Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I sleep with a fan on to drown out road noise and have even slept with ear plugs in. In my estimation it is entirely possible that the police did announce themselves and it is entirely possible that the man that fired the shots didn't know it was the police. Maybe all he saw was the bright lights of their flashlights.

I guess I should apologize for being non-binary on this forum.

maybe we should relay on the testimony and facts the grand jury had in hand instead of internet speculation.

When is Walker's trial for whatever he was charged with for shooting at the cops.

GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I am not a supporter of no knock warrants on Americans...

I agree. Look up the case of Duncan Lemp. He was the subject of a no-knock warrant, also last March, after an anonymous call where he was red-flagged for illegally possessing firearms. He was 21 and had a juvenile record, he was also a member of "right-wing militia-type organizations". Some would call him a "white supremacist". He was killed in the execution of the warrant. The details of the incident are disputed between the police and other occupants of the house, but so far, police have refused to release the police body cam footage to clear up the dispute.

The police executed a no-knock warrant in the middle of the night based on an ANONYMOUS red-flag call. Some idiot judge thought that was appropriate. Duncan Lemp was killed while in his room with his pregnant girlfriend. Everyone of us who owns guns might have a neighbor who hates your Trump sign who could make a call and put you in that same situation. How would you react to a no-knock invasion of your house in the middle of the night. Think about that for awhile.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cooper57m
Well, the gun was legally owned and possessed and he shot at what he thought were intruders forcing their way into his home. The police say they knocked and announced, but did the armed occupant hear or comprehend that from a sound sleep? The shooter said he didn't hear it and thought his house was being invaded. He was arrested but the charges were dropped. It was determined to be justified, and as such, makes it legal.

Of course he’s going to say he thought he was shooting at burglars. He’d be nuts to say yeah the police came to serve a warrant so I fired on them!
The neighbors heard the police identity themselves as police.
The police were there to serve a warrant on his girlfriend who WAS a drug dealer. There’s no doubt that Taylor was heavily involved in drug dealing. He was likely a dealer (hard to imagine that he worked a 9-5 while his girlfriend ran a fairly large local hard drug trafficking enterprise).
In this political climate they weren’t going to charge him. They spent months looking at every possible angle to charge an officer with anything they could vaguely come up with.
The most likely scenario is that he was dealer he almost certainly new that his girlfriend was a distributor and key player in the local drug game and based on that alone should have expected an eventual raid. If that weren’t enough the neighbors stated that they heard the police clearly announce themselves. Even if the police only shouted “Police” a split second before kicking down the door that’s still way more than enough time to not fire at them.

Last edited by TheLastLemming76; 09/24/20.
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Be better to jus arrest the brother when he makes a trip to the liqua stow or da walmarts.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I sleep with a fan on to drown out road noise and have even slept with ear plugs in. In my estimation it is entirely possible that the police did announce themselves and it is entirely possible that the man that fired the shots didn't know it was the police. Maybe all he saw was the bright lights of their flashlights.

maybe we should relay on the testimony and facts the grand jury had in hand instead of internet speculation.

When is Walker's trial for whatever he was charged with for shooting at the cops.

People, we have this tool called the internet and google. The attempted murder charges against Walker have been DROPPED. A Grand Jury did not find sufficient evidence to indict.

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/4...nst-boyfriend-of-shooting-victim-breonna

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Well, the gun was legally owned and possessed and he shot at what he thought were intruders forcing their way into his home. The police say they knocked and announced, but did the armed occupant hear or comprehend that from a sound sleep? The shooter said he didn't hear it and thought his house was being invaded. He was arrested but the charges were dropped. It was determined to be justified, and as such, makes it legal.

Of course he’s going to say he thought he was shooting at burglars. He’d be nuts to say yeah the police came to serve a warrant so I fired on them!
The police were there to serve a warrant on his girlfriend who WAS a drug dealer. There’s no doubt that Taylor was heavily involved in drug dealing. He his girlfriend is heavily involved in drug distribution and he was likely a dealer too.
In this political climate and politics no way were they going to charge him. They spent months looking at every possible angle to charge an officer with anything they could vaguely come up with.
The most likely scenario is that he was dealer he almost certainly new that his girlfriend was a distributor and key player in the local door game and based on that alone should have expected an eventual raid. If that weren’t enough the neighbors stated that they heard the police clearly announce themselves. Even if the police only shouted “Police” a split second before kicking down the door that’s still way more than enough time to not fire at them.

I guess I am different from you. When I am startled awake from a deep sleep, I have a brief period of fog before I can accurately assess what's going on. I am probably unique in that regard though.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by KFWA
I dunno, if someone kicks in my door in the middle of the night......

I bet every one of us has a gun placed somewhere strategic just for that reason

No one kicked in the door. Witnesses said tha cops knocked for several minutes. So said the Kentucky arrorney general.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

People, we have this tool called the internet and google. The attempted murder charges against Walker have been DROPPED. A Grand Jury did not find sufficient evidence to indict.

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/4...nst-boyfriend-of-shooting-victim-breonna

Oh wow. It's almost as if the cops acknowledge that it is possible for someone who is startled from a sleep not to understand it is cops that are rushing at him in the dark. We should never use that as a reason to be much more selective in the issuance of no-knocks though.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Typical goddam democrats. Indict the cops for self defense and let the perps off. Just like the criminal (bicep boy) who tried to shoot Kyle Rittenhouse with his Glock in Kenosha.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

No one kicked in the door. Witnesses daid tha cops knocked for several minutes. So said the Kentucky arrorney general.

