Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
The thread about the moron keeping his children away from his Trump-supporting father got me to wondering.

Hard to imagine non-abusive parents losing touch with their own adult children but it happens. Seems to happen quite a lot to those in retirement homes and care facilities.

So who knows anyone in a situation like that?

Closest I got is a friend alienated from a sibling who they despise.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have seen a couple families where the 2nd born lost soul did not make house payments to his dad. When his dad died, the executor deducted principal owed from the 2nd born inheritance.....Deadbeat guy feels shorted.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I know of one couple who's daughter has been turned against her parents by her husband but it wasn't because of the President.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
under some or certain circumstances a step mother or step father can have an impact upon the young, or adult children or some of them.

families are not of the high spiritual that the stories about them try or attempt to portray.

all it really takes for a child to begin is an egg & sperm successfullly uniting.

that's biological and evolutionary stuff. the "story" of the family is a story.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
1996 was the last time I laid eyes on anyone in my family. Didn’t go to my dad or mom’s funeral. She died in May, 2019.

Lotsa reasons that are NOYFB, but they were good reasons. I will say it wasn’t political.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes I do, its very sad and has torn at least one family apart that I know.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We have an orange tabby cat won’t have anything to do with us since we got our yellow lab. It moved to another house across the holler.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I have a good friend that was raised by abusive parents and will not let them close to his children. When they were old enough to understand he told them the whole story.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by slumlord
We have an orange tabby cat won’t have anything to do with us since we got our yellow lab. It moved to another house across the holler.

Was that cat racist?

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by slumlord

Was that cat racist?

I don’t know but it sure hauls ass with a full grown retriever on its six

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
ya at least one. but in this case its the parents who don't have anything to do with their kids because the kid is a lazy, worthless, leeching doper. i converse with the dad occasionally and he is a good, hardworking dude who seemed to raise the kid right. but the kid was a schithead from middle school on. not sure what happened there. well, besides the dope that is.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
I know of one couple who's daughter has been turned against her parents by her husband but it wasn't because of the President.

I got a cousin and his wife who’s only child son married a stripper eight years older’n him. Wife and stripper hate each other, son has turned out to be a great disappointment, they ain’t seen their grandkids in years.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

I got a cousin and his wife who’s only child son married a stripper eight years older’n him. Wife and stripper hate each other, son has turned out to be a great disappointment, they ain’t seen their grandkids in years.

there's ideal arrangements and outcomes, and then there's the real world.

it's quite amazing how often the real world can intrude into the ideal.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gus
Damn Gus. That’s profound. I’m savin’ it. Thanks.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just because there’s a blood relation, doesn’t mean they are people worth having in your life. Would be nice if all parents were like the Cleavers, but there’s a lot more Archie Bunkers out there. Too many abuse and neglect cases out there to condemn anyone for cutting ties with their parents without knowing the details.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Gus
Damn Gus. That’s profound. I’m savin’ it. Thanks.

lol. being profound and about $3.00 will buy a basic cup of black coffee.

biological children, step-children, adopted children, etc. etc. (you fill in the blank please)

we've got a ton of well trained social workers to help families smooth out the bumps in the road.

just think about the early settlers here in the usa. warn't no roads at all were there? just lots of trails.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Any pics of said stripper?
8 years like he's 20 and she's 28 or he's 52 and she's 60?

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Dutch
Just because there’s a blood relation, doesn’t mean they are people worth having in your life. Would be nice if all parents were like the Cleavers, but there’s a lot more Archie Bunkers out there. Too many abuse and neglect cases out there to condemn anyone for cutting ties with their parents without knowing the details.

Dutch, I’da taken Archie Bunker in a NY minute over my old man.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I haven't seen my daughter from my first marriage for over forty years. She lives about fifteen miles away with her mom.
Don't bother me a bit. I have two fantastic daughters with my second wife and couldn't be happier.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Originally Posted by Dutch

Dutch, I’da taken Archie Bunker in a NY minute over my old man.

I’m sorry, I really am.

What amazes me is that my old man, as far as I can see, was more akin to Cleaver, but both my brother and sister think he was a lot worse than Archie as well. Amazing how much difference 8 yers can make...

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

170 members (300jimmy, 12344mag, 2UP, 163bc, 257 mag, 007FJ, 18 invisible), 1,739 guests, and 924 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,239
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.