Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
His hand was right over the barrel. So it made a hole about 3/4 inch diameter in the hand.
Were they able to save his hand?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
They were able to save the hand, but it was useless! I had bbs up to his shoulder. I remember him screaming my hand my hand. It looked like a pound of hamburger! It was 60 years ago, and I remember like yesterday!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Chopping silage as some have already pointed out. Krone chopper I saw pictured in another article is 1100+ horsepower.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Good reason to check in each day you hunt, or better the day before if it is off hours at staring time..

Poor kid though...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Took the kid to the big city for medical today.
Some corn had been chopped for a while.

But...........I saw a bean field harvested and no chit............a grain truck on side of picked cornfield. The gold visible in the trailer.

Dunno WTH that was about.

Stuff is yellowed most places, but not yet dull tan like normal harvest color.

And.............yeah, you can hunt standing cornfields. Would think windy is best.
But I have a corn allergy and getting sick and cut up trying to slide through that, w a 58" recurve............screw that.

CRP and corn are hell on strings/cables too.

IC B2

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
another fatality in the same area:

LiveWeatherElectionsCoronavirusSportsEmailsContestsMore
Expand / Collapse search
Boy, 11, shot and killed by stepfather during deer hunt in St. Clair County

CLAY TWP, Mich. (FOX 2) - An 11-year-old boy has died after he was shot by his stepfather while hunting deer on private property in Clay Township in St. Clair County.

The Clay Township Police Department said the shooting happened around 8 p.m. in the 6300 block of Benoit Road Sunday.

Clay Township Police said the 11-year-old was with his family in the woods, hunting for deer, when witnesses heard gunshots and saw the boy on the ground. The child had been hit by a round that was discharged by his 40-year-old stepfather.

According to police, the boy was being treated by family members when police arrived and CPR was being performed. While they were there, police said another gunshot went off.

Police said the child's mother had shot herself in the hand as she was trying to unload a gun and it mistakenly went off.

The boy was taken to McLaren Hospital Macomb where he was later pronounced dead.

His stepfather is currently in custody and the case is being reviewed by the St. Clair County Prosecutor's Office.

The boy is the second hunting-related death in eastern Michigan. On Saturday, a 14-year-old boy was killed when he apparently fell asleep in a cornfield and was run over by a harvester.

This past weekend was Michigan's Liberty Hunt, open specifically for minors and hunters with disabilities.

More details on this from local media. Stepfather is a two time felon who has done a nickel and a dime in the pen for firearms related crimes. The deceased boy's mother married this dipstick. The boy wounded a deer, and two relatives from his father's family were helping him search for the deer. The stepfather was in the woods separately, and thought he saw a deer and hosed the woods with 8 rounds from his 9MM. One round went through the boy's head. Since the stepfather was a felon and couldn't own a gun, his kind hearted wife (and the boy's mother) bought a 9MM and gave it to him. Wife/mother was trying to unload this weapon when she ventilated her hand.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Horrible.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Stepfather is a convicted felon who has served time on firearms violations. So he is out "deer hunting" with a 9mm and he accidentally kills his stepson.
He is going away for a long, long time.
And his loving wife bought the pistol and gave it to him. She is a straw buyer and she is going to jail also.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Stepfather is a convicted felon who has served time on firearms violations. So he is out "deer hunting" with a 9mm and he accidentally kills his stepson.
He is going away for a long, long time.
And his loving wife bought the pistol and gave it to him. She is a straw buyer and she is going to jail also.

The waffen ATF will probably plead it down to misdemeanor charges. They are only interested in convincing Legal Gun Owners

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
No corn yet, silage time now.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
The kid is a terrible loss but his mom and stepdad sound like Darwin award contestants. Jfc if Michigan didn't have enough problems.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Chopping silage as some have already pointed out. Krone chopper I saw pictured in another article is 1100+ horsepower.

I don't really know how a chopper could kill a man in a corn field by "running over him" in the conventional sense. The cutting head on those machines extends beyond the wheelbase by three to four feet on each side, and they usually have a eight to ten foot wheelbase.

I well know a couple guys who own and operate such choppers. They occasionally run a stray mule deer through the chopper without a hiccup. The deer just gets chopped, and goes into the silage pit. There might be a short flash of red in the chopper stream going into the harvest truck. IF anyone were to be watching close enough.

No matter the scenario, what a tragic loss for the family. I sincerely hope the young man did not go through the chopper.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (1OntarioJim, 224th, 222Sako, 204guy, 222ND, 10gaugeman, 39 invisible), 1,960 guests, and 1,114 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,064
Posts18,463,464
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.