Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
More info....

Tacs come matte silver with a black bolt now.

TB, CWD and Covid-19 , free so far.....
BP-B2

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
I admit I don’t know much but I am curious why Stillers are t selling like they once did?

Are They any less of an action than previous?

I ask because I am interested in one that is for sale as part of a complete rifle.

I did not expect a 2nd bolt to be $500 but I guess that’s the price to pay...

Being left handed my options are narrower.

Thanks for the responses.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
They still shoot as well as anything out there and my last one (a Wraith) is as slick as any custom action I've ever handled and shoots like a house on fire.

They're just not the flavor of the day with some proprietary and supposedly earth shattering new feature that we didn't know we couldn't live without..

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I purchased a Defiance action from someone on this thread this year. I called Defiance about a second bolt this past week and they quoted $350 for it. Thought I would offer that up as a reference point. Also have owned 2 Stiller’s. Both guns were extremely accurate and no issues.

Just because I am wandering around doesn't mean I am lost.
H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Originally Posted by Takman
I purchased a Defiance action from someone on this thread this year. I called Defiance about a second bolt this past week and they quoted $350 for it. Thought I would offer that up as a reference point. Also have owned 2 Stiller’s. Both guns were extremely accurate and no issues.

The PTG Bolt in my trued 700 SA was $300 with shipping from PTG in the summer of 2015.

I wasn’t expecting $500 but it did not surprise me either: for a switch barrel TAC 300 I think it will be worth it.

IC B2

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Try PTG for the bolt:

http://pacifictoolandgauge.com/stil...dard/3592-choose_right_or_left-left_hand

My stiller is sticky as hell and binds if you look at it sideways. Factory coated bolt. Also, if you want to run an extended wyatt's box, they are not cut for it. Tolerances are known to vary. Feeding is known to be an issue.

Me personally, I wouldn't but another one. Maybe things have changed with new ownership, but for the money I can get a curtis, defiance, or Kelbly for the same price and higher confidence that the action will come out right. At a slightly lower price point they would be more compelling buy.

That sounds negative, but the point is they are really good but the pace of industry is always increasing and there are other very good actions out there for the same or less.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I have used Stiller Predators before when Jerry was still there. When they were using the two piece bolts, I had 2 that came apart; Stiller replaced them promptly with the one piece units.

I have bought a fair share of tubes from Bugholes, no complaints there either.

Now I use Defiance and Kelbly actions for all my builds.

Lots of great options out there for actions, do your research and decide what options are important to you and break open your walet!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
730 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 1234, 66 invisible), 2,960 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,763
Posts18,401,397
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.