J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Whelenman
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Whelenman
It reminds me, how many of you are estranged from you siblings?

I haven’t talked to my brother in 4 or 5 years!

I haven't talked to my Brother in 4 years either Denny. I refuse to associate with selfish self centered asswholes.

What are you trying to say Toby.

I dont think he was saying Toby.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by pal
My sister and I don't talk, ever since I told her:
"When I want any of your feminazi BS I'll call."

Hahaha. God bless you. Sorry for your loss. God be with you.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I text with my siblings daily.

If one or another of us doesn't join the text stream by 0900-1000 hrs, we start asking if anyone has heard from them. I'm near 1000 miles from them, so it's nice this way. Used to try to call regularly, back when there was long distance charges and at times I was 2000-3000 miles away. Made it less likely that I'd call every week, or them call me.

I'm also in semi regular touch with some of their kids. Since I'm so far away I missed a bunch of their lives growing up. It's nice now to be a little more involved.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by savage24
I have a sister who I will speak with if I have to, but if I can avoid it I will. She has mental health issues.

Women. Some curse you in the morning and love you in the evening. Some love you in the morning and curse you in the evening. Some love you in the morning sometimes and hate you in the morning sometimes. Some, well, they never love you. Whatever.

One things for certain. You're always the one who's crazy.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My two brothers, one sister and I were fortunate to grow up in loving spirit and stayed that way as our lives took us in differing directions. Although sometimes spread far apart, we made ways to be together, involved our families in doing so, and knew we had something special. One fundamental driver for all of that was our mutual deep love and respect for our parents.

I am the eldest, and my two dear brothers now have departed. My sister is the youngest and and a lovely person, and we enjoy being siblings. It was very difficult for her when she lost her sweetheart of a husband last February, but she is surrounded by loving kids and grand kids and assures me that she is fine. I do not doubt that.

Our four daughters are extremely close one to another and very much in touch with us - all of which causes strong bonds among our mutual extended family. God has been good to us.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Met my biological father for the first time in 28 years a few months back. Turns out his chosen profession (did 17 years in Fed prison) directly clashes with mine (Corrections). I’ve made it this long without him (35) I figure I can make it the rest of the way without.

Yup.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I get along w my mom, dad, sis and half bro. Never liked my stepdad. He ded. Fugger.

They are all busy doing their own thing, are all well enough off they have no $ worries.
In fact, I have the most college, am the most clean cut.........and am the poorest of the group.
Funny how that happens.

DGAF

I don't bother them, they don't bother me. Not the worst of possibilities.

Now when my grandma was alive (think about her often) we had big 4th of July and Turkey day family reunions, all the aunts/uncles/cousins.
Norman Rockwell stuff.

No BS. She commanded respect and ran it like a Swiss watch.

Zero drama. Could have been, as one uncle was an azzhole, but she wouldn't allow it.

Am thankful for that upbringing, as it was the last of the good times IMHO. Just a different culture.

My ol ladys family a bunch of fuggups. Being foreigners they're just different. Thats the excuse. Nope, they are stupids and losers.
Raised to not be worth a damn at anything. Pretty damn pathetic.

I avoid them.

Last edited by hookeye; 09/21/20.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My sister and I have little in common, but we get together 3-4 times a year for dinner.

OTOH, my wife and I haven't seen or spoken to her brother since their mother died 5 years ago. We understand he's moving to Florida where, given his tendencies, I expect he'll end up being shot by T Lee.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
One brother is my best friend and pretty much we do everything together. Then I have the other brother, he's a liberal, free loading, deadbeat that ripped me off. Honestly, I'm not sure who's going to kill who first. It's hard to believe that someone who has 4 DUI convictions and has had restraining orders against them from previous wives can legally own firearms.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dad passed and I went back East to help clean out his shop which was a huge portion of a very large basement. I was promised his meager firearms collection for years previous to his death. No one else liked firearms. A fake break in was staged before I got there and almost all guns were gone. 1948 S&W K38 masterpiece was special to me, GONE! All handguns "stolen". A few old long guns were all I found. A 32 lemon squeezer was found in closet in a suit hanging from a shoulder rig. I know they were moved by older brother. Extensive old case jackknife collection was gone too.

When Mom passed a few years later older brother became executor of the estate. I was lead to believe that the split would be 1/3 each. He and my sister conspired to keep truth from me. Turns out townhouse was given to sister and they wouldn't tell me. Sister told my brother don't tell me as she was afraid of what I would do. HUH? that was nuts! I began looking into a piece of property near my favorite lake 150 miles away to set up a place to stay. Spent quite a bit of time looking at places and land.

