-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yet another straw man from Burns. Have fun waiting. I don’t play those childish games. Not to mention that pics of dead critters have about zero to do with the quality of the scope. Not to mention that anybody can post pics of other people with dead critters. Not to mention that the scopes I use, and most of the world’s best scopes, come out of Japan (and Canada!), not China. Not to mention...

But I actually agree with your original statement. If only...

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
If only the Best Scopes in the World were made right here in the good ol USA.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

I really like their hats.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well Jordy, let's break this word salad down, Barney Style.

Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Yet another straw man from Burns. Have fun waiting. I don’t play those childish games. Not to mention that pics of dead critters have about zero to do with the quality of the scope. Not to mention that anybody can post pics of other people with dead critters. Not to mention that the scopes I use, and most of the world’s best scopes, come out of Japan (and Canada!), not China. Not to mention...

Yet another straw man from Burns. Have fun waiting. I don’t play those childish games. Not to mention that pics of dead critters have about zero to do with the quality of the scope.

If I had zero pictures of critters I might also think successful hunts have zero to do with the quality of the scope. Funny thing is why are you yip yapin if the quality of the scope is not important? shocked

Inquiring minds want to know.

Not to mention that anybody can post pics of other people with dead critters.

Yet you can't. Hmmm. shocked

Not to mention that the scopes I use, and most of the world’s best scopes, come out of Japan (and Canada!), not China. Not to mention...

Well Lil Feller, post up some pictures of those wonderful Japanese and Kanuck optics you use in the field.

Again, I'll wait. laugh

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by sdgunslinger
Burris leaving the Philippines ??

lol

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by GeoW
If it must be made in China require sellers to be up front and label it in big letters, "Made In China".

Let us make the decision without trying to slip Chinese schit by us consumers on the sly.

g

Phucqking eh right!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well Jordy, let's break this word salad down, Barney Style.

Yet another straw man from Burns. Have fun waiting. I don’t play those childish games. Not to mention that pics of dead critters have about zero to do with the quality of the scope.

If I had zero pictures of critters I might also think successful hunts have zero to do with the quality of the scope. Funny thing is why are you yip yapin if the quality of the scope is not important? shocked

Inquiring minds want to know.

Ugh. We've been through this a thousand times. There are PLENTY of pics of successful hunts with a $50 scope mounted on the rifle. When considering mechanical failure rates, hitting a target the size of an elk once does not establish correct mechanical function. A couple of negatives (non-failures) are nothing more than a false positive result, and do nothing to establish mechanical integrity. I have to think that you're more intelligent than this. Or maybe you just have something to gain by falsely promoting Leupold's mechanical integrity? Sheesh, Burns. Your sales tactics are overbearing, spamming every thread you possibly can with your rhetoric and sales agenda. Give it a rest.

Not to mention that anybody can post pics of other people with dead critters.

Yet you can't. Hmmm. shocked

Don't confuse "can't" with "won't". If you're craving my kill pics so badly, do a search on here and you'll find a select few of them. I post my pics when I choose to, on my terms, not because some troll is goading me into it.

Not to mention that the scopes I use, and most of the world’s best scopes, come out of Japan (and Canada!), not China. Not to mention...

Well Lil Feller, post up some pictures of those wonderful Japanese and Kanuck optics you use in the field.

Again, I'll wait. laugh

It's really a shame that you've become so condescending and narcissistic on here over the years. You used to be a nice fella. A LEGEND in your own mind, that's for sure. Carry on, don't let me change your mind. Not that it's possible.

I'm done here. Good luck on your hunts this fall, John.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
If only the Best Scopes in the World were made right here in the good ol USA.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

I'm sorry, is there a scope in this picture?

CWT Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think John Burns is on the Meth!!!!

Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store; not a government agency.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I recently purchased a Burris handgun scope. 2-7x32 posi lock. Imagine my disappointment when I saw thst it was made in the Philippines. I should have spent another $200 and got a Leupold. I have 3 other Burris scopes that are American made.

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

It's really a shame that you've become so condescending and narcissistic on here over the years. You used to be a nice fella. A LEGEND in your own mind, that's for sure. Carry on, don't let me change your mind. Not that it's possible.

I'm done here. Good luck on your hunts this fall, John.

Probably your best play but one wonders why you post snarky passive aggressive (proper use of the term) comments and then whine when I respond?

If you don't want or are not able to discuss it's better to just keep quiet.

Good Luck to you also. smile

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by keith
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Got to stay competitive on the price point!

Americans are hooked on cheap goods....all the masses care about is, "how much?"

I'll take counterpoint on that. As is evidenced in this thread and so many more, a lot of us gun owner types are purposefully avoiding made in China products to the extent that we practically can.

Just not enough of us think this way.

CEO's are responsible to the board of directors, Gross Profit Dollars/Gross profit percent and this all leads to bonus.

In the early 80's, they started shipping all the clothing manufacturing to Mexico and South America, then Mexico, then China. Everytime you saw the phrase, XYZ company just got approved to be a Most Favored Status nation, there goes thousands of American Jobs.

Wake up America!

"Built in America" is going to cost 30% or more to the cost of the item, which I am all for...sooner the better.

