Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'm probably not telling alot of guys on here anything they don't already know but I've been experimenting in cooking pot roast for the last 8 months or so and I think I have it dialed in now.

This is the recipe - a good marbled roast,put it in the crock pot, season it with lowrys on both sides, then add this
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

then throw in a bag of either frozen stew vegetables or italian mix vegetables, I prefer italian, and a can of small whole potatoes.

add about 2 cups of water and cook on low for about 6 hours, then turn to keep warm until you're ready to serve

damn, that makes a good pot roast, and the gravy or whatever you call it is like au jus - just dip a hard roll in it. I often just have bread and the gravy the next day for lunch.

also tonight my wife made fish tacos.We got some fresh salmon, cooked it in a mexican seasoning sauce, and she made a fish sauce out of buttermilk, ranch, jalapeno and a couple of other things, cut up cilantro, red cabbage, chives and throw in some cotija cheese

that was the best fish taco I've ever had - and I've eaten them in San Diego and Pasadena before. good stuff

Last edited by KFWA; 09/23/20.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
red potatos

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
For my wife and I it is just a well made quality meat beef burger, grilled with our choice of cheese and seasoning. We really can't eat steak anymore.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Sounds good. I'll look for that seasoning.

One of my simple but good eats is very simple. I buy some refried beans and tortillas. Heat the beans in a pan on the stove, roll them up in the tortillas,.then sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on them and microwave until the cheese melts.

Get them out, add sour cream and taco sauce.

Well prepared bean burritos are good stuff.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Pear, peach, apple, deer, elk....

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
If the only meat I could ever have again was one, it would be burger. I like a good burger, casserole, chili, or spaghetti sauce as well as a steak, anyway. And to never have smoked meatloaf again? Hell with that!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I do this but without the peppers, add boiled new potatoes from the can and peeled baby carrots and a can or two of cream of mushroom soup.

https://www.thecountrycook.net/crock-pot-mississippi-pot-roast

It will change your world.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hamburger Helper

That stuff’s good even without the meat

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
My Mom’s pot road is outstanding! I always bribe her for a pot roast in return for a hard days work around her house. She always browns both sides in a cast iron pan, then slow cooks it all day. She always adds a can of beer to it while it is slow cooking.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm still trying to get over the idea of using canned vegetables in a pot roast -- and then we go to canned POTATOES? CANNED POTATOES? CANNED?

I don't even know who you people are anymore.....

Edited to add: I put a roast in the marinade last Sunday, for Sauerbraten dinner upcoming Sunday. And that's rushing the recipe.....

Canned potatoes.... pffft.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Couple of "new" potatoes (Modoc reds) from the garden, a squash of the acorn variety, two cloves of roasted garlic, some milk and butter, mash 'em all up.

Spoon em in a bowl, black pepper, hot pepper flakes, and some shredded Parmesan and Romano cheese mix on 'em.

Simple dinner last night.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Man, I ain’t a food snob.

Packet of seasoning? Cool.
Frozen veg? Well, ok if you don’t have any in the fridge.

Canned potatoes? WTF?

Lol.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dutch
I'm still trying to get over the idea of using canned vegetables in a pot roast -- and then we go to canned POTATOES? CANNED POTATOES? CANNED?

Edited to add: I put a roast in the marinade last Sunday, for Sauerbraten dinner upcoming Sunday. And that's rushing the recipe.....

Canned potatoes.... pffft.

Hah!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dutch

I used to love those canned new 'taters Dutch, take them camping, slice 'em up and fry them until brown in the bacon grease, have them with my eggs and bacon.

Now that I grow my own taters, I get new 'taters right out of the ground. Not a can anymore.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Couple of "new" potatoes (Modoc reds) from the garden, a squash of the acorn variety, two cloves of roasted garlic, some milk and butter, mash 'em all up.

Spoon em in a bowl, black pepper, hot pepper flakes, and some shredded Parmesan and Romano cheese mix on 'em.

Simple dinner last night.

Fav of mine too

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Navajo Tacos, or fry bread with honey.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
The old classic beef roast with Campbell's cream of mushroom soup and dry Lipton onion soup in a slow cooker is #1 in my book. Follow the recipe on the can and/or box, add your veggies, and it'll all be gone before you know it.

Bonus food - back when I was a kid my mother would make "pennies & potatoes", which is just hot dog slices and diced potato done in a skillet with a little salt, pepper and garlic. Butter or olive oil, whatever you've got. Crushed red pepper if you're in the mood. Great cheap food.

Work is what you do to finance your real life.....
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

For me it's my wife's pot roast.

2 - 3 lb whole chuck roast with a little fat in it, rolled in salt and pepper seasoned flour, carrots, onion, whole potatoes, stalk or two of celery, Worcestershire sauce, cooked in covered electric skillet until tender.

Leftovers make a delicious vegetable soup with a can or bag of frozen mixed veggies, sweet corn and cut okra added.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hamburg/rice/brown gravy.

All sloppily mixed together.

Lots of black pepper on it.

Yum

In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just had some jalapeno/cheddar wild pig brats with Beaver Deli Mustard that were legit.

Probably even make a turd.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 10Glocks, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 52 invisible), 2,650 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,565
Posts18,453,783
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.