Several minutes? That would certainly negate any tactical advantage that doing this in the middle of the night would provide.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

The police were there to serve a warrant on his girlfriend who WAS a drug dealer. There’s no doubt that Taylor was heavily involved in drug dealing. He his girlfriend is heavily involved in drug distribution and he was likely a dealer too.
In this political climate and politics no way were they going to charge him. They spent months looking at every possible angle to charge an officer with anything they could vaguely come up with.
The most likely scenario is that he was dealer he almost certainly new that his girlfriend was a distributor and key player in the local door game and based on that alone should have expected an eventual raid. If that weren’t enough the neighbors stated that they heard the police clearly announce themselves. Even if the police only shouted “Police” a split second before kicking down the door that’s still way more than enough time to not fire at them.

I guess I am different from you. When I am startled awake from a deep sleep, I have a brief period of fog before I can accurately assess what's going on. I am probably unique in that regard though.

Right because you and your significant other probably are not running a drug trafficking business out of your apartment. If your going to do that and your door gets kicked while people shout police....

Most people living that lifestyle spend every day expecting police around every corner and are very aware that with the easy money almost certainly comes jail time and police raids.

Are you really saying that if you get startled in the night you start randomly shooting guns while in some “fog” unaware of what’s going on or whom you’re shooting at?

Last edited by TheLastLemming76; 09/24/20.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

The grand jury based on evidence presented to them declined to press charges. They are a jury of 12 in Kentucky requiring a 9 member majority for charges. They had access to much more than you do. That is a fact. That is the law as it is in Kentucky.

Walker case is distinct from whether to charge the officers. IOW, even if Walker was not guilty of anything at all the decision as to whether the officers were justified is a distinct set of facts.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

The police were there to serve a warrant on his girlfriend who WAS a drug dealer. There’s no doubt that Taylor was heavily involved in drug dealing. He was likely a dealer (hard to imagine that he worked a 9-5 while his girlfriend ran a fairly large local hard drug trafficking enterprise).
In this political climate they weren’t going to charge him. They spent months looking at every possible angle to charge an officer with anything they could vaguely come up with.

You are making a lot of assumptions that have not been proved. The warrant was to look for drugs the police THOUGHT were being stored in her apartment by her then former boyfriend who was the drug dealer. No drugs were found in her apartment. IF it had been used to store drugs (and that's a big unproven IF) they no longer were there. There is nothing to implicate the shooter as being a drug dealer. The police haven't alleged as such and he was not on the warrant. If you were to date someone who had once dated a guy involved in some illegal activity and were at her place, would you expect a police raid?? And - - just because the neighbors heard the police announce themselves does not mean the house occupants heard it. Some people have on headphones, are sound sleepers etc etc. No-knock warrants (even if they did knock) executed in the middle of the night should be reserved for the most dangerous suspects with lots of intel behind it and not used to do a search for drugs. If you look up the stats, you might be surprised at how common no-knock warrants actually are and how easily judges grant them. They should be VERY hard to get.

Last edited by cooper57m; 09/24/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The grand jury based on evidence presented to them declined to press charges. They are a jury of 12 in Kentucky requiring a 9 member majority for charges. They had access to much more than you do. That is a fact. That is the law as it is in Kentucky.

Walker case is distinct from whether to charge the officers. IOW, even if Walker was not guilty of anything at all the decision as to whether the officers were justified is a distinct set of facts.

If you had read, even remotely attentively, you would see that my responses have been narrowly focused on Walker's response. I don't know why in the hell you are addressing yesterday's GJ results with me.

If you want to switch topics, my opinion is that dropping the charges against Walker was correct and that the GJ got it right yesterday.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You are making a lot of assumptions that have not been proved. The warrant was to look for drugs the police THOUGHT were being stored in her apartment by her then former boyfriend who was the drug dealer. No drugs were found in her apartment. IF it had been used to store drugs (and that's a big unproven IF) they no longer were there. There is nothing to implicate the shooter as being a drug dealer. The police haven't alleged as such and he was not on the warrant. If you were to date someone who had once dated a guy involved in some illegal activity and were at her place, would you expect a police raid?? And - - just because the neighbors heard the police announce themselves does not mean the house occupants heard it. Some people have on headphones, are sound sleepers etc etc. No-knock warrants (even if they did knock) executed in the middle of the night should be reserved for the most dangerous suspects with lots of intel behind it and not used to do a search for drugs. If you look up the stats, you might be surprised at how common no-knock warrants actually are and how easily judges grant them. They should be VERY hard to get.

Good luck coaxing him into reading comprehension.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Ringman
This morning Napolitano said the guy in Taylor's apartment fired his gun LEGALLY when he shot the cop in the leg.

What's wrong with that guy?

Well, hypothetically, if all I knew about the case was that cops broke into someone's home in the middle of the night, and the resident opened fire, I'd have to agree. I don't think some of what cops do nowadays in serving warrants was anything like within the contemplation of the Founding Fathers who penned the Fourth Amendment.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
She was an EMT no? Got shot 8 times in her bed. In the warrant, there's plenty to associate her with the dealings of he Ex BF though.

The guy actually shooting, no indication he was a dealer is there? WTF happed to him? Like maybe instead they ought shot him. LOL

A fuucked up deal it seems to me.

The warrant was issued 3 months previously. Seems lame procedurally, no?

Anyways, accept the grand jury's decision and move on. Zero indication anything racial about the incident.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave

That's a good stance.

If you're the one defining "American."

I can think of no one better as to what defines an American...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

know this: The cops KNOCKED and identified themselves before busting in on a legal warrant...

You do realize that that exact pattern is standard practice in home invasion robbery, though, right?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

That's a good stance.

If you're the one defining "American."

I can think of no one better as to what defines an American...

It's certainly not a surprise that you hold yourself in high regard.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

481 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 34 invisible), 2,396 guests, and 1,047 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,285
Posts18,467,837
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.