Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deerstalker
[Linked Image from i.imgflip.com]

LMFAO !

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Has anyone actually secured some of that hydroxychloroquine stuff? Can you get it here in the States easily? Depending on the shelf life, it may be worth having in the event of another outbreak of something worse down the road. I'm not advocating people take random drugs. But if a virus broke out that was much worse than what we're seeing now, I would take it.

Let's take it a step further.

Suppose the (a) government infected people intentionally..

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
It does not take a rocket scientist to see that the hydroxy does offer support at least in the early stages for those who are sick. Someone posted the following link in another thread. Read the article, it’s worth your time. There will not be a second wave because we have herd immunity or are near it already.

https://hubpages.com/politics/Pfize...Positives-for-New-Cases-Pandemic-is-Over

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Has anyone actually secured some of that hydroxychloroquine stuff? Can you get it here in the States easily? Depending on the shelf life, it may be worth having in the event of another outbreak of something worse down the road. I'm not advocating people take random drugs. But if a virus broke out that was much worse than what we're seeing now, I would take it.

Hydroxychloroquine is synthetic quinine. You can get the real deal made from the Cinchona trees bark. I posted this information months ago. I have been taking zinc and Quinine bark pills since this began. No you cannot get Hydroxychloroquine without a prescription. If you have a good doctor and don't live in one of the moron states where governors said they wouldn't let it be used your doctor should prescribe it to you.

Last edited by rickt300; 09/23/20.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by rickt300

Hydroxychloroquine is synthetic quinine. You can get the real deal made from the Cinchona trees bark. I posted this information months ago. I have been taking zinc and Quinine bark pills since this began. No you cannot get Hydroxychloroquine without a prescription. If you have a good doctor and don't live in one of the moron states where governors said they wouldn't let it be used.

They recommend zinc and a z-pac also for the infected.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Herd immunity ?

Newsweek
Brazilian City Ravaged by Coronavirus Reached Herd Immunity in Just Months, Study Finds

A city in the Brazilian Amazon reached the herd immunity threshold for coronavirus after it swept through with little to no measures in place to stop infection, a study has found.

The city of Manaus, with a population of over two million, was one of the worst hit cities for COVID-19 cases in Brazil. No lockdown was implemented and no major steps were taken to limit the spread of the virus. The first case was reported there in the middle of March. Within two months, hospitals were overwhelmed and the death rate was far above the average for Brazil.

Now, an international team of researchers has assessed the proportion of the population in Manaus that was infected with coronavirus at its peak, and how cases fell in the aftermath, concluding herd immunity had been achieved. This is where such a large proportion of the population has been infected with a disease that it is no longer able to spread at a significant rate.

The preprint study that appears on the website medrxiv.org has not been peer reviewed or published in a scientific journal, meaning it has not been assessed by a panel of experts to assess the validity of the findings. As such, the results should be taken with caution.

According to a Reuters report from May, authorities in Manaus struggled to keep pace with burials. It said the State of Amazonas, in which Manaus is the capital, had a death rate of 19.4 per 100,000, compared to 4.4 for Brazil as a whole.

It is thought poor testing infrastructure means many cases were missed at the peak of the spread. However, recorded cases and deaths in Manaus started falling significantly from around June, prompting questions over whether the city had developed "herd immunity."

Normally, herd immunity is associated with vaccines—if a certain percentage of a population is inoculated against a virus, then vulnerable people who cannot or have not been vaccinated are protected by the "herd." However, throughout the coronavirus pandemic, herd immunity has been discussed as a potential way for regions to recover.

This approach has been called dangerous by World Health Organization officials. However, Manaus and its extreme level of infection potentially now provides an insight into herd immunity and the level of infection required before it is achieved.

In August, researchers noticed the fall in cases in Manaus and suggested herd immunity may have played a role.

Following the release of the Manaus study, Lewis Buss, from the University of São Paulo, said the findings are part of a wider research project looking at how antibody levels in eight different cities in Brazil change over time. "When an antibody test is positive this is evidence that a person has been previously infected with the SARS-CoV-2 virus," he told Newsweek in an email. "Based on the proportion of blood donors that we found to have antibodies, we estimated that over the course of the epidemic in Manaus 66 percent of the population was infected at some point during that time."

The team found transmission of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, increased quickly between March and April. It then declined between May and September, despite no measures being taken to slow the spread.

They said that while there may have been a change in behavior among the city residents that helped limit transmission, "the unusually high infection rate suggests that herd immunity played a significant role in determining the size of the epidemic."

The researchers also found that seroprevalence fell in July and August. The researchers say it is normal for antibodies to fall following infection and that their study was not designed to look at how long immunity lasts for. However, longer-term monitoring of the situation of Manaus could potentially provide an insight into this. "The significance of this in terms of protective immunity is still an open question," Buss said. "It will be important to continue to monitor the situation in Manaus to understand the issue better."

"Herd immunity is the proportion of the population that must be immune to an infection such that each case generates, on average, less than one new case. It is important to distinguish this from the final proportion of the population to become infected, which will be higher. Our study is an example of a largely unmitigated SARS-CoV-2 epidemic with an exceptionally high attack rate in which herd immunity may have contributed to the drop in new cases and deaths.

"As we emphasize in our preprint, our results should not be extrapolated directly to other contexts. Our results fit into the wider scientific discussion around herd immunity, which has largely relied on mathematical modeling, by providing empirical evidence of the extent of infection in one of the most severely affected areas of the world."

David Goldsmith, who recently wrote a commentary in the Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine about how Sweden—a herd immunity proponent—had failed to reach the level required for protection, said the latest findings show mitigation measures "hamper the rapid development of population herd immunity." But this rapid development, he said, comes at a price.

"From mortality studies we know that the price paid by vulnerable susceptible victims caught up in the COVID-19 maelstrom can be very high, so unrestrained viral infection will indeed burn itself out, but at a terrible cost," he told Newsweek in an email. "Now whether a 'slow fuse' approach to acquire herd immunity—as frequently claimed for Sweden—is a viable strategy remains very unclear, and again, fraught with risk."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...y-in-just-months-study-finds/ar-BB19lKtT

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
...got my pills ganst mosquito death 😎

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
^^^^^^ I see what you did there...😀

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Yes
and
Yes

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I know someone who is over the age of 80 who had bypass surgery one month before getting Covid. He was significantly short of breath and pretty sick. Got HCQ and started getting better literally the next day.

No one got rich off that

#taketheshot

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by slumlord
...got my pills ganst mosquito death 😎

They come to snuff the Rooster...but he ain't gonna die.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The only reason Uganda listed any COVID deaths is because they were promised a free sack of beans if they got in on the bullschit.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
It’s fuggin’ Uganda.

Even the crocodiles have AIDS. WGAF.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Both of my brothers are doctors. One of them sent me a link to aflds.com - it is a very helpful site.

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Get on a prophylactic dosage of hydroxy. America’s Front Line Doctors referenced above Will do a tele consult and arrange a prescription if you need it. I believe there are a large percentage of medical personnel and politicians on it. There has not been an outbreak among them yet, just isolated cases.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

I already talked to my heart doctor and told her that if I get covid I'll call her for hydroxychloroquine. She said, "Good, it works."

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I read up on Uganda

you wouldn't want to do what they did to prevent the spread

They went into a severe lock down, shutting down their economy , enforced curfew and limited transportation.

Women had trouble getting to hospitals to give birth and there are videos of security forces beating rule breakers.

Their economy went from 5.6% growth to .4

Last edited by KFWA; 09/24/20.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
420 members (10ring1, 1lesfox, 160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 43 invisible), 2,122 guests, and 923 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,070
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.