-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
My son is joining the Air Force and ships out for Basic Training on December 8th. He's mulled this over for some time, and decided to make the Air Force a career. He tested out very high on his ASVAB and took the test to be a Cryptic Linguist. It was a very tough test, and he passed it. From what we've been told this is a really tough specialty to get into. He'll go to his advanced training and start learning what ever language he's assigned to. He's had a really tough time in a very tight job market down in the Indianopolis area, so this is his choice. Of course we are supporting him whole heartedly, and at the same time are concerned for his well being, and that of his family. He has a wife, a 3 year old daughter, and a 1 year old son. We will go to visit with him right after Thanksgiving before he ships out. My wife will be going back down to spend some time with his wife helping her with the kids. Big changes for all of us for sure.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
smile

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thank him for his service. Middle son was in the USAF. Loved it.

The cow is where you are, the bull is where you want to be.

No one gets something for nothing unless someone else got nothing for something.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Congrats Jeff, and best of luck in the AF Career of his choice...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Congrats! You raised quite a man.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
We're learning about this as we go here. We hope to be able to attend his graduation ceremonies from basic and advanced training. I'd like to get him a good, high quality book on the history of the air force. Can anyone suggest a good candidate for this?

I have a special gift to give him when he graduates his advanced training. Dad was a member of Patton's 3rd Army during WWII. On one of his invasions, his area was straffed and bombed by Ju-87 Stukas. Dad hopped on a .50 cal mounted on a half track and fired every round he could get his hands on at the Stukas. He said you could have walked across the tracer fire they put up, and the Stukas flew right through it. They managed to shoot one down-no idea who actually got it, but when things died down Dad went and found the wreck and pulled an intact tail light beacon off the wreakage. I'm going to give that to my son when he graduates his advanced training. I sure wish Dad could be here to shake his hand and trade salutes with him. I also have a flag which was given to me by my pastor. It had draped his father's coffin when he passed away. He had been a member of the Navy. He wanted Eric to have it.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Our Country needs bright young people like never before. I appreciate his decision and thank him for his commitment to service. You did good raising him!

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Congratulations, and a big thanks for his service!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Congrats, should be a great start to a long career.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Good for you!

Retired cat herder.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Our Country needs bright young people like never before. I appreciate his decision and thank him for his commitment to service. You did good raising him!

This ^^^

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for the support folks. I'll make sure he sees these comments.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
👍🏻

Spook! Lol
Good job!

He will have fun!

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Congrats. Sounds like you raised him right
Neat story about the Stuka tail light.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Congrats Gophergunner, I know the feeling. My youngest son just finished basic for the Coast Guard last Friday. They promoted him out of basic to an E3 based on his performance in basic. He's now assigned to a Cutter in Pensacola. Graduation was closed b/c of Covid, but we are heading out to see him shortly before his cutter gets underway.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
F
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
F
Armed forces needs American Patriots now more than ever.

Well done.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

245 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 264mag, 16penny, 300_savage, 1beaver_shooter, 34 invisible), 2,810 guests, and 1,020 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,631
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.