Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Birdie, in your divorce who got the little toy poodle?

Reason I ask is that I have one now 11 years old and can’t imagine giving that little guy up to anyone for any reason.

When my Ex left she left everyone, including me, along with our with three dogs and two cats.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Crusader
My sister-in-law (my wife's sister) is estranged from her 34-year old son (my nephew), his wife, and 2 grandkids. This son is my SIL's only child. She was divorced when the son was about 2-years old and she raised him on her own, worked her rear off, had him in private schools. Was a great mother to him. He met this selfish, whacked-out girl in college, got married a year after graduation. He's an engineer, wife a nurse. Smart people. His job has moved him to several different cities in the Midwest and Ohio valley areas. My SIL would occasionally visit. Long story short, there were a few family incidents/problems that arose and the daughter-in-law basically drove my nephew and his mom apart. The family lives in Pennsylvania and my SIL in Missouri and they have forbidden my SIL from seeing her grandkids (ages 10 and 8) basically, forever. I can't really comprehend how an adult child can turn on his parent and do and say the things he has to her; basically, she cries herself to sleep every night. A 64-year old grandmother who can never see or even have any communication with her grandchildren. Very sad. I pray that the son will have a change of heart and the courage to do the right thing and forgive and forget. At least maybe when the grandkids are old enough to be on their own things will change but who knows if my SIL will still be alive at that point....

I would write him a letter. This is worth the effort.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
My 2 brother in laws have no contact with their children or grandchildren...historically, there was no abuse, simply neglect. They were always "too busy" for children. I suspect they are lonely in their old age now, they are on the phone to my wife a lot, but it's too late for their kids, they burned their bridges long ago. My opinion is, kids require an investment of the most precious commodity of all, your time and patience.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Reason I ask is that I have one now 11 years old and can’t imagine giving that little guy up to anyone for any reason.

When my Ex left she left everyone, including me, along with our with three dogs and two cats.

Who got the family Bible?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
My parents won't return my calls or texts.

Which is hurtful because I really need to borrow more money if I'm going to get the motorcycle I want.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
i once had a son, stepson, but still we both identified as son, in process of dieing from breast cancer. introduced my first cousin to the family, big mistake. I was semisupporting the family, very rough time. my cousin in had been estranged from for years due to his evil nature, wife convinced me to give him another chance. found out from daughter in laws relative she, the daughter in law most likely banging this cousin while son on death bed.
shortly after his death, talking on the phone to cousin, said he had had a wild weekend, puts daughter in law on phone. i told them both, no mas, goodbye. t hat has been about 15years ago. sad part is son had children now adults with kids of their own, that don't know my wife, their grandmother.
All of this is okay with them, as cousin is quite wealthy and they stand to get quite a bit of money when he dies.
said cousin defrauded his own mother and sister too.
I tell people he has the mark of cain on his forehead.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I know a guy, who I no longer consider a friend, who ostracized his daughter causing her two sisters and mom to ostracize her also. She married a guy with different religious views than him. Supposedly followed “biblical guidelines”. He has a grandchild or two that have pretty much not known their extended family. I think that the guy would send Christmas presents. SMH. Family is family no matter what good or bad. It ain’t always easy and sometimes it’s near impossible but disowning a child is a bridge too far for me.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
My parents won't return my calls or texts.

Which is hurtful because I really need to borrow more money if I'm going to get the motorcycle I want.

Hey we are all brothers here,,, how much you need?

Last edited by 79S; 09/22/20.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
My wife is estranged from her dad. When she was little he took a job across the country managing a nursing home. The plan was for him to get established, then move his family out there. He starting banging the laundry lady at the nursing home almost immediately. Her husband had recently died under some suspicions circumstances, and she had a young son. He ended up leaving his family, marrying the laundry lady, and raising her son. Leaving my wife and her brothers bouncing around from rent house to rent house. While he lived a lavish life of beach houses, and boats, and new cars. Using the college degree my wife’s mother had paid for to BS his way into all kinds of high paying City Government management positions. We’ve gone out to see him a couple times, but it’s nothing more than listening to him brag about how successful he’s been. And showing off whatever new boat, or other toy he’s purchased. And talking about what a great father he is. We quit going, wife quit talking to him.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave

Who got the family Bible?

Left that here too.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Just one, sad really

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My "kids" (all adults) haven't had anything to do with their mother for almost 5 years. She no longer "exists" to them.
Between them and her!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
my dad has not talked to my youngest brother since shortly after my mom died, he came to my house let himself into my dads apt and took some documents relate to our mother from my dads gun safe. we found out after she had died that she had been paying his bills so now he blames us for all his failures, his Business failing and losing jobs and stuff. His problems are because of his personalty he offends people, has no filters and is a paranoid person.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
When I was a kid my Mom used to beat the hell out of me with a wooden board. I got it about twice a month, for 10 or 11 years.
It caused me a lot of problems, when I was 8 years old, I had a recurrent nightmare about being chased around my house by a Wicked Witch. And the witch had
my Mom's face. I would wake up sweating from that nightmare and I had it repeatedly for years.

Finally, I was 15 years old, she came up into my bedroom, mad about something, and she pulled my belt out of my pants that were setting on the chair there, and she was screaming at me and was going to give me a whipping with my own belt. At that point, she hadn't hit me in about a year.
And I realized, I was a varsity football player, I was lifting weights, and I was bigger and stronger than the old bitch.
I grabbed the belt out of her hands, and told her to get the hell out of my room. And I said "You have hit me for the last time!"

She ran from the room crying. She never tried to hit me again.
That was a turning point in my life, I realized that I had physical strength and could stand up to evil forces in the universe.
And, I realized that there are physical bullies in the world, who will beat you up, just because they are stronger than you are.
That is why I took karate for 3 years, and that is why I have loaded pistols in the house. I don't intend to be bullied any more. If a bully knows
you will fight back and they might get hurt, they will go looking for someone who is weak.

She died a month ago, I don't miss her much. I see stories on tv or in the movies where someone describes their Mom as their best friend. That idea is just mind boggling to me, that you could be friends with your mom.

if I woulda done that to my mother my father would have beaten the hell out of me

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Will agree with the earlier statements that it doesn't matter if its blood relative or not. Some things are intolerable.

If you want to be estranged from me, drugs will do it. Any level of drugs whatsoever.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stxhunter
my dad has not talked to my youngest brother since shortly after my mom died, he came to my house let himself into my dads apt and took some documents relate to our mother from my dads gun safe. we found out after she had died that she had been paying his bills so now he blames us for all his failures, his Business failing and losing jobs and stuff. His problems are because of his personalty he offends people, has no filters and is a paranoid person.

Deflave is your brother???

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

This too shall pass.

You may have been blessed in a roundabout way.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
[

This too shall pass.

You may have been blessed in a roundabout way.

Its rough when they leave, worse if they don't.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I keep saying to young parents
:
If you raise them wrong, they never move out. They stay in the basement playing video games and doing drugs.
If you raise them right, they move out. They don't need you for anything and you are left lonely.

When asked if there is no hope, I say "grandkids"

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Family and relatives aren't necessarily the same people.

I was a shock when I got married and realized my wife's family actually like each other for the most part. I'd never known anything like that.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

379 members (1Longbow, 1lesfox, 2500HD, 160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 39 invisible), 1,797 guests, and 972 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,062
Posts18,463,364
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.