Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Remsen
Getting slimed in public is not as bad as it sounds. Because of my legal activism I often get attacked in the media and by left wing groups. At first, I didn't care for it, but the tipping point came when I saw a video of a member of the legislature in Arizona try to attack me, but couldn't pronounce my name and made a fool of herself. Granted, I've never been called a rapist by Senators, but I have been called a murderer by the media and I simply laughed at it when asked for my reaction.

If I knew I'd get to be 1/9th of the crew that gets to uphold the Constitution, I'd do it without a second thought.

Edit: I also have to add that there is no way I'd ever be confirmed. I don't back down from my beliefs and I am blunt. If I were asked about, say, abortion, I'd honestly state that I believe it's killing, and the law does allow for killing in some circumstances. Whether it's murder in any particular case has to be determined based on the facts of what happened. I've actually said this in court before, when an adversary accused me of supporting bans on abortion.

This^^^. But id love to finish off an interview pissing off some leftists and reach up and rub my eye with my middle finger sticking up.

Suckers are insulated and still too gutless to say, "Some people are real dumd bastids" or, "There's a lot of sorry suckers in this country who need killing".

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/21/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
Depends on how many skeletons I had in my closet. I might have a few so I would pass. If you haven't managed your whole life from the start with this kind of scrutiny in mind you wouldn't have a chance.

I doesn't matter if you had 0 skeletons and a squeeky clean record. Which ever party you don't support is going to pick you apart, make up falsehoods, do whatever they can to get you kn ocked down. No freakin' way would I subject my family to living through that.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Put yourself and you family through the coming schidt storm of Supreme Court Justice confirmation as the nominee?

All I can say, is you'd have to be VERY dedicated. And your family would have to understand what's coming as well.

For myself... No.

I just don't have the patience to suffer fools any more. Not that I had much to begin with... wink

Would you?

Capitalize that, and put it in quotes, in my case!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The people who elect to become federal judges, with those being the ones who are most likely to get a shot at the SCOTUS, are not as thin skinned as most of us are. They have learned to "weather the storm" so to speak.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JamesJr
The people who elect to become federal judges, with those being the ones who are most likely to get a shot at the SCOTUS, are not as thin skinned as most of us are. They have learned to "weather the storm" so to speak.

Yeah, I get that.

But watching what the commies do to recent nominee's families is something else again.

They sure don't mind attacking the kids with the same swipe of their sword.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Yeah, I get that.

But watching what the commies do to recent nominee's families is something else again.

They sure don't mind attacking the kids with the same swipe of their sword.

I'll agree, but I believe their dedication to their chosen profession gives them the strength to keep their composure. Otherwise, they'd slap the living Hell out of someone like Schumer or Pelosi.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by wabigoon
The left will furnish their own "skeletons".
No doubt about it....

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
To ensure a conservative/originalist panel of judges for the wellbeing of the U.S. hell yeah I would.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

480 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 2500HD, 45 invisible), 2,588 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,598
Posts18,454,398
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.