-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I will take Graf's everyday of the week. Flat rate shipping, prices always seem lower than Midway.

I pretty much gave up on Midway over 5 years ago, crappy service, long story. I do compare prices and think I have only ordered once from Midway in the last 5 years.

Midway is about one step above the NFL in my book.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Never had problems with either Grafs or Midway. Just put in an order to Grafs for some in stock bullets last night. Web site says they are running 10 -14 business day delay on stuff and 14 business days on powder. Good thing I'm not in a rush but the way things have been I'm probably lucky they even had them in stock.

Last edited by 22250rem; 09/21/20.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Just bought some powder from Midway. Took advantage of the free shipping. No complaints.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
ISAIAH 41:10
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
For me, Midway is the firearms equivalent of Amazon. They have a broad selection. Prices are generally reasonable. Their website makes it easy to buy stuff. And stuff generally shows up in a timely manner.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Graf's takes my C&R FFL as a dealer license and virtually everything is cheaper for me there. I can wait.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I buy from both as well as others and sometimes they have problems.

At the same time they have shipped on time and product was great.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
For those of us that know both the owners, Grafs and Midway, it's pretty clear that Grafs has the confidence of the general public much more than Midway. I was in Graf's retail store this afternoon looking for some Reloader 26 and they were sold out. The shelves in the store are as bare as I've ever seen them. Even the handgun selection was sparse. As far as I know the general public is not welcome at Midway but we are at Grafs.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Jim1611
For those of us that know both the owners, Grafs and Midway, it's pretty clear that Grafs has the confidence of the general public much more than Midway. I was in Graf's retail store this afternoon looking for some Reloader 26 and they were sold out. The shelves in the store are as bare as I've ever seen them. Even the handgun selection was sparse. As far as I know the general public is not welcome at Midway but we are at Grafs.

Irrelevant for 99% of eithers customers that buy mail order.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by tikkanut

free shipping from Graf's or Midsouth ?

Has it ever happened ?

From Grafs after submitting a review. I believe they're a much smaller outfit than Midway.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by EdM

Midway allows pickup, with MO sales tax but don't have a retail location. Room to get in there with a tractor trailer rig too!
No powder pick up btw. It's at another facility.

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 09/21/20.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by tikkanut

well the 20 cal p/dog boolits I ordered were $11/100

Speer 39 grain TNT's

Man..........these things totally destroy a p/dog from my 20-222 @ 3700 fps

Thanks... This is the one useful piece of info out of this thread////

Thanks Tikka...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by EdM

Midway allows pickup, with MO sales tax but don't have a retail location. Room to get in there with a tractor trailer rig too!

I'm not sure you can pick up at this time, at Midway.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Orion2000
For me, Midway is the firearms equivalent of Amazon. They have a broad selection. Prices are generally reasonable. Their website makes it easy to buy stuff. And stuff generally shows up in a timely manner.

This.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
MidwayUSA for me has been an excellent company that I routinely use. Always thought Larry seems like a good guy.

I’ll continue using MidwayUSA.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
It's probably as simple as Grafs doesn't have the dough or the inclination to hire extra bodies. If you hire someone, even a temp, they're going to need training. That costs. If the crunch is expected to be short term, they may decide to take the hit on fulfillment rather than hire and lay off at the end of the boom.

I worked for a company that went through this. Mgt went from guaranteed fulfillment in 24 hours on all orders(which they were not hitting anyway) to 2-tiers. Regular shipments were fulfilled as they could be handled (usually 2-3 day fullfillment). If a distributor wanted faster they could get 1-day turnaround for an extra charge. Our distributors ate that up, because 90% of our stuff was not ordered to fill immediate needs anyway.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I ordered on the 3rd and it arrived yesterday the 21st, order was complete, and within the estimated time for delivery.
Grafs gets most of my needs filled at a decent price. Could be faster,but at least they have what I want.

NRA Benefactor
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Graf's for me. Fairest shipping in the business, good prices. A few years ago, Mr Potterfields little helpers decided I needed more documentation for my business discount. They already had an FFL, a state tax resale number a Fed IRS TPIN. They HAD to have a local business license copy. Well I reside in the rural county. The county does not issue business licenses, they want to have people like me purchase a City (county seat) business license, which I informed Potterfield's little dwarfs of, I also told them that I didn't want to buy a business license in a city 38 miles distant. Nope, when the dwarves speak...customers tremble to obey. Potterfield can kiss my disgusting white wrinkled antique ass.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I order from Midway, Grafs and Midsouth. Midway has always been the fastest shipping in my experience. I do prefer ordering component bullets and brass from Grafs and most everything else comes from Midway. I use Midsouth if they have what I'm looking for and the others are out of stock.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I've used Natchez, Midsouth Shooters, Grafs, MidwayUSA and Cabela's over the years for online orders and have been happy with all of them. I've used MidwayUSA the most by far though because they had the best website most easily navigated. I recently made an order the first week of Aug and promptly cancelled it when I saw the expected delivery date of 9/3. Maybe they would have beat that delivery date substantially, but I took them at their word it would take 3 weeks and wasn't going to wait that long. None of the items were listed as out of stock or backorder.

Midway has made changes to their website that I don't care for. I think their website has gone backwards when it comes to quickly filtering searches for items. IMO, the website was better ten years ago than it is today in that regard.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by EdM

I'm not sure you can pick up at this time, at Midway.

Fugging Kungflu!

#neverforget

--- Kid Rock 2022

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

136 members (280ACKIMP, 44mc, 7887mm08, 35, 6mmCreedmoor, 338rcm, 14 invisible), 1,293 guests, and 838 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,223
Posts18,447,513
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.