESTEST dog EVER that never bit anybody! Or the [bleep] cat people. Ugh.

Rant off

Holy Crap! I take it you don't participate in our sentimental dog threads, then? crazy

I have a bunch of dogs, and I love them. I am a dog lover, but I have zero tolerance for people or their dogs who can't handle them when taking them to the vet. Some owners are responsible and conscientious if they have an aggressive or ill behaved dog. They know, and put the muzzle on themselves and keep the vet employees as safe as they can. Many are not. Many are absolutely clueless as to the the danger a big dog poses.

Bottom line in reference to this thread, I can't speak to any other place than where my wife works. But I can tell you 100% they'd rather it go back to normal. The vets like to interact with the owners, it's less stress and work on the techs and receptionists, and just better all the way around. But rules is rules.....

Just got off the phone with a vet I know. He says less business, more work, because they have to disinfect if you do go in, or spend more time on the phone if you don’t. They’d rather listen to you yammer about Fluffy’s latest antics in person while they’re working on your dog, than work on the dog and then spend more time listening to your yammering.

They’re losing either way and would much rather it go back to normal.

BP-B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I had to put my old friend, a German Shepard down last month, and wasn’t allowed into the vets until the fatal injection was ready to be administered. Other people just dropped off their pets and waited in the car until the vet had finished and the pet was walked out to the owner.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
My daughters clinic in Orlando is that way.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Hahahaha!

Small animal vets......

I am MAGA.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
We are having to get them out of the parking lot at my clinic. I hate it as it is a pain in the ass and runs us to death. We cannot do our normal volume due to the practice So it cost me money. It is definitely temporary in my mind. We practitioners have to protect our liability since if we are perceived as being careless it sets us up for lawsuits from employees and clients. It probably depends on where you live. Our governor in Alabama of all places threatens fines and even jail time if no mask etc. I will let people in for certain things like euthanasia or if I need to show diagnostics or I am just to damn tired to talk over traffic in the parking lot. I see things going back to normal after the end of the year.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by dogdoc
We are having to get them out of the parking lot at my clinic. I hate it as it is a pain in the ass and runs us to death. We cannot do our normal volume due to the practice So it cost me money. It is definitely temporary in my mind. We practitioners have to protect our liability since if we are perceived as being careless it sets us up for lawsuits from employees and clients. It probably depends on where you live. Our governor in Alabama of all places threatens fines and even jail time if no mask etc. I will let people in for certain things like euthanasia or if I need to show diagnostics or I am just to damn tired to talk over traffic in the parking lot. I see things going back to normal after the end of the year.

From the horse's mouth folks.....

MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Been thru this last week:

Still ok to go in the main lobby. I didnt have a mask but all the employees do.

1. Tech comes and gets the dog

2. I have to stay in the lobby and watch Little House on the Prairie featuring Mr Edwards

3. Vet comes out to the lobby and gives me the 411

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
At my vet it depends on the client and what the pet is in for. I took a dog in for its annual visit and I went in and sat in the exam room with the dog. The vet and a tech were in the room with us. We were all masked (except the dog) and things went as normal. The person ahead of me and behind me had to leave their pets with a tech though I don't know what the pets were in for. There was another person inside with their pet when I left but again I don't know their circumstances.

The only thing different was I gave my card to the tech during the exam and the bill was wrung up and paid before I left the room. That was kind of nice as it limited time in front of the desk as other animals were brought in.

I might be given special treatment as I also shoot with my vet as well as pick up things for him at my place of work. I have had as many as a dozen pets to take in though am down to 6 currently so that may have something to do with the way I am treated.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by dogdoc

I hope you are correct.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Knock on wood it's been about 3 weeks since I was at the vet.

Horse jammed a little dead tree branch right under the skin of his forehead, missed his eye thank god. It was nasty...
(recovered now)

Dropped horse off at 5-6AM on my way out to move cows and no one was around so no issue.

Vet is 50 miles away, on the way to the cows....

Get back right about closing time and walked into the lobby area. The girls still had masks on and I asked....Can I come in without a mask???

They were like oh yeah, you're fine.

