Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
ajf55 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
This past summer I stumbled upon a garage sale full of Mauser action, barrels, stocks and parts from the estate of a deceased gunsmith. I bought everything they had, I have approximately 17 barreled actions of various types and other actions.. A lot of it is partially put together, not much is fully ready. What is a good way to find out value, as I don’t want the majority of it. Any help you guys can provide is greatly appreciated.[Linked Image]

Attached Images
Last edited by ajf55; 09/22/20.
GB1

A
ajf55 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
More pictures

Attached Images
z1r Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ajf55
.... What is a good way to find out value, as I don’t want the majority of it. Any help you guys can provide is greatly appreciated.

No way to place a value without knowing what you have there. Individual pictures that clearly show what the receiver, etc. is will go a long way. Descriptions will also help. Otherwise, its worth what you paid for it.

Last edited by z1r; 09/22/20.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Details and detailed pics would give folks something to estimate rather than guess on.

All I see are stocks.

Devil is in the details and here are none here!

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
W
WTF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
And you bought the lot not knowing exactly what you have ??

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Looks like a lot of cool stuff.

I need a sporter stock for a 98. Whatcha got!?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would guess that if you didn't pay lot of money for that stuff, you have good chance of making some pretty good money. Mostly with the barreled actions or just the actions.
If those stocks are good wood and not screwed up, they would be worth looking at.
I have a guy in mind that would like to see your purchase! Besides me grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WTF

At garage sale prices? I'll bet he did good!

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
I'd certainly be interested in some barrelled actions depending on what there may be. Feel free to PM.

The way life should be.
A
ajf55 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by kennymauser
Originally Posted by WTF

At garage sale prices? I'll bet he did good!

Agreed, I believe I got a very good deal.

I have a gunsmith locally asking me to give him a price on the whole lot, just not sure what to give without a ton of research.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This past summer I stumbled upon a garage sale full of Mauser action, barrels, stocks and parts from the estate of a deceased gunsmith. I bought everything they had, I have approximately 17 barreled actions of various types and other actions.

Don't take this personally, but I hate you. Solely from envy.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
A
ajf55 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus
This past summer I stumbled upon a garage sale full of Mauser action, barrels, stocks and parts from the estate of a deceased gunsmith. I bought everything they had, I have approximately 17 barreled actions of various types and other actions.

Don't take this personally, but I hate you. Solely from envy.

Understood and appreciated.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Depending on your patience level and time you can devote to it, often your junkier rougher Mauser metal parts will do very well on Ebay if you price them 20 or 30% below others asking prices.
We never thought we would see Mauser parts dry up, but it happened, and now you will see stuff like new Mauser extractors actually moving at 30 bucks a pop. Look at Sarco's website for more ideas.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I'll give you $200

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
J/K put it all on gunbroker in separate lots or at least not as one whole package (more money) . set a cheap opening bid and no reserve

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I'm interested in what you've got. I'm looking to build a mauser as a winter project

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
There was a time I would've envied you your situation. Now, I would probably cherry pick the choice items and squirrel them away for future projects (which may or may not happen), and then make someone an offer they can't refuse on the rest to at least recoup my investment or maybe make a buck or two.

Piecemealing to maximize profit is fine and dandy if you have the time and inclination.

Any '03 Springfield stuff in that melange? I am on the scrounge for a sporter stock for one with which to assemble a nice early wartime Remington '03 (not 03A3) barreled action into a hunting rifle. (No, I don't want to re-militarize it. I have a safe full of those- all the bases covered- but I realize I'm lacking a good old home built Bubba'ed sporter. grin)

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
A
ajf55 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
There was a time I would've envied you your situation. Now, I would probably cherry pick the choice items and squirrel them away for future projects (which may or may not happen), and then make someone an offer they can't refuse on the rest to at least recoup my investment or maybe make a buck or two.

Piecemealing to maximize profit is fine and dandy if you have the time and inclination.

Any '03 Springfield stuff in that melange? I am on the scrounge for a sporter stock for one with which to assemble a nice early wartime Remington '03 (not 03A3) barreled action into a hunting rifle. (No, I don't want to re-militarize it. I have a safe full of those- all the bases covered- but I realize I'm lacking a good old home built Bubba'ed sporter. grin)

I definitely appreciate all the advice, still not sure what I am going to do, bust post above is pretty close to my thoughts and probable plan.

I do have two ‘03 barreled actions and military stocks, I think, However, do not believe I have any sporter stocks for the 03.

Last edited by ajf55; 09/24/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
To get maximum return, you'll need to take each item in turn and do the research. GB is a good place to do comps and get an idea of market value. Lotta work, which is probably why you scored this bundle. I'd pick out the choice bits for myself and try to bulk market the rest because I've had a job, and ain't looking for another.

Any commercial actions in there?

What fresh Hell is this?
A
ajf55 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Any commercial actions in there?

Yes, I have a Model 770A EHM 30-06 says “Made in West Germany” complete barreled action. I also have an unmarked Mauser that has “Heym .284 1-25-95 WR” on barrel, not completed though. And also a Winchester Model 70 in 270 barreled action. I think the rest are all former military.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 1234, 72 invisible), 2,459 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,828
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.