The game changer for me was the DREAM of a place was killed when brother finally came clean 9 months later and that I would get a small portion of the estate. Icould care less it was the misleading and dreaming of a place that hurt not the money. I was told by him that he made an agreement with her that she would get all his possessions in exchange for her helping him when he gets old. They can have each other. It has been almost ten years. I will have nothing to do with either one.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My oldest sister stole from my grandparents, and her own parents. I haven't spoken to her since Dad passed in 2002.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Still in contact with all relatives: biological, step, and in-law.

Some I limit my family's contact with due to their dysfunction. "You need a place to stay for a bit because you are down & out? Fine, but you get drunk or high and that is your last night under my roof," sort of thing.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I tried to have a relationship with my half brother (dads side). He is just sorry though, He did 24 years in military and is broke. He moves from one relative to the other until he uses them up. He hit my mother up to cosign on him a 4200sq ft house because his real mother wouldn't do it. Things went pretty sour after that. Anyway, his wife died a couple years ago and I guess he got a pretty good pay out and we haven't seen him since. He used to love to come up with his family once a month while my parents paid for their dinners and took the grandkids out shopping. Last time I talked to him I invited him and his new wife up to go to a concert in atlanta, i drove, bought tickets, etc. He never thanked me, never hung out with me at show, never offered gas money....whatever....

I have no relationship with my father, hes a narcissist, bipolar to boot....he's living out of motels to my knowledge. He's perfect according to him and has never done anything wrong in his life. He downgrades everyone in order to build himself up. It sucks, i see posts on sites like this and have friends who have great relationships with their fathers....and I just cant have one. He'll never sit in a deerstand with his grandkids, fish, etc...but thats the way he wants it.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Heym06
My children call daily, grandchildren about once a week. My brother is my hunting and fishing buddy! My sisters and i talk regularly! We get together at family gatherings three or four times a year. Usually at fish camp on the coast! I believe we are lucky, we just roll with the different personalities. No real azz wipes, or drunks much nowdays! If you spend three weeks at camp, you will see lots of family! From brothers and sisters, to grand children , nieces, nephews and such! Always some one coming and going, all year!

You are blessed mightily.

I’ll second that!!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by savage24
I have a sister who I will speak with if I have to, but if I can avoid it I will. She has mental health issues.

Women. Some curse you in the morning and love you in the evening. Some love you in the morning and curse you in the evening. Some love you in the morning sometimes and hate you in the morning sometimes. Some, well, they never love you. Whatever.

One things for certain. You're always the one who's crazy.

And many love and share with you until the day they die.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Women. Some curse you in the morning and love you in the evening. Some love you in the morning and curse you in the evening. Some love you in the morning sometimes and hate you in the morning sometimes. Some, well, they never love you. Whatever. One things for certain. You're always the one who's crazy.
One could assume that you are speaking from experience - will have to take your word for it. Hope it gets better.

Never experienced such with my wife, daughters and other ladies in this family. These are secure. honest, sane, balanced and loving women. I feel most fortunate.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
We have a big family by today’s standards and we all get along well. Everyone of my brothers and sisters are city lovers whereas I HATE the city. I’m about as opposite as one could be with my siblings but I love them and would do anything to help them if they needed help. We don’t have to be identical in thoughts and beliefs to love each other and we’re definitely not identical in anyway shape or form.

My mom and dad always prayed that us kids would grow up to care for and love each other. Mom is gone now but she was always proud of how well her kids got along so I hope she’s smiling down on us knowing that her prayers have come true. Dad is still with us, in fact I just spoke with him. We get together for breakfast once a week and talk on the phone regularly. Dad lives with my younger brother which is a perfect situation for dad since he’s lost without mom. I’m proud of my family despite all of our imperfections and I pray that our children will carry on the love and respect for family that seems to have been lost on many. Nothing would break my heart more than knowing my children didn’t get along. I think we’ve raised them right because they are best friends that always have each other’s back.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was blessed with a great family. Very close and loving, in the scandanavian way; never emoted much, but we knew the love was strong. I assumed every family was that way until I got older.

I was a hearing aid practitioner for twenty years and witnessed some sad situations. I usually go to know the patient's extremely well, one of the benefits of being a good listener. Some would become quite melancholy during the holidays as they were not at all close to their children. No holiday visits, even though the children were within an hour drive.

I suspect that some of them created the rifts only to regret it during their latter years.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubt" Bertrand Russell

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Only got one sister. Minimal contact now because she's a democrat.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Throughout my life I have have adhered to the 1500 mile rule. It goes as this.
You must live at least 1500 from ANY blood relative....
If a blood relative moves closer than 1500 miles...you are required to move farther than 1500 miles away.

Has worker great! Will continue to distance myself accordingly.

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (1_deuce, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 240NMC, 69 invisible), 2,365 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,654
Posts18,455,554
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.