Maybe things have changed since.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
my daughter is a Vet Tech in Mississippi. They aren't allowing pet owners in the building.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Or is this just mine that's doing this since COVID19?

I don't like this at all, where you don't go in for the consultation phase with your dog and the vet in the same exam room. They are saying a tech will come to my car and bring my dog in to see the vet.

I don't want to consult with a tech in the parking lot. I want to consult with the vet in the exam room so I can discuss the reason for the visit. This is no way to practice veterinary medicine, IMO.

I took a calf to the vet and I took her into the exam room and remained until we were done

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Back in april, my little Bostin had a stroke, she couldnt walk. My vet had a recording said he was taking some time off. I call another Vet, they said bring her in and they would come to the car, they did we all had masks on. the Vet looked at her and called me on the phone, was decided to put her down. I asked if I could be there, she said that they wernt letting folks in but to come to the back door, they let me in and gave me a few mins with my Pup, I held her as the Vet did it!, did pay before they put her down! even the vet had tears in her eyes. they sent me a card, later and the rainbow bridge verse. Dam I miss that little Chit!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Or is this just mine that's doing this since COVID19?

I don't like this at all, where you don't go in for the consultation phase with your dog and the vet in the same exam room. They are saying a tech will come to my car and bring my dog in to see the vet.

I don't want to consult with a tech in the parking lot. I want to consult with the vet in the exam room so I can discuss the reason for the visit. This is no way to practice veterinary medicine, IMO.

Agreed.

I'd check friends/references and find another vet that will allow you to remain with your pet during every office visit. The same goes for your family. I dropped off a family member at the VA hospital for an appointment at the front door while I parked the car. Then they refused to let me into the department to be with him. That is N.O T acceptable! They injected him with a deadly drug that he never woke up from!

Any medical doctor that won't trust you to be with your loved ones or pets is not to be trusted.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
The vet where I take my dog won't let you in. They don't want you out of your vehicle but I got out and helped them manage my big dog. 100 pound girls don't do well trying to hold a100 pound dog that doesnt want to be separated from me.

It gives me nightmares sometimes when I think about it.

My wife quit telling me about the azzhole dogs after I told her I was going to sit on the roof of the clinic with a suppressed .22 and take care of all the aggressive dogs. The vets there are pretty good about giving the boot to dangerous dogs, but some of them slip through the cracks.

Not saying you're dog is an azzhole Hogwild. But you're right. Conscientious owners are up front and honest, and as long as the dog is muzzled and can be handled it's no big deal. The problem is all the non-concientous owners with the pit or mastiff crosses that can't even afford the visit and can't even handle the dog themselves to put a muzzle on!

I went with a girl worked for a vet for 6 years and never heard from her of dogs attacking people in the vets office. any body hurts or kills dogs aint human

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My wife's vet has the can't come in practice, but, in addition, they will charge for boarding when you leave the animal there to be taken care of, unless you fight them (figuratively, that is).

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Same with ours, sit in the car, a guy comes and takes your name and cell phone number. When they feel like dealing with your dog, someone comes out and takes them in. And the paying over the phone before the pet comes back is true. It's total bull$h!t. Some pets are very stressed going to the vets, and not being able to be with them just makes it worse.

Reading this thread, it does seem this same procedure is being implemented by some veterinarian authority.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My lab loves going to the vet, she likes the ride, likes the attention. About 50 miles round trip.

She really enjoys the stressed out felines in the cardboard boxes. Merrroww!!

😂😂

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Now that I think of it, the vets are so worried about catching the rona from people and doing this crap, what about the germs your pet carries back to you? Do they tell you to take your pet home and bath them? Hell no they don't, it's all about them. Pisses me off.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I walked in my Vet's office yesterday and shook hands with the Doc. His employees were mopping up water and sweeping up glass. Nobody was wearing a mask either.

They had to destroy all vaccines in stock since their back up generator took a shidt at some point. New vaccines should be in by the end of the week or early next week.

I'm fairly certain Sally blew away any lingering covid concerns.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
732 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 21, 12308300, 76 invisible), 2,718 guests, and 1,357 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,623
Posts18,398,611
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.