True enough. That situation is created by legislators, at state and federal levels, who think that every entity has an endless pot of money to pay in to the government trough to be distributed by the enlightened few. People like to claim that it is business who just wants to screw us. I've got news for those people. Businesses don't exist for altruistic reasons. They exist for one reason and one reason only and that is to make money for their owners or shareholders, period. Markets have a way of finding a natural balance whereby the business can charge as much as they possibly can while still having buyers willing to pay that amount such that it maximizes profits and maintains a customer base. You can call that evil if you want. But, then volunteer your own pay cut. The problem is that know-it-all legislators, at all levels, get their stupid little fingers involved in everything and mess it all up for everybody. Here endeth the rant. Holy crap!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Fuuck Burris. We should demand COO clearly listed on everything advertised. Sons of bitches.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
And our Christian friends in the Philippines are left with..... Damn you Burris!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Torqued
I recently purchased a Burris handgun scope. 2-7x32 posi lock. Imagine my disappointment when I saw thst it was made in the Philippines. I should have spent another $200 and got a Leupold. I have 3 other Burris scopes that are American made.

Burris has had scopes manufactured in the Phillipines for years, using equipment they provided, by workers they trained. The quality is as good as ever, maybe a bit better. The Phillipine government isn't trying to destroy the U.S. and AFIK, Phillipine companies aren't owned by their military like many Chinese ones. Do you also avoid optics made in Japan, Germany, Austria?

By all means buy what makes you happy. Doing a bit of research beforehand will let you avoid buying stuff made in places you don't like.

What fresh Hell is this?
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by TheBigSky

Markets have a way of finding a natural balance whereby the business can charge as much as they possibly can while still having buyers willing to pay that amount such that it maximizes profits and maintains a customer base. You can call that evil if you want. But, then volunteer your own pay cut. The problem is that know-it-all legislators, at all levels, get their stupid little fingers involved in everything and mess it all up for everybody. Here endeth the rant. Holy crap![/quote]

Well said and the truth. Here in lies the difference between crony capitalism and true capitalism. Democracy vs Republic.

" Crony capitalism is an economic system in which businesses thrive not as a result of risk, but rather as a return on money amassed through a nexus between a business class and the political class."

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Burris has had scopes manufactured in the Phillipines for years, using equipment they provided, by workers they trained. The quality is as good as ever, maybe a bit better. The Phillipine government isn't trying to destroy the U.S. and AFIK, Phillipine companies aren't owned by their military like many Chinese ones. Do you also avoid optics made in Japan, Germany, Austria?

By all means buy what makes you happy. Doing a bit of research beforehand will let you avoid buying stuff made in places you don't like.

I wonder how much those Philippine workers are paid in comparison to the American worker?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Things can be damned tough in the Phil, you're free to work hard and free to starve, but, you ain't assigned a job by the .gov, nor are you forced to abort your babies by the communist party.

Burris, ya'll listening?

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by Pappy348

I wonder how much those Philippine workers are paid in comparison to the American worker?

Likely in the neighborhood of $5-6 per day, could be a little more, possibly some sort of modest benefits... For sure it beats working sugar cane for $1/day.

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 09/24/20.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Americans are hooked on cheap goods....all the masses care about is, "how much?"

I'll take counterpoint on that. As is evidenced in this thread and so many more, a lot of us gun owner types are purposefully avoiding made in China products to the extent that we practically can.

CEO's are responsible to the board of directors, Gross Profit Dollars/Gross profit percent and this all leads to bonus.

In the early 80's, they started shipping all the clothing manufacturing to Mexico and South America, then Mexico, then China. Everytime you saw the phrase, XYZ company just got approved to be a Most Favored Status nation, there goes thousands of American Jobs.

Wake up America!

"Built in America" is going to cost 30% or more to the cost of the item, which I am all for...sooner the better.

True enough. That situation is created by legislators, at state and federal levels, who think that every entity has an endless pot of money to pay in to the government trough to be distributed by the enlightened few. People like to claim that it is business who just wants to screw us. I've got news for those people. Businesses don't exist for altruistic reasons. They exist for one reason and one reason only and that is to make money for their owners or shareholders, period. Markets have a way of finding a natural balance whereby the business can charge as much as they possibly can while still having buyers willing to pay that amount such that it maximizes profits and maintains a customer base. You can call that evil if you want. But, then volunteer your own pay cut. The problem is that know-it-all legislators, at all levels, get their stupid little fingers involved in everything and mess it all up for everybody. Here endeth the rant. Holy crap!

We are all to blame, first and foremost. As Americans we demand cheap goods. As a result we live off the backs of 3rd world labor. Companies are endlessly engaged in a race to the bottom in terms of labor. Legislation (mostly) just reflects what we want. Our current economy is a bit of a fantasy that is ultimately not sustainable in its current reliance on 3rd world wages.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Brad

Wake up America!

We are all to blame, first and foremost. As Americans we demand cheap goods. As a result we live off the backs of 3rd world labor. Companies are endlessly engaged in a race to the bottom in terms of labor. Legislation (mostly) just reflects what we want. Our current economy is a bit of a fantasy that is ultimately not sustainable in its current reliance on 3rd world wages.

Well said Brad ^^^

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

110 members (10gaugemag, 358WCF, 673, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 30Gibbs, 14 invisible), 1,659 guests, and 890 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,